The Legend of Zelda: Ruinous Shards- Updated 02/24/2015

haddockd

haha. No. I think its an issue with my plugin or setup. If I go to full screen or out of full screen it corrects itself but if I pause it, then it messes up again.

Oh yeah, I had that happen on the Kokiri bridge once. Well, I bet you could somehow, but it'd be a silly thing to do.  :x

Where's my deku nut icon? :(

Sent you a PM :)

Oh yeah, I had that happen on the Kokiri bridge once. Well, I bet you could somehow, but it'd be a silly thing to do.  :x

Interesting. None of my testers saw this issue so I am fairly sure that it is an issue on my end.

THANKS to Jason777 for his unwavering assistance and support. Without him, this mod would have never finished. </shameless plug>

Alrighty folks...I am beginning my final testing before releasing this bad boy. I have a few tight deadlines so expect it to take about a week or so. In celebration of this milestone, I want to release all the changes (high level) that this mod entails (it is subject to change pending my final tests):

1) Changed Master Sword model

2) Changed the Hammer into the Earthquake Axe

3) Changed BigGoron sword model into the Ultima Blade

4) Tunic Colors are now blue, black and purple

5) Changed Navi’s colors

6) Imported proper textures for all above changes as well as the slingshot and deku nuts to represent ice and fire respectively

7) Also imported the updated text for all new weapons, upgrade number amounts and Guilded (Deku) Tree dungeon

8) Increased walking speed and attack speed of Iron Knuckles

9) Imported dungeon from MM and set it up as an optional dungeon called Riddle of Time dungeon

10) The Owl now gives you information on hidden items and other gossip

11) Updated logo

12) Moved Nayru’s Love and Ice Arrows

13) Moved many Golden Skulltullas and Heart Pieces

14) Imported custom music for many areas. Music from MM, older Zelda games and WW are included.

15) Significantly different plot

16) Dungeons as a child must be done in a different order

17) Replaced sacred stones with Triforce shards

18) MANY of the NPC’s have very different personalities

19) Many enemies are weak against Deku Nuts (fire damage) and slingshot (ice damage)

20) Moved most upgrade items and BigGoron Sword quest (bypassed it mostly)

21) Moved Big Poes

Changed the upgrade amounts for:

Quiver upgrades:

1st: 30  2nd: 50      3rd: 99

Bomb bags:

1st: 30  2nd: 50  3rd: 99

Wallet:

Kid: 99  Adult: 500  Giant: 999

Deku seeds:

Deku nuts:

Deku sticks:

• Like 1

RELEASE SCHEDULE TIME!

I have one change pending that MellonSpeedruns is looking into for me and it is a minor change. Outside of that this bad boy is FINISHED!!!! I anticipate getting his work in a day or two.

I am sending the mod to a select group of people for a closed early release. The folks who helped me with this mod, get first dibs. Its just good form. They will get it in a day or 2. Hopefully they will enjoy it fully!

I will be releasing this into the wild (to all of you) in about a week so stay tuned :)

The proposed release is set for 03/21/2015 so be on the lookout!

• Like 6

Are all maps hardware compatible now? If you want, I can test and do a clean-up for hardware stuffs if you haven't.

But I'm not sure how out-of-date your other maps are. I'd love to add it to my collection for my flash cart ROMs.

I think Petrie911's hack was all hardware compatible since he just did mostly code hacks.

I honestly have no idea if it is hardware compatible. Since the only things in this game that are custom are the biggoron sword and the triforce shard, it is probably compatible. Feel free to give it a shot! :)

Oh, and on a side note...love the new pic

I replaced quite a few of the icons. I thought they added not only a new look but also a more detailed icon :) That doesn't mean I am completely sold on them.

If you want to send me over a sample or 2, I would be happy to consider it.

The triforce shards most likely won't work on hardware. I haven't had time to figure out how Model2F3DEX2 works yet, so I just used Model2N64 to convert the model. Also, didn't you say that you didn't really care for hardware-compability? Just tell me if you want me to try and re-doing them.

The triforce shards most likely won't work on hardware. I haven't had time to figure out how Model2F3DEX2 works yet, so I just used Model2N64 to convert the model. Also, didn't you say that you didn't really care for hardware-compability? Just tell me if you want me to try and re-doing them.

If you were using the public build 0b, it's hardware compatible.

Or one of the public builds... I worked with xdaniel to have a proper converter.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.