Ruinous Shards Feedback and Issues

haddockd

Hi All,

This thread is specifically for feedback about the mod and any issues you run into while playing the mod. I have an open mind but please remember that this mod has taken me 3 years to complete so be respectful. :) While I cannot guarantee I will implement any particular changes, I will absolutely take the advice of the community into consideration. I will also fix issues that I deem deal breakers. As an example:

Things I want to know about:

• Crashes, freezes or items that are not attainable
  • Unable to complete a dungeon, quest or the game for any reason
  • Inconsistencies, irregularities or off plot points
  • Issues like text going out of boxes, NPCs giving wrong info or things that just make no sense
  • Spelling correctness (minus apostrophes, etc)
  • Heart Pieces or Golden Skulltullas not being where they should be (A doc is included in the mod)

Things I will likely not deal with (not to say they aren't valid):

• Small text alignment issues
  • Any of the graphics or design choices you believe to be off. I worked with some of the best folks around and asked for help. If you didn't volunteer...you cant complain  :P
  • Changing the mod in a significant or extreme way (like adding new dungeons or models)

Now that all that is out of the way...

I sent the closed preview to 5 people so they should be the only ones posting here until the official release in a week. Keep in mind sending me a PM is always acceptable as well.

Suggestions:

-------------------

1. Textures are blurry, and the tunic texture looks a bit weird/gross (also, why is the Kokiri Sword icon blurry? I'm confused)
  2. you should have booby-trapped Mido's house, it was too easy to get rupees. I was expecting being frozen, lol. :x
  3. The Deku Shield text is badly spaced, and too much spaces used after part of it... you could look here for tips: http://wiki.cloudmodding.com/oot/Text_Format

You can improve that Deku Shield text with adding the icon. Just look over the text in-game, it looks terrible.  :x

There are a few places in the text where if I changed the text I had to do alot of rework because the commands were either undocumented or the needed text would not fit once I changed the format. I know some of it is poorly spaced but I fixed all that I could. I will take a look at adding the icon :) I didn't think the off spacing was that off putting but I do agree it isnt professional looking.

I replaced the existing icons with many made for me (which were higher def than the originals). Are you saying they are blurrier than the originals? I am not seeing that on my end...let me look into it.

I just had a little go, seems pretty good so far! I won't be able to play much anytime soon, but when I do I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Only thing I noticed during my session was that the text for the kokiri sword chest changes tense at the end. Not a big deal, but it's the small details right?   ^_^

You appear to have broken the start menu a little - where the game would usually put the last visual frame in the background it's just freaking out instead.

b4wXOql.jpg

I'd take a guess that this might have something to do with the code for 'fixing' pause delay that has been floating around. Last I heard some people were going as far as patching it to the ROM, which is totally unnecessary. I'm not sure how many people know it, but the debug ROM's pause menu on a console is very fast compared to all other versions of OoT; it's only on emulators that it will slow down or crash. I'm not saying you're wrong to use it (vast majority will play this on emulator only) or that you should go and fix it but, to me, looking at a pause menu that's flashing is a little annoying/distracting.

Also, when I received the shard of power I couldn't see it on the screen for more than a few seconds because it was being drawn behind the map's mesh (again this probably doesn't happen on emu). I assume this can be fixed but I wouldn't know how.

Other than this it seems good so far, no other major issues for me and the script has made me giggle more than a few times already.

I was using glide64 and didnt notice the background but how about the shard of power airikita?

MellonSpeedruns did patch the rom for me to avoid having to use the delay patch because pushing start crashed this game at least 1/3 of the time

Are you playing it on real hardware? That may be why. I didnt have the capability to test it so I have no idea if it works...i would LOVE to hear more about that though. Although if it doesnt, I have no idea how to fix it lol.

Something strange happened to me while playing.. i beated the Queen Gohma and then i warped to guilded tree and started talking  to him and then he asked will i forgive him --->yes --no... but i could control link (walk around) and message box just kept flouting... then i pressed B and the message box disappear then i checked my inventory and notice that i have the shard of power  so i can continue but i have no idea where i got the shard or why  (and sorry for my bad English hope you understand)

I was using glide64 and didnt notice the background but how about the shard of power airikita?

MellonSpeedruns did patch the rom for me to avoid having to use the delay patch because pushing start crashed this game at least 1/3 of the time

Are you playing it on real hardware? That may be why. I didnt have the capability to test it so I have no idea if it works...i would LOVE to hear more about that though. Although if it doesnt, I have no idea how to fix it lol.

Nope, but I use the Corona fix, so that might be it. I have the settings to simulate hardware. Glide64 is highly accurate with proper settings.

Heck, it's so accurate it's shown imbalanced colors I never notice on emulator, but usually by testing on console.

It's not 100% accurate, so I can't give it that, but it's on-the-money otherwise.

Something strange happened to me while playing.. i beated the Queen Gohma and then i warped to guilded tree and started talking  to him and then he asked will i forgive him --->yes --no... but i could control link (walk around) and message box just kept flouting... then i pressed B and the message box disappear then i checked my inventory and notice that i have the shard of power  so i can continue but i have no idea where i got the shard or why  (and sorry for my bad English hope you understand)

What settings and emu are you using? Several people have already beaten Ghoma based on their feedback and they havent seen this issue.

but i could control link (walk around) and message box just kept flouting... then i pressed B and the message box disappear then i checked my inventory and notice that i have the shard of power  so i can continue but i have no idea where i got the shard or why

Most likely case is that you pressed a d-pad button. The functions for interrupting and skipping cutscenes haven't been patched out in this ROM. You actually receive the shard of power when you enter the blue warp after beating Gohma and not when Link is shown holding it over his head - this is merely part of a cutscene.

Are you playing it on real hardware?

I'll be playing it on N64 so if I have any problems with it I'll let you know. I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to put into it though.

• Like 1

I made that mistake with the d-pad, and assumed I found a new glitch... then when I figured out what I did trying to replicate it, I was like "oh... I'm an idiot." :x lol

I softlocked at the owl when climbing some vines, so OF COURSE I thought it was just some weird bug I found.

===================================================

Whoops, can't stay away from my glitch habits:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Stuck_RS_zpssf224we9.png

Sowwy.  :x