Ura Zelda *New Project*

NekaHikiage

Yeah, If you are asking, I'm gonna make Ura Zelda Alone, This is a alone project, So please, Don't Ask things like : ¿I can participate in the project? Because they can't, I Only accept people who want to be Beta Tester, and maybe composer for the music (Although probably use the music uploaded by Conker) But well...

I will try to follow the original line Zeth, so it will include the Temple of Light, Ice Palace, Palace of the dark, and probably some other temple you can get to match history.

Razer, The Fairy, Will be in the game, I'm not 100% sure of this decision, although probably change of fairy.

Well, That's All i have to say, A new project has begun, And it's Going to be finished, In a future!!!

I hope to get support from the community.

Alright,
Neka says goodbye!

• Like 1

URA is dead. Zeth, Shadowfire, and the rest of the team do not want it to come back, and if Zeth wanted it back he'd do it himself. It was just his project and it'd be better to just let it die and rest in peace. 
Also if you DO go through with this, dispite everything, you should NOT use the music Zeth or others composed for the project, without their permission. 

• Like 2

OR ...or..Now hang with me here on this one..

You can let the Ura Project be like the Cd-I games and be nothing more then a damn nightmare that everybody just wants to forget including Zeth.

On top of the fact of how much legality is actually being broken by even attempting to do a Zelda project like this.(Not like Nintendo cares I mean look at PETA's stupid attempts) You pretty much and it'd be in best interest for you to rebuild EVERYTHING from the ground up not rely on other people's stuff cause then that just makes you look like an idiot who'd rather use other people's stuff then make his/her own.

Unless you have no problems living within Zeth's shadow.

• Like 2

Unless you have no problems living within Zeth's shadow.

Do I smell a pun? :P Also, HI RIZ!!!oen!!1

Anyway, on topic... In regards to music, while I don't speak for Nitroflasher, punk7890 and Zeth, I doubt they will want their music to be used for your project. Also, I highly recommend you refrain from titling you project as Ura. It WILL open old and new wounds alike. Instead, focus on calling it something else, and come up with an original setting for it. I'm not saying this for the sake of ego or anything, but I don't want anyone to have any severe backlash over the desire to continue a project that was doomed to fail.

• Like 1

Well okay, I think people still have trouble moving on, but maybe this will spark some interests again.

I don't see a problem, other than you'll likely never do the level of ASM hacking the URA team did, but you can probably make something unique! I am intrigued that you're interested in tackling such a big project... just be careful, you might get a lot of good/bad feedback.

I think everyone should just sit back, and let the guy try~

• Like 1

Original characters, however, yeah.

Also forgot to say content in general.

All original content, permission needed.

But the concept of URA, where you play as one of Nintendo's characters (Satellaview mascot)?

Yeah, really, if I was resurrecting this project, I wouldn't even bother wasting my time asking for permission, seeing as that character isn't original.

I'd just do it. I wouldn't even give credit (read: because nothing is forcing me to).

I'd just let people put two and two together and figure out themselves that I used the idea from URA.

Well okay, I think people still have trouble moving on, but maybe this will spark some interests again.

I don't see a problem, other than you'll likely never do the level of ASM hacking the URA team did, but you can probably make something unique! I am intrigued that you're interested in tackling such a big project... just be careful, you might get a lot of good/bad feedback.

I think everyone should just sit back, and let the guy try~

Even though I'd like URA to finally die, I don't really care what NekaHikiage does, as long as there isn't a gigantic ruckus in the GCN again, since it seems like there will always be somebody who will try to bring it back. So, good luck on that project.

• Like 2

Been a member since may of this year and only have two posts...God I need to get rid of my life...aaannnnyyywwaaaayyysss..

As I said you just need to let the URA project die. I'm usually right with my predictions and all it is gonna do is stir up a CF.

So to protect yourself and others from the endless drama that comes with anything Zelda related(I can same the same for anything Sonic related) go find yourself something else to do.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you here. Zeth when he started he had the drive and the ambition to do this project. But that all left him and we know the outcome of that. 

Do you really think you can take up the mantle of a project as big as URA was?

You can name it something else, and use similar concepts... I mean, the concept of a Light Temple is nothing new. Just, of course, make it your own.

I'm also glad people want URA to die... I mean, it's hard to bring it back, we need to get away from it. Original stuff is more fun/interesting. I'm mostly glad because I thought people in this community were still clinging to the idea. Not all of us, but some people... eh...

• Like 1

Alright, I think you're Right, But...What about a ocarina mod, Whit a new whole story, New characters, New Dungeons, And new ending, ¿What you say about that?

Kusai and some other of our friends can tell you I am a sucker for originality. It's one of the issues I've been having with alot of games that have come out lately is being that they are doing the same thing over and over again.

I merely don't want you getting a drive to do this project and going into it knowing that you have to match upto what Zeth left behind. Going into your own project and spinning it round OOT puts you first off away from Zeth cause you're not standing in his mold.

And honestly I view OOT as the superior game to do it for not because I happen to like OOT more then MM or whatever. It's because OOT is the more open ended of the game. MM you were pretty much rushed to do everything within a timespan of three days. OOT you could take as long as you wanted.

So yeah go do it for OOT. I may not log in much(If at all) but I do skim the forum and keep a eye on things. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Late, but I say you should probably go for it.  Why?

Because we need more ambition in this world nowadays.  Especially in the ROM hacking and fan game 'scenes', which seem to have become filled with somewhat bland, 'simple' projects rather than the more interesting and fancy ones of yore.  It's why I really like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (which unfortunately got prematurely cancelled about a week ago, with the team wanting to get everything finished off quickly), and Super Mario Fusion, and Brutal Mario.  So go ahead and try it, it'd at least give people something interesting to talk about/look at before it gets cancelled sometime in the future.  And I've always wanted another big project to support, so maybe this could be it.

Late, but I say you should probably go for it.  Why?

Because we need more ambition in this world nowadays.  Especially in the ROM hacking and fan game 'scenes', which seem to have become filled with somewhat bland, 'simple' projects rather than the more interesting and fancy ones of yore.  It's why I really like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (which unfortunately got prematurely cancelled about a week ago, with the team wanting to get everything finished off quickly), and Super Mario Fusion, and Brutal Mario.  So go ahead and try it, it'd at least give people something interesting to talk about/look at before it gets cancelled sometime in the future.  And I've always wanted another big project to support, so maybe this could be it.

I personally disagree with you on most of that.

I think the Zelda Hacking scene is as good as ever, the modding part of it may even be better than it has been the past few years.

Sure, we did have URA, an amazing project which went way beyond any other projects so far. Problem is, it was TO good, I bet they weren't even close to being able to achieve lots of things they wanted to do.

Now, however, we have a lot smaller projects, which is making good progress, and actually bring the modding and hacking community forward, which will help future projects.

URA was also more closed off. Documentation wasn't shared in the same way that more recent projects like voyager of time has.

Sure, I'd love a project like URA, problem is that to achieve such a big goal, you'd need to do A LOT of things which just aren't possible with the current documentation and hacking tools available, so I don't see a reason not to start out with smaller projects and bring the community forward, to make it easier for future projects to reach a result closer to that of URA.

And to answer this thread, I am against starting a new URA zelda. Because that'd mean you're trying to RECREATE something (which wasn't done) which initially had the goal of recreating something (which also wasn't done).

You could start a big project such as URA with an original story, hero, etc. by why do you have to copy someone else? Just start fresh and do your own thing, that'll make it a lot easier for you, and the community which just want URA to go away.

This is just my own view on it all though, and some may not agree at all.

• Like 2

Why not the real ura zelda not zeth's ura zelda. The one that was going to have a orange/gold tunic and white tunic ,finish the ice cavern as its un finished by looking at the mini map instead of having a new one! Zeth's was going to be a whole new zelda game not an expansion that it's almost not related to oot anymore

URA was never intended to be hardware-specific either, and was thought to include its own "special" emulator, which is ridiculous. The memory mapping (with what they expected) would not work unless they ruined how the boot handles errors, then you have other functions that would mess up in other ways.

You could expand it, but good luck finding all the commands that use the full original N64 memory map. Most of it is super-ambiguous, and appear as values.