High School Blues

CorruptedMoon

Light clutched his books to himself, glancing around quietly. He made his way to the music room, thankful he had a study hall before any actual classes. Perhaps some music could soothe his frayed nerves. He set his books down and brought his flute out from his backpack, smiling at it before he began to play softly.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The hedgehog gave a soft sigh as he felt a gentle breeze blow against him.

"There's something familiar about this breeze. Almost as if..."

Sonic's eyes suddenly opened and a sad expression seemed to come to his face, the emerald-eyed male shaking his head.

"No, I can't keep thinking of that. It's already been five years..."

The sound of music came to his ears, making him stand upright. Listening to the faint melody for a few seconds, his curiosity got the better of him, and he raced off towards its source.

Sonic blinked again. The music had stopped. He almost laughed in disbelief.

"I can only imagine what he'd say if he were here. 'What's the matter, faker? Losing your touch?'"

The bell indicating the end of free period rang, and Sonic winced, the hedgehog being right underneath one. Giving a sigh, the blue blur set off for his lockers, not noticing as a door suddenly opened in front of him, walking clean into it, and falling to the ground.

"Oof! That was way past uncool!"

Blinking, the hedgehog nodded.

He isn't who I hoped it would be, though the similarities are certainly there... never seen him around though...

Sonic slowly stood up and put on his trademark grin.

"Heh... I'm fine. It'll take more than a door to faze me, although... I haven't seen you around before. You new?"

It seemed that fate was against Light, as when he and Sonic arrived, the gym teacher was bringing out the dodgeball equipment. The teacher glanced over at the two hedgehogs and nodded.

"Nice to see you here early for once, Sonic. Ah, and your friend here... I guess this must be the new boy, Light. Am I right?"

Giving his grin, Sonic nodded, the teacher grinning back.

"Alright, boys... head to the locker room and change. Sonic, get Light everything he needs."

The hedgehog nodded, before turning to his new friend and motioning for him to follow.

Another chuckle was given, the blue hedgehog finding a locker for Light. His grin widened when he realised the locker beside his was free, so he grabbed the key, before heading to the gymwear closet.

"Hey, Light... find your size and put them on. Oh, and here's your locker key. I'm gonna go get changed. We're still a bit early. Everyone else must be stragglin' behind. Heh... slowpokes."

As Sonic changed, he gave a slight smile.

Light, huh? He seems like a rather nice guy. A tad shy, though it is his first day at a new school, so I'll give him that.

Smile fading, Sonic slowed his pace.

He looks just like... him. Could they be...?

Shaking his head, Sonic gave a sigh, finishing up, and placing his regular clothes into his locker.

Back out on the field with the rest of the class, the gym teacher had chosen Sonic as one of the captains of the dodgeball teams, choosing a dog as the other captain. Taking a hold of the ball, Sonic grinned and immediately spoke the name of the first person he selected for his team.

"Light."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.