Footage of URA Zelda Trailers on YouTube

_MarcMadness_

Just a question, why is everyone saying URA? It's Ura. It's not an acronym, it's a Japanese word. It literally means "back again," or "another."

For me, it's just a matter of not letting go of the shift key before typing the second two letters, and then not wanting to change it afterwards.

Can't speak for everyone else though. :P

• Like 1

Just a question, why is everyone saying URA? It's Ura. It's not an acronym, it's a Japanese word. It literally means "back again," or "another."

For me, it's just a matter of not letting go of the shift key before typing the second two letters, and then not wanting to change it afterwards.

Can't speak for everyone else though. :P

Maybe it's to differentiate it from the original Ura, since URA is not what was supposed to be released on the N64DD. I mean, I sure as hell would get confused if there were two Uras.

I always call it Ura (though from time to time, its overuse as URA has affected my spelling). I never understood why it was URA either. Zeth wanted to call the bonus dungeon the URA Tower, not the Ura Tower. How dumb is that?

Hey guys, let's go to the FIRE Temple!

• Like 3

Ura certainly was a thing. It just happened to be way over-hyped and inflated beyond the actual work done (you can thank Zeth for trying to protect his ego). Like many unfortunate games before it, Ura got stuck in development hell. That's what happens when you have poor leadership. There was more than enough fan support, but when most of the project resources are not shared between team members, it's hard to understand the scope of the project, what was in progress, and what needed to be done.

Zeth was far too shady a person to lead the project. He kept us in dim lighting where we had to guess amongst ourselves what was happening, and he failed to keep the team updated on a general level. For instance, because I pried enough, I knew more information about the game than most other team members—and I was one of the last people to join the effort. It's a damn shame, because I know a number of people feel it was a wasted effort. Fortunately the work I created for Ura, while not used, was great for my personal development as a concept artist and to my knowledge, has inspired others to pursue their own endeavors. That's enough for me.

While it was exciting, there are better things on the horizon.

• Like 2

Not entirely sure if anyone is interested, but I have every one of Zeth's old YouTube videos saved up until the Palace of Ice Silver Rupee Challenge. I'd be more than willing to upload these at some point if anyone would like it—or I could send them to Shadow Fire if he'd rather, and have them uploaded to the official GCN channel.

I tend to archive anything I see, hence why I have them. Never got a chance to see the videos uploaded after the sneak peek of the Palace of Ice, though.

• Like 1

Not entirely sure if anyone is interested, but I have every one of Zeth's old YouTube videos saved up until the Palace of Ice Silver Rupee Challenge. I'd be more than willing to upload these at some point if anyone would like it—or I could send them to Shadow Fire if he'd rather, and have them uploaded to the official GCN channel.

I tend to archive anything I see, hence why I have them. Never got a chance to see the videos uploaded after the sneak peek of the Palace of Ice, though.

Sure, man... send them my way and I'll upload them to the official channel.

Glad to see we're getting more leaks. Some of the models need complete re-texturing due to some MM textures not present in OOT and I've no idea how to import to MM. After I'm done with the models maybe I can get videos of the places and upload them. Honestly, I've not been this giddy in a while xD Inner nerd is freaking out

What?

EDIT: It doesn't matter if there are textures that aren't originally found in-game.

Edited by Jason777

Glad to see we're getting more leaks. Some of the models need complete re-texturing due to some MM textures not present in OOT and I've no idea how to import to MM. After I'm done with the models maybe I can get videos of the places and upload them. Honestly, I've not been this giddy in a while xD Inner nerd is freaking out

What?

EDIT: It doesn't matter if there are textures that aren't originally found in-game.

Some of the textures the game simply does not recognize and will not allow a port.

What?

Some of the textures the game simply does not recognize and will not allow a port.

Uh, no. Apply textures in sketchup. That's all that matters.

All that matters is that the overall size of an individual texture file stays within the range of what the N64 can handle (texture cache) and that there are converters that can take that specific texture file format and convert it into a format that the N64 will recognize.

I was wondering if anyone had screenshots, videos or music of the Deepwood Shrine? (Not in concept art form)

was either Deepwood Shrine or the Temple of Wood, can't remember which. If it was the latter, then to my knowledge, no content was ever made for Deepwood Shrine other than the music.
  • Like 1

I actually near to finished one revision of the palace of thunder, but it was horrible so I scrapped it and started from scratch. That second revision got about 80% finished on paper and maybe 10% finished as models. I had a hard time completing it, mainly because I didn't have a good idea of items flow and what the player was supposed to have at that stage.

I had the same problem with the Palace of Earth, which is why the design ultimately had to be scrapped even though the first design was totally done. That, and puzzle design isn't my forte, and it didn't help that Zeth was notoriously scarce for helping with specifics on dungeons.

Addressing Spire's uncertainties, a subterranean Hyrule Castle was planned to be a full dungeon, and the Palace of Souls hallway was imported into the Debug ROM before Second Life, so that did see some degree of completion (though that was all that was done for that dungeon).

It's great to see these videos, gives you an idea of the level of effort and work put into the project. If anyone is curious, I plan on making special dungeons for my mod. I'm also planning on my own Temple of Light, but that's far from my plans for now. Kokiri Forest will be transformed into a Lost Woods dungeon. I'm taking small steps each time though, so it's one of those projects that will take a while.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...