Footage of URA Zelda Trailers on YouTube

_MarcMadness_

Just had to be that guy huh? lol jk its all good! I'm sure you are asking what others have had on their mind as well. We won't be releasing the files, not because Shadowfire and I don't want to release it. Actually its quiet the opposite, we want to release it so badly that we are restarting the project, though under a different title and team while reworking a lot of the kinks/problems that plagued the project. With that, is all I can say on the matter at this time. :)

That's an interesting bit of news, and its secretly what I've always wanted to here. I was fucking pissed when the project was canceled, and its nice to know it may be coming back. I'm sure you guys of all thought of this, but please, scale it back so you can all handle it. Also, are you guys gonna be going back to the OOT engine?

That's an interesting bit of news, and its secretly what I've always wanted to here. I was fucking pissed when the project was canceled, and its nice to know it may be coming back. I'm sure you guys of all thought of this, but please, scale it back so you can all handle it. Also, are you guys gonna be going back to the OOT engine?

It had been something I've wanted for a long time, a lot of my heart was in this project and killed me when I watched it fall apart due to the old disgruntled team members, but things are a lot better now with much higher hopes! Its been scaled back quite a bit and things are much more feasible now. As for the engine, yes we are going back to OOT's engine.

I feel like part of the issue was that Ura was considered just your project Takuhi, and not the teams, which meant there was a lot more pressure and focus on you. That in conjunction with the huge publicity the project got would have been pretty stressful. It also means that most of the fans would look at you if something went wrong.

I can understand why you would be pissed about the hate, but whatever actually happened with Ura, whoever was in the wrong or made mistakes, it's in the past and doesn't matter. This is a new project which just so happens to use assets and ideas from Ura and I hope people treat it as such. :)

Last thing, I hope that everythings a little more transparent with this project, personally I'd prefer updates with no progress than being left in the dark.

I feel like part of the issue was that Ura was considered just your project Takuhi, and not the teams, which meant there was a lot more pressure and focus on you. That in conjunction with the huge publicity the project got would have been pretty stressful. It also means that most of the fans would look at you if something went wrong.

I can understand why you would be pissed about the hate, but whatever actually happened with Ura, whoever was in the wrong or made mistakes, it's in the past and doesn't matter. This is a new project which just so happens to use assets and ideas from Ura and I hope people treat it as such. :)

Last thing, I hope that everythings a little more transparent with this project, personally I'd prefer updates with no progress than being left in the dark.

I shared the project with everyone on my team, taking in their ideas and listening to their input. I would also credit my members for their work but as you said, what happened back then is the past and this is a new project with a new team. We will release information when we are ready, unlike last time we aren't going to cave into the pressure of the community for updates but we will also be able to talk with the community on the forums so they won't be entirely in the dark.

• Like 1

I shared the project with everyone on my team, taking in their ideas and listening to their input. I would also credit my members for their work but as you said, what happened back then is the past and this is a new project with a new team. We will release information when we are ready, unlike last time we aren't going to cave into the pressure of the community for updates but we will also be able to talk with the community on the forums so they won't be entirely in the dark.

Hell, I don't care if updates only come around every five months, i'm not blaming a single individual for this, but can we try not to have a trailer 3 incident again? If you guys start to mention an update is around the corner, please make sure its actually around the corner lol. That's all I ask...

• Like 1

My only problem as the project's leader was making the mistake of allowing Spire on the team which caused 90% of the conflicts and trusting Ura's programmer's decision whether certain content was added or not. All she told me was yes instead of telling me where our limits were and being honest. The project itself had become too big and complicated then I even wanted it to be, which again was Spire's fault. Any time we tried to set anything in stone, Spire was over-complicating it or challenging it the next day which stunted the progress of the project.

Everything was Spire's fault, that damn hooligan. There is no chance that anyone else did anything to contribute to the downfall. Anyone.

Seriously though, it's been a while and I think you've had more than enough time to reflect on the situation, yet this the conclusion you've come to? Shouldn't a project leader take responsibility for fixing the faults in his team? If Spire was such a problem, then removing him should have resolved everything, yes? It seems however that conflict continued, which should have been a red flag that something else was awry. Perhaps I'm wrong and don't have enough insight to truly say that, but I do know that there were other major issues before Spire even joined the team. Trailer 3 was delayed many times (which may have been from very explainable delays, but the probability of these coincidentally happening just before the trailer's release are low enough for me to reasonably doubt this,) threads were deleted and restarted because of too much drama, and constructive crticism was mistaken for attacks. However, you say that your ONLY problem as the project's leader was letting Spire join the team. That's unlikely, and I'm sure other members were to blame as well for internal conflict.

I hate to throw all of this out there, but this is not intended as some sort of attack towards you or the project. Rather, I think that if you honestly want to achieve your goal of completing this project and releasing it, you will have to rethink how you're going about this. Maybe projects don't need leaders after all, just several components each adding something else to the table. Maybe you could make it more of a collaboration than a "leader and members" situation. Having each person make what they want to make and having it incorporated somehow, even that could work. That gets rid of the feeling that you're being commanded to do something you're not interested in, too.

That's something for you to consider, though. Perhaps you really only made one mistake as a project leader, and that lead to the downfall of the project. Whatever you do, I guess we'll see how that turns out.

Everything was Spire's fault, that damn hooligan. There is no chance that anyone else did anything to contribute to the downfall. Anyone.

Seriously though, it's been a while and I think you've had more than enough time to reflect on the situation, yet this the conclusion you've come to? Shouldn't a project leader take responsibility for fixing the faults in his team? If Spire was such a problem, then removing him should have resolved everything, yes? It seems however that conflict continued, which should have been a red flag that something else was awry. Perhaps I'm wrong and don't have enough insight to truly say that, but I do know that there were other major issues before Spire even joined the team. Trailer 3 was delayed many times (which may have been from very explainable delays, but the probability of these coincidentally happening just before the trailer's release are low enough for me to reasonably doubt this,) threads were deleted and restarted because of too much drama, and constructive crticism was mistaken for attacks. However, you say that your ONLY problem as the project's leader was letting Spire join the team. That's unlikely, and I'm sure other members were to blame as well for internal conflict.

I hate to throw all of this out there, but this is not intended as some sort of attack towards you or the project. Rather, I think that if you honestly want to achieve your goal of completing this project and releasing it, you will have to rethink how you're going about this. Maybe projects don't need leaders after all, just several components each adding something else to the table. Maybe you could make it more of a collaboration than a "leader and members" situation. Having each person make what they want to make and having it incorporated somehow, even that could work. That gets rid of the feeling that you're being commanded to do something you're not interested in, too.

That's something for you to consider, though. Perhaps you really only made one mistake as a project leader, and that lead to the downfall of the project. Whatever you do, I guess we'll see how that turns out.

Yeah I have Cdi, I have taken a lot of time to reflect, there was of course RL stuff happening ontop of things, things out of control and I wasn't going to put the project over people's real life, but the same was not returned by said team when I needed it the most. These same people who refused to give it to me caused internal conflict behind the scenes spearheaded by Spire until things collapsed all at once. They let their own insecurities fester instead of talking to me about any issues they had with the project.

http://gyazo.com/9d74881b803b53615f00076cdb17655f

^ Even the person who knows Spire more than anyone admitted this fact. Spire tried this same with Mellow(staff) and I warned him and so did Zaneeba as well which prevented Spire pulling the same trick twice.(You can ask him for confirmation if you like) Sakura also tried to do a project after Ura's downfall in which she also experienced the same problem that I did. (The logs below are from the conversation I had with Sakura back in July of last year, I apologize for the gibberish numbers, its how the irc logs saved.)

T 1400726410 18<sakura> It kept changing constantly

T 1400726524 20<Takuhi>30 A lot of it was just too much

T 1400726531 20<Takuhi>30 and I agree fully that it was changing way too much

T 1400726547 18<sakura> Yeah, I think Spire was a huge problem for that

T 1400726550 20<Takuhi>30 ^

T 1400726571 20<Takuhi>30 I honestly believed a lot of our problems would be less and the progress we would of had a lot more going on had Spire not been there

T 1400726574 18<sakura> I was going to make my own mod, and he basically tried to take it over and put in all these deep symbolic ideas where they didn't belong

T 1400726585 20<Takuhi>30 ^

T 1400726590 18<sakura> I couldn't even work with him at all, even firmly suggesting that I knew what I wanted to do didn't work

T 1400726653 18<sakura> I mean, I know that's why that happened in particular. It just really sucked that when we did make something, it went out to keeping the community happy instead of that third trailer because the third trailer was so crucial. No matter what else we released, the community got upset because it was delayed for so long

T 1400726673 20<Takuhi>30 Yeah

T 1400726698 20<Takuhi>30 there was a lot of things that did happen though and we should of -never- let the community put that kind of pressure on us

T 1400726734 20<Takuhi>30 Like your computer issues, or my car accident or what happened with my brother and his family

T 1400726742 20<Takuhi>30 That's RL stuff and its important

T 1400726770 20<Takuhi>30 I wish I would been more stern with the community about that and that they can wait

T 1400726881 20<Takuhi>30 I also should of never came back til I was ready to take on the project.

T 1400726894 20<Takuhi>30 Spire was pestering me every day after my brother's death

T 1400726944 20<Takuhi>30 The worse part

T 1400726949 20<Takuhi>30 was we made it a chore

T 1400726952 20<Takuhi>30 instead of being fun

T 1400726967 18<sakura> Yeah, completely agreed

T 1400726967 20<Takuhi>30 We honestly needed to take time for all of us to just have fun

T 1400726975 18<sakura> It was supposed to be a hobby

Overall Cdi, I want to do right by this project. I want to see it through to succession and give the community a fun mod to enjoy.

I talk with Spire a lot now, and I've discussed these sorts of ideas with him. Yes, he's passionate and involved with his ideas, but he's not one to completely deny compromise. Placing the blame on him for destroying a project is unreasonable; he's a good mapper and has good ideas, and even if some of them come off as unwanted or not necessary, I would never say that he'd push them selfishly. In this case, it was flawed communication that ultimately brought things to such a dispute over content and ideas. I do understand what you're trying to say though. I've had a lot of good discussion with Spire, however, and I find it hard to believe that he would not reconsider ideas or open up to other ones at all.

I talk with Spire a lot now, and I've discussed these sorts of ideas with him. Yes, he's passionate and involved with his ideas, but he's not one to completely deny compromise. Placing the blame on him for destroying a project is unreasonable; he's a good mapper and has good ideas, and even if some of them come off as unwanted or not necessary, I would never say that he'd push them selfishly. In this case, it was flawed communication that ultimately brought things to such a dispute over content and ideas. I do understand what you're trying to say though. I've had a lot of good discussion with Spire, however, and I find it hard to believe that he would not reconsider ideas or open up to other ones at all.

Yes Spire is a good mapper. Yes he is a good artist. Yes he had some awesome Ideas. But I have seen him work to control a project with my  own eyes. When the project all ended and everyone was putting the blame on Zeth? Guess who was the only person to go to his side and be like "Hey, what happened?" 

Me.

No, perhaps it wasn't a collective work of just Spire alone, and that's fine for you to think! Everyone could have handled the situation far more maturely!

But, honestly, this is not the place to throw out fits on who's opinion is bigger. If you have an issue on what was said, perhaps it would  be better to take it to IMs, yeah? 

It was the community's decision at the time to expand upon what "Ura" was, which I do agree it should of been called something different at that time instead of retaining the Ura name. Also there was nothing wrong with how I managed the project, I was the one who organized the team tasks, worked with each of the members on their assignments, giving help anytime they needed it as well as being understanding when their RL situations came up. The Palace of Ice, Palace of Darkness, Palace of Wind, The Temple of Light in my old videos was all my work, the new Castle town that everyone saw was a combination work of both Arcaith who was modeling it and me who made the textures and helped with its design/placement. I was not just sitting there idling while others worked. My only problem as the project's leader was making the mistake of allowing Spire on the team which caused 90% of the conflicts and trusting Ura's programmer's decision whether certain content was added or not. All she told me was yes instead of telling me where our limits were and being honest. The project itself had become too big and complicated then I even wanted it to be, which again was Spire's fault. Any time we tried to set anything in stone, Spire was over-complicating it or challenging it the next day which stunted the progress of the project. I do apologize for going on a rant but after dealing with hatred focused on me when infact I was NOT the cause of the project's downfall has always rubbed me the wrong way.

My apologies, the last time I had any information at all about the project was when people were saying basically everything that you just said wasn't true. I didn't even realize who you were until now, actually. I shouldn't have said anything before I had my facts straight. I'm terribly sorry.

https://soundcloud.com/riguel-husky/the-final-battle

It was set to private by accident apparently. Here you go!

With music like this, why were you going to waste it on a mod? This is high-quality video game music for something bigger!

It kills me as a game designer to see original music to be wasted without using it in a proper original game...

It literally makes me cry.

I find that, if you're going to mod, don't put original content with high potential in it! My god good man!

This is music you use to make a new game a smash hit!

At first I couldn't bare to listen to the music from URA Project for fear of this... this digs deep.

@that song -...it sounds like an 80s movie, awesome but a little unfitting to a zelda game.

@ura coming back up - isnt it kind of picking at the scars of everyone involved? i mean the wounds have healed and all... but in that position i personally wouldnt do that.. id kinda start on something new. but thats just me please dont hurt me.

and using mellows project as proof spire was the kind to take control is sort of a straw man(dont care if i used it incorrectly), there was high ambition, but hardly any ideas. just a handful of awesome concepts and sketches. half of which being changes to the existing character. an antagonist that wore what looked like a hybrid between majoras mask and the keaton mask. the concept artists were the only people driving anything. the rest of the time wed ramble about fan theories to base the story around. by the time i bailed it was just a bunch of people posting spam and stupid stuff that had nothing to do with anything. spire definately had a lot of ideas. but half of them couldnt be put to use anywhere and he couldnt adjust his ideas to work within zelda 64's engine. he didnt strike me as the kind to hijack a project, however he struck me more like the kind of guy who should stick to designing dungeons and outfits.

the antiqua project was a project that DESPERATELY needed ideas. and his fit right into that universe we were all attempting to create.

but all we had was that there were like 3 interlopers, each of which had like his/her own dungeon, there was maenon, the keatonjora guy i mentioned earlier, mors and canistro, a guy whos soul got split in half by a mask majora gave him. i got the name by typing death basket into google translate a few times. and majora. and it was loosely inspired by that section of the majoras mask manga. i'm pretty sure the hero was like, the fierce deity prior to becoming a fierce deity. the overworld was termina prior to being colonized by hylians. and the shiekah might have played a role in it. we had this vague ass story arch and a few concepts and models by me, spire, porto881, i wanna say kusai? and zaneeba. and that was it. entirely. it. and it didnt even fit in the engine at the time. and im fairly sure it STILL doesnt.

i like mellow, i do, but he was just really not that good at running that project. and it wasnt for a lack of trying.. some good did come from it, i met my girlfriend who i currently actually live with now through that project. but the project didnt live to fruition, and spire had absolutely nothing to do with it. he never tried to "hijack" antiqua. whoever said that lied. or has some kind of large ego.

and sorry to talk about antiqua so much in the "footage of ura thread" i just felt like it needed to be said.

Edited by Agnostic Priest

With music like this, why were you going to waste it on a mod? This is high-quality video game music for something bigger!

It kills me as a game designer to see original music to be wasted without using it in a proper original game...

It literally makes me cry.

I find that, if you're going to mod, don't put original content with high potential in it! My god good man!

This is music you use to make a new game a smash hit!

At first I couldn't bare to listen to the music from URA Project for fear of this... this digs deep.

One day of course, I have been planning on that for a very long time but for now it is on the back burner until a few other things finish up. I am glad to hear you did like my music I've have done. :)

<Insert lots of text>

Ura isn't coming back, let me make that clear. Its a new project entirely, sure its using the unused resources from Ura but doesn't make it that Project. Ura is officially dead. Also there were a few other things going on in the background that you did miss that I did not while being in contact with the project's leader, Mellow. There was no chance of him doing what he did to that project having been warned ahead of time by Zaneeba and myself, no matter how far the project itself go. Its hard to accomplish an action like that when people have been warned and expect it. However as I said before, I want to move past this. I've said all I have on the matter and wish to let things go peacefully please. 

dude. i understand ura and antiqua were completely different projects. you seem not to until its convenient.

but you're sort of missing what i'm saying. there was figuratively nothing to hijack in antiqua. your warnings prevented practically nothing in that project. its not even a remotely apt comparison to ura. as far as i know ura was a way more fleshed out project. as a member of the antiqua project, i personally dont think you know what you're talking about by comparing it. hell i dont know what i'm talking about with ura, all anyone not involved has there is what members said happened, and opinions of ones self or friends are always the most biased. and only kusai backed you up back then. and thats why it'll be hard to drop every time its brought up.

i recommend you use content as little as possible from ura. itll only make it harder for people to drop. because that project belonged to everyone who worked on it, including you. i will not say anything further on the subject.