Vita doesn't have games? My ass.

Conker

Don't like the Vita? This isn't the topic for you to post about why/how you do not, obviously.

The Vita has a decent selection, if I do say so myself, and it's only getting better!

I just discovered this website called the Vita Lounge, and upon reading through it, I've learned so much about upcoming and current Vita stuff, that it just blew my mind.

Honestly, when there's a website dedicated to JUST THE VITA, nothing gets lost, it doesn't get ignored, and you learn about a lot of cool stuff. Check these guys out!

http://thevitalounge.com

And if you want to consider this an advertisement, go right ahead; I see no problem with advertising the place, and doing so is not even against the terms of service to begin with.

I recommend all Vita owners/future Vita owners to keep this website handy.

• Like 1

Nothing looks interesting about the Vita or its library.

Good for you! Make a topic for it, this isn't the place.

EDIT:

Let me clarify: this isn't a Vita hate topic, it's not a place to come and talk shit of the portable.

I made this topic to bring awareness to other Vita owners (granted if they already didn't know) that it is getting a very nice selection of games.

You don't like the Vita? Good for you, cool story, etc.

This is obviously not the topic to come in and talk shit about the portable(not talking shit about it in a pro-Vita topic? Who would have thought!?).

Please take your negativity to your own topic, if that's what you really want to do. It's not suited for this topic.

Or, you can look past whatever opinions you've formed of the Vita, and actually look into its library of games more than you did(I am convinced you did little to no research).

See, I know you're an artsy fellow, and you love yourself a good, fun ol' time, so a game like Gravity Rush is right up your alley. Or even Little Big Planet Vita. 

... Everything spire and mallos said WAS on topic.

No, really? Of course it's on the topic of the VITA, but this topic isn't to discuss about how much we do not like the Vita or how much you won't get one.

Is that really so hard to understand? Seriously, is it?

It's obvious I can't make such a simple topic and get positive discussion about the Vita like I was hoping for.

That's why I created this topic; to talk with others about the Vita's growing game library, the GOOD OF IT, not the BAD. I want some good Vita discussion with any other Vita owners(there are some here), that's all. But why the hell would I even get that on such a Nintendo-oriented website? HEAVENS, WHY?

I request for this topic to be locked.

Branden, you should not try to control what is said in a topic. If so, you're no different than Zeth. Let us express our opinions on a matter you've brought up. Maybe you can prove to others that the Vita is worth it, contrary to our opinions. Maybe we come to this thread expressing our disinterest in the Vita because we're kinda sorta challenging you to convince us of its worth? If you love it so much, try to do that instead of asking us not to talk with you. If you selectively choose your conversationists you're going to live a very narrow life.

No nazism.

Wow! I love being compared to Zeth and the Nazis!

You ever think I made this topic so I can have some nice, POSITIVE discussion with other Vita owners/Sony fans(like I KEEEEEEEEEP SAYING)?

That's all I wanted, and trying to keep it that way doesn't make me like Zeth or the Nazis.

Look, I am not in the mood to make a topic, and have it just be me trying to persuade a bunch of fucking people why they should by a portable. I wanted to have nice, mutual discussion with people. But nope! Sieg heil, bitches! Praise the third-fucking-reich, apparently!

• Like 2

Now I am going to step in here. In no way, shape or form is Branden acting like the Nazis, much less Zeth. I was staying back for a while to see if this would fix itself. I was wrong. Essentially, Branden was right in what he requested. Wanting to have a civilised discussion with other Sony fans isn't by any means, the wrong thing to do.

Now, as an eclectic gamer, I've noted that everyone seems to be one side or the other, especially so with the "Nintendo fanboys". Sony has received a lot of hate, and I will admit, I poke fun at it at times, but I can appreciate it. Even I am getting sick of all the people saying "Oh, the <insert Sony console> isn't worth it because <insert x reason>".

Personally, I don't yet want a Vita, because it's not something I feel I will utilise as often. However, that's my own personal opinion. Something I choose to keep to myself in topics where people are just trying to discuss the console with others who own/appreciate it.

In the end, I don't think challenging someone to prove something's worth is appropriate. If you don't have any interest in it, simply ignore the topic. It's not that difficult a thing to do. It's what I was planning to do myself, but now I find myself having to play Overlord once more.

tl;dr: If you don't have any interest in something, clam up. You are not obligated to give your two cents worth.

• Like 3

I was going to post something long and staff-worthy, but ShadowFire beat me to the punch.

Branden wasn't trying to "Zeth" the topic, Spire, he just wanted to keep it on topic, which is hardly wrong. Comparing him to Zeth AND the Nazi's was rude and uncalled for. Anyway, my opinions about the Vita. I loved my psp, but I never really used it. I plan on getting a Vita for my fiance for either his birthday or Christmas, so this list of games will come in handy C:

I'm actually interested in getting a Vita, but I wouldn't want to get one yet unless at least two of the following happen:

a: Price drop

b: Final Fantasy X HD actually comes out

c: non-PSP-based CFW and homebrew arrive on the Vita (maybe we'll finally get decent portable SNES and N64 emulation)

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think I cannot express a dissenting opinion around here (namely in Branden's threads) because there's some bizarre rule regarding how threads are treated wherein you must oblige the OP's interests. I continue getting called out by staff for how I respond to him. I do not disrespect people on this site and with most of my time spent here, support the creative endeavors of others (including Branden's Project Venus). I came into this thread to see what was up and I immediately saw that Branden negatively—using sarcasm—responded to Mallos' post. I've learned that if ever Branden finds he has offended you, he'll fall back on his sarcasm crux, insisting that everything he says should not be taken seriously. Because of this, I know not how to read him anymore because I'm certain he's being very serious in posting within this thread (and in Project Venus, and elsewhere...). Or ya know, maybe he's not. Maybe everything he says is a joke and I'm the fool.

I realized his response to Mallos was yet another diatribe in defense of something he loves, for no justified reason; potentially alienating Mallos and thus creating discomfort on the forum, simply for stating his thoughts on the handheld (and considering his note on Kingdom Hearts, an interest in the Vita, rather than against it). If anything, Mallos was expressing that he might enjoy the Vita in the future, to which Branden responded in a kind of, "get out of my thread," manner. The ramifications of this response might persuade Mallos to venture away from Branden elsewhere on the forum. As owner of the site, I know Shadow Fire does not want schoolyard bullying excised in any way, anywhere. That's essentially what this is.

Branden, it's just beginning to seem like you can't handle others disagreeing with you. Whether or not your reactions are sarcastic has grown uncertain because you so often grow feverish, often instantly. I believe Branden is a really creative dude and a driven graphic artist with bountiful passions, obsessively so. I've seen some clever ideas flow from this guy's imagination so he could be considered a good asset to have on a team. For those of us very passionate about things, we can easily be irked by any form of opposition, even that which does not actually interfere with our celebrations. It sometimes feels like an intrusion on personal interest. The truth is, no one can take your joy away if you're cool with yourself.

So my question is: if someone were to come into my map thread (for instance) and talk about something off-topic or even oppositional, if I do not respond—would it still be wrong under the site's rules, and would moderators come into my thread to stop them? Or does that only happen when the OP is upset?

I guess what's emerging is my concern with how this site works. There's this and that for "respect" in the rules, but I feel I do respect the people of this site. I did not come into this thread to derail anything. I read the title, "Vita doesn't have games? My Ass," and came here to talk about Branden's ass express in a single sentence how I disagreed with the title. I know it's intended to be a thread about enjoying Vita games, but I've never even played one... So because that's the primary focus of the thread (and not the Vita as a whole, which ahem, why can't it be?) does that mean I can't express my opinion on the handheld? Furthermore because I've never played a Vita, does that mean I'm not allowed to post in this thread? I did not ignore it like advised because I was still curious about the thread and wanted to join discussion, starting briefly with my blunt stance on a handheld device. I wasn't here to hate on the Vita, simply to share honestly what I felt about it—which is very little. I hoped that with discussion, someone could stir interest in the Vita with me. If I was truly uninterested, I would not have clicked the thread.

This level of exclusivity is beyond me. Why would I create a Vita hate thread when there's already a Vita discussion thread? Why should there be multiple threads to talk about arbitrarily similar subjects about the exact same thing? That takes up space and is silly. Branden complains about people not responding to his content. I felt I was doing him a favor.

Don't read if you're here about the Vita. This is directed towards Branden, Shadow Fire, and Kusai primarily. I mean no harm and am simply trying to understand something that is confusing me.

Thank you.

I was just hoping for some positive discussion about the Vita. Not having to persuade people why they should get one, not having it clogged with a flow of people dissing it when it's already hard enough to spark up decent Sony conversation on this website... is that so bad?

I've been stressed the fuck out lately, and was just hoping to have some mutual, positive, stress-free discussion to hopefully cheer me up, but even then the negativity continues in some way or another. I don't get it, I'm compared to the Nazis, Zeth, and I'm overall told I can't handle it when people have opinions, for what?

You know, I still don't see the big deal with what I sought with this topic, but apparently almost everybody posting in here now does, so whatever. You guys feel free to make the topic whatever you want, I don't give a fuck. Just remember that when a guy is stressed(like you honestly wouldn't believe), he may like to have some fun, positive discussion about something he likes.

Not doing what is even more stressful and convincing people why they should like what he likes, not people flooding in saying why what he likes sucks, etc.

I'm done with this place, at least for a while. I cannot make a topic like this without ever coming off as a massive fucking idiot in the end, so why even bother?

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

Not doing what is even more stressful and convincing people why they should like what he likes, not people flooding in saying why what he likes sucks, etc.

I'm done with this place, at least for a while. I cannot make a topic like this without ever coming off as a massive fucking idiot in the end, so why even bother?

No one is insulting you or your interests. There is nothing wrong with liking the PS Vita and absolutely nothing in this thread suggests anyone believes that. You are overreacting.

And if what you write makes you feel like an idiot, maybe you should take some time to reflect on that.

As far as the topic goes and what you wanted out of it, well, you can't always expect to be pleased and praised with the internet. Maybe you're just not in the right place for Vita discussion, or maybe other Vita owners have yet to check the thread. As it shows, people don't dislike the Vita, nor do they dislike you for liking it—most just aren't terribly interested in it. Truth be told, the Vita has had relatively poor marketing. I rarely hear anything about it, so I guess I kinda wrote it off as somewhat of a failure, whereas I hear plenty of news regarding the 3DS, Wii, Wii U, 360, PS3, PS4, PC, and Xbox One. Hell, I only choose to pay attention to Nintendo products, but I still have a well-rounded game radar for the other consoles... but not the Vita. I nearly forgot it existed. I hope you don't take that personally because you enjoy the Vita, and I hope you realize that no one is criticizing you for your interests.

Furthermore, I did not equate Branden to Zeth or Nazis. I simply used those two extremes to describe the radical nature of conversation control in a public forum, suggesting that if he continued his reluctance to opposition, he might end up expressing similarities to these very undesirable archetypes. You start a thread, you let it unravel. Isn't that why they're called 'threads' in the first place?

Though I will digress. Branden, while it is apparent your avatar choice was made based on the absurdity of the image (proof of your sarcastic nature), your bickering has transformed my perception of you into an accurate portrayal of that guy; as if you're deliberately pushing buttons so you can BE him. I noticed more collectedness when you sported the Ruto avatar. Now, I don't want to get into the psychology of masks, but I believe avatar choice is indicative of how one views their inner self, and furthermore, what part of that they want to display in public.

Posted Image

Peace.

I was just hoping for some positive discussion about X. Is that so bad?I've been stressed the fuck out lately, and was just hoping to have some mutual, positive, stress-free discussion to hopefully cheer me up, but even then the negativity continues in some way or another. I don't get it, I'm compared to the Nazis, Zeth, and I'm overall told I can't handle it when people have opinions, for what?

And I would like to be able to enter a discussion without my comments being removed without explanation just because I happen to dislike a game the op likes.That's the problem with wanting only positive discussion about a topic (even more-so when you expect us to do so without mentioning it). It comes off as being rather selfish and controlling because the fact is of course that we are individuals and have our own tastes in everything (including what we believe is a positive and negative aspect of life), and is only exacerbated by the rule that allows the op to dictate what is or isn't fair game, when the moderators should be the ones to do that.
  • Like 1

Geeezussss fucking christ. You act like he is Hitler for wanting a positive discussion. Actually, both sides took it out of control. And you all wonder why there is this magnitude of drama on this forum. Who the fuck cares? Were you personally offended that he didn't want you to post your comment that wouldn't have contributed to the fucking discussion in the first place? Sorry for my slightly aggressive nature. But fuck man. Is it really necessary to take things this far? 

• Like 1