Spire's Zelda Maps [Update: Rainwind Jungle]

Spire

spire, i love your style. i think i know your origins, youre probably familiar with hammer, or worldcraft? ;)

I'm familiar with them, but not inspired by. My fictional origins are (and I will only list several):

• The Legend of Zelda
  • Batman
  • Star Wars
  • Classic horror films (Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, etc.)
  • Blade Runner
  • Spyro the Dragon (original three)
  • The Neverhood/Skullmonkeys
  • Bomberman 64/Hero
  • And an array of older games, namely from the PSX/N64 era (my golden age of gaming).
  • Like 1

OH, WORLD-craft. I read that as, "warcraft and [war]hammer". I am not familiar with Worldcraft or Hammer. Maybe I'll check 'em out someday!

I'd say most of my video game world-building experience comes from Morrowind and Oblivion modding ca. 2004-2007, though I've toyed with many games' mapmaking capabilities; Farcry 2, Warcraft III, Starcraft II, and others I can't recall right now. In order to get that nice airbrush texture effect with OoT, you've gotta make multiple 'blending' textures, those that take components of adjacent textures, like where grass meets sand, or where snow begins to climb up rock. It's extra work, but you can get some really polished results with patience.

The day Nintendo gives us a Zelda game with a world/dungeon building mode, they will win forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.