Spire's Zelda Maps [Update: Rainwind Jungle]

Spire

I would like to share with you folks my 3D cartography. I love building worlds. Since 1998, I've wanted to expand upon Ocarina of Time's Hyrule. Now that I've finally learned my way around Sketchup, I've been working on maps. I will update this thread often, though I cannot promise any degree of frequency. I hope you enjoy my work!

May 22, 2013

—Sheikah Shrine

Update 2:

The Sheikah Shrine is carved in the façade of the highest mountain in the Snowpeak region. I will re-imagine the icy region from Twilight Princess as I see fit for insertion into Ocarina of Time's world. This is an ancient Sheikah temple built high above Hyrule, its watchful eye gazes upon the land below. What awaits within the Sheikah Shrine? Contrary to its climate, this will not be an "Ice Temple". I have plans for the interior that I'm eager to begin work on so I will keep you folks posted!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Original Post:

Posted Image

Update 1:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 24

Thanks for the support folks! I'm really glad that you enjoy my work. I will be posting all of my work here from now on, so stay tuned!

Wow that is grand! You really have a gifted talent when it comes to sketchup! Does something this enormous load in game? And if you would like, would you like to work on a dungeon for Zelda's Birthday 2? This prodigious talent should be put on display.

Maybe. I would like to focus on my own work for the time being, however I am completely open to discussing your project and its potential. PM me for contact info.

That looks pretty lo-poly for something so grand looking. It should load up with no problem. I mean... death mountain  :P

It's currently at 1601 triangles.

Hahaha, +1 to Zaneeba!

I will admit, while I'm not a big Lord of the Rings fan, I definitely took inspiration from it. As well as Star Wars actually.... and I guess The Elder Scrolls? I was more actively engaging the older Zelda dungeon entrances, i.e. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, and to a derivative extent just about every 2D/2.5D Zelda game, including Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Ya know, those temple entrances that are wide and inset.

Yeah that does bring to mind the first dungeon in the dark world of A Link to the Past, and whichever dungeon.. 2, or 3? the one with the long steps in Zelda 1. At least now that you've mentioned that it does. After I'm done with my project I hope to learn how to use sketchup and everything.

Awesome stuff man

Here is my newest effort. Once in-game, expect an endless thunderstorm to plague the forest. Trying out more naturalistic formations rather than the architectural (though you can expect to see some temple ruins later). I guess, to a small degree, this is a spiritual successor to the flooded Faron Woods from Skyward Sword? An afterthought if anything. I'm heavily inspired by the Flooded Forest from Monster Hunter 3. I more or less want to remake that as filtered through my imagination. While it is incredibly young and far from what I want, I'm really happy with how the tropical forest texture turned out. It's the only texture not made from editing pre-existing OoT files, and yet it seems to fit right in. I'll definitely use it more often.

May 28, 2013

—Rainwind Jungle / Floodwoods (?)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 8

Aye, it's definitely supposed to be more swamp-like. I wrote that flooded Faron Woods tidbit because I'm considering this to be in Hyrule somewhere... just got to thinking about spiritual succeeding elements in the series, character and location alike. I actually think of Koholint Island more than anything.

I've always liked swamps, but Termina's Southern Swamp is horrid. It's one of the most nauseating areas in a Zelda game, due primarily to the giant airbrushed colors. I'm going to really rock Rainwind Jungle, but right now — I need to finally get to sleep. Yep, officially hallucinating.

Thanks folks! Your words mean a lot. The support I've received inspires me to continue working more than I could motivate myself. I'm thrilled that people enjoy my work.

Stay tuned for much more!

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.