Legend of Zelda: Shattered Fate [WIP]

giadrosich

Updated 5/21/3013

logo_zps6d3ab5dc.png

(logo by ManInYellowHat, thanks!)

Shattered Fate is set in the same universe as Voyager of Time, and is, in fact, a "midquel" to the game. This will be set in the seven years that Link is asleep in the Sacred Realm, about two years after he first pulled the Master Sword from the pedestal.

However, in this mod, players will not play as The Hero of Time.

This story is about the self-proclaimed Hero, a nameless man who answers the call that Hyrule has made to get out from under Ganondorf's rule. While Link is trapped in the Sacred Realm, The Hero goes around Hyrule, helping those in need. But the way he goes about it might not be so much help after all.

Shattered Fate will be a four dungeon, adult only mod of OOT, with a few surprises along the way. As before, more will be revealed with udpates. Story will remain pretty hush until nearing release, just like with Voyager. Unlike VoT, I do not have a time of release for this, as I will be dealing with much more complicated things, and I need to learn new things just as before.

Things I hope to learn for this mod: Cutscene manipulation, adding custom maps well into the previously existing world, and a few other misc things.

Major things learned so far in this mod: Inserting custom maps, changing exits and landscape editing with ZLE2

What to Expect (subject to change):

•     Custom Dungeons (four)
  •     New main character/storyline
  •     No Ocarina/Epona Usage (detailed below)
  •     There will be what looks like fairy. No explanation right now on that, you don't want spoilers, right?
  •     New character model (thanks Nick!)

The Ocarina will not be making an appearance in Fate, obviously, due to the main character not being Link. Since The Hero is not Link, he also does not get the pleasure of riding Epona. However, he does get Brownie, the horse that you cannot ride usually. This is actually an idea that I had wanted to implement in Voyager, but have brought it over to this game, as it fits perfectly.

There will be custom dungons, but they will be what I call "naturalized" dungeons. Things like Ice Cavern and Dodongo's Cavern, but on a much larger scale to full dungeon size. There's a reason I'm going in this direction, but I don't want to reveal too many things.

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to it. I bet you've learned a few new things since VOT that could be put in use in this next project as well. If you give thought to adding new music in the game hit me up and I'll explain how to use the InstEd. I've been busy learning how to do everything while working on my project, or I would have posted a tutorial on it by now.

• Like 1

Oh...the "hero" will have a fairy, be able to ride a small horse, and does things oddly?

Might this hero be

Mido?

Considering Mido is still a child in Link's Adult years, I'm guessing no.

I had wrestled with this very concept before: a self-proclaimed failure hero who tackles dungeons Adult Link did not have to. I'm totally interested.

Now this is just mere speculation, but would any of the new temples be any of the fabled "Missing" temples from Hyrule? (i.e Wind, Ice?) Also, considering that this is the same universe at VoT, will this new "Hero" have any thing to do with some of the problems around the country? Sorry, these seem like questions, more than speculation, but when I read this, it made me think a bit. Anyways I love the idea you have, and this mod seems extremely promising. I'll definitely keep an eye on this, and I look forward to it's much wanted release.

Okay guys, I'd like to suggest we get the URA talk train to come to a screeching halt. It's dead, no need to bring it up, especially when the topic doesn't call for it. Carry on with Shattered Fate speak. Myes.

Edit: Removing Blinx and Phorestu's posts per request of topic starter. Also, try to keep the off topic clutter away from the topic pl0x? :>

It's funny, I was recently thinking about how cool a game based around what happens during Link's imprisonment would be a really cool game. I'm dying for a game where you play as Zelda but maybe that's another project for another day...

Looking forward to this!

Sakura let me know how to link cutscenes together (well, not in detail yet, but I'll get there, she did all the work on this), and the mod now starts out with completely different cutscenes than normal. It links two cutscenes together that will give a nice dynamic opening.

I'm dying for a game where you play as Zelda but maybe that's another project for another day...

I've heard great things from the Cd-i game Zelda's adventure. ;)

Dude the CD-I games are not what you might have heard. The soundtrack for them is great though. Trying not to stay off topic.

Since this is some time after VOT are you planning on making a lot of changes to the overworld? Or are you planning to insert any custom maps for the overworld or dungeons? Asking because I seen your tutorial video on Sharp Ocarina, so I figure you have the know how for it.

I'm dying for a game where you play as Zelda but maybe that's another project for another day...

Dude the CD-I games are not what you might have heard. The soundtrack for them is great though. Trying not to stay off topic.

Since this is some time after VOT are you planning on making a lot of changes to the overworld? Or are you planning to insert any custom maps for the overworld or dungeons? Asking because I seen your tutorial video on Sharp Ocarina, so I figure you have the know how for it.

Well, first post goes over what to expect with the mod, but this is set during Link's limbo in the Sacred Realm in VoT.

I'll try and match changes I've done to VoT with the environments and such, but with it being two years after the MS was pulled, there's going to be some differences. I'm trying to see how to change landscape with UoT or ZLE2, but having no such luck.

There will be custom dungons, but they will be what I call "naturalized" dungeons. Things like Ice Cavern and Dodongo's Cavern, but on a much larger scale to full dungeon size. There's a reason I'm going in this direction, but I don't want to reveal too many things.

Well, first post goes over what to expect with the mod, but this is set during Link's limbo in the Sacred Realm in VoT.

I'll try and match changes I've done to VoT with the environments and such, but with it being two years after the MS was pulled, there's going to be some differences. I'm trying to see how to change landscape with UoT or ZLE2, but having no such luck.

Sorry I didn't know if custom dungeons meant old ones with new puzzles and ect.. or if it meant totally new ones. I seen a video on how to do some of that stuff with the UoT, I will try to find it and PM it to you if I can. I kinda forgot what I searched up in youtube to find it.

• Like 1

Concept sketch of "The Hero" done by Adrian.

thehero_zpsc98e969e.jpg

This is the main character of Shattered Fates. He doesn't have a name, and probably never will, so he is merely called The Hero.

After two years have passed and there's been no sign of The Hero of Time, and Ganondorf has started to make his imprint on the land, he steps forward and claims the 'Hero of Time' title, believing it to be his calling.

Concept sketch of "The Hero" done by Adrian.

Posted Image

This is the main character of Shattered Fates. He doesn't have a name, and probably never will, so he is merely called The Hero.

After two years have passed and there's been no sign of The Hero of Time, and Ganondorf has started to make his imprint on the land, he steps forward and claims the 'Hero of Time' title, believing it to be his calling.

Looks like a hero people could probably relate to more since he seems more like he would be an average person in the world of Zelda, and some of the best story's are about average people who end up as unexpected hero's. Even a few Links from other zelda titles were that way, some were blacksmiths, and farmboys. Others were lazy children.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.