Wind Waker beta restoration?

JayFromNeptune

Question

Hi so since I wanna make my way into the Zelda hacking scene I have a question. I noticed there are some cool beta content in WW and was wondering if there are ways to restore it. If so the tools that MM/OoT have for hacking and modding are there ones for WW?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I think there's a wind waker hacking thread that has a lot of interesting things in it. I've only skimmed through it, but I think there was some beta collision from a map they found and textured themselves. Not sure what tools, if any, they use though.

It is definitely possible to restore beta content from Wind Waker.

Most beta content would have to be recreated rather than restored, some is still within the game but a lot has been removed.

And several beta maps have already been restored, but if you're going for creating the supposedly removed dungeons (Ice-Ring Isle, Fire Mountain, dungeon for Nayru's Pearl speculated to be on Greatfish Island) then that would be something original. (But it would be somewhat difficult for a beginning modder.)

Altogether though, a Wind Waker beta restoration mod sounds interesting!

It is definitely possible to restore beta content from Wind Waker.

Most beta content would have to be recreated rather than restored, some is still within the game but a lot has been removed.

And several beta maps have already been restored, but if you're going for creating the supposedly removed dungeons (Ice-Ring Isle, Fire Mountain, dungeon for Nayru's Pearl speculated to be on Greatfish Island) then that would be something original. (But it would be somewhat difficult for a beginning modder.)

Altogether though, a Wind Waker beta restoration mod sounds interesting!

I'm going to probably start small and work my way up. I wanna be able to make some of the concept art islands like the GameCube one (already have an idea for it)

I wanna be able to make some of the concept art islands like the GameCube one

That island looked pretty interesting, as well as Stovepipe Island (the supposed alternative to Dragon Roost). Seeing them both restored would be pretty cool. Good luck with everything!

It doesn't matter if you're a beginner at modding as long as you're passionate enough you will get through all of the headaches and frustration to see your idea become a reality. I had no experience other than replacing music when I had first said I was going to start my project, and I've learned some pretty complex stuff in a short amount of time along with being able to do more than I set out too in the first place.

Go for it man, you may want to give up at some points but heck you've already started a thread. Hopefully the support from everyone here could help you get through it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.