Issues/Feedback for VoT

giadrosich

This is a thread to help with any issues that people might have with Voyager of Time. This is NOT a walkthrough thread, only a hint and feedback thread for the game.

If you are stuck in the game, or having problems figuring out where to go next, I'm going to first of all say "Talk to an NPC." Nine times out of ten, that's going to be the answer. The game contains all the hints you need--you just need to find them. That's half the fun, eh?

If you are really, really just stuck, then that's when you post in here.

Give me feedback on the game! I want to know what is good, what is bad, or what is downright awful! Who knows, I might make another mod in the future using the feedback you give me about this one.

Official GCN download (patched rom CRC fix): http://www.the-gcn.com/files/file/61-voyager-of-time/

Known Game/ROM Issues (from readme)

1) Please, dear god, don't forget to get Din's Fire before Zelda Escape. There is a puzzle that should require it, but please get it just in case you find a way past that puzzle. You will not be able to continue normally later on in the game if you don't get it!

2) Serenade of Water is never learned in this hack. Sorry, I know it's annoying, but use Epona, that's what she's there for.

3) You will not be getting Silver Scale in the game. You can play the Diving game all you want though.

4) Some grottos don't really work properly--there are a lot that actually lead you to the Razor Sword hole, so there will be an open chest in it. This is remnants of an idea I had to use grotttos as a warping system. Never came about, and never got around to fixing it. Sorry.

5) You might run across random graphical glitches like heavy fog or see-through graphics in an area, or completely black graphics. Do your best to get through it, it'll clear up eventually, or if you know Nocturne, a quick-fix is to warp to a place like the graveyard and the graphical problems should fix up. This shows up on Nemu64, but one of my testers did use Mupen, so try that out, but you might still have the random graphical problems.

6) Sounds sometimes (very, very rarely) drop from when you play the ocarina, just restart the emulator and it'll come back up.

7) The old pot room in Hyrule Castle Market seems to crash for some people. Just save before entering.

I really wish i could play this piece of awesomeness, but i just can't get it to work. Repatched the clean, untouched ROM three times. Tried both with Nemu and PJ 1.6. Got the right settings on both emulators. Using Rice 6.1.1,  Running everything in administrator mode.

Nemu encounters a problem and closes before i even get to see the intro cutscene. PJ 1.6 just gives me that crap about a "permanent loop that cannot be exited" and tells me to check my ROM and ROM settings, which i must have done a hundred times by now. Do you have any idea on what causes it to be so stubborn on my machine when it seems to work for everyone else?

Heh... it seems that when you got the msg_bank file back from me, you decided to modify the text, but didn't tag my name right. It should read:

and <c=cyan>Shadow Fire<c=white> for[...]

Instead, it's in the file as <c=cyan>Shadow Firec=white> for[...]

A simple fix for that. I encountered a freeze when I tried to access the start menu to equip my shield, but it may be an emulator issue.

Oh, and just a nitpick...

Gamer's Collective Network. You left out the 's :P

I think you should take down the patched ROM on Mediafire, fix the CRC yourself, and then reupload it.  I understand your internet issue and that sucks but I feel like as the developer of the hack it's your responsibility to have an issue-less patched ROM if you decide to provide one.  The CRC fix is really important as it works on PJ64 for me now and probably most everything else!

Other than that, I'm so excited to be able to sit down and play through it!

I think you should take down the patched ROM on Mediafire, fix the CRC yourself, and then reupload it.  I understand your internet issue and that sucks but I feel like as the developer of the hack it's your responsibility to have an issue-less patched ROM if you decide to provide one.  The CRC fix is really important as it works on PJ64 for me now and probably most everything else!

You rang?

• Like 1

Thanks, shadow, I'll update the link for it--

I understand, yeah, I just didn't realize that this was a problem until release, or else I would have fixed it.

Thanks, shadow, I'll update the link for it--

I understand, yeah, I just didn't realize that this was a problem until release, or else I would have fixed it.

No need to worry. The version I uploaded (although with some text bugs) has the CRC fix.

• Like 1

Well, I fix one problem and a new one arises. I cannot leave Link's house. I am greeted with a gray screen and no progression no matter what I do. Hopefully this one is a quick fix.

Well...that's a new one.

Check settings? I don't know what you'll check, but check them?

I don't know what to say to that one. O.O

Well, I fix one problem and a new one arises. I cannot leave Link's house. I am greeted with a gray screen and no progression no matter what I do. Hopefully this one is a quick fix.

Problem fixed. Nevermind again.

double post to ask what you did

Well, I had used so many ROMs through all the trial and error I did, so I forgot to reset the newest ROM's settings back to the proper ones instead of default for each.

Also, I need to do a double check if I have a clean ROM or not. Is the warp to Goron City behind the Stalfos in the Lost Woods supposed to warp you to the first temple of Zelda's Birthday? (Or an area that looks similar)

Edited by Setzer Gabbiani
  • Like 1

Anyone else have any idea on that? If that is supposed to be there in the Lost Woods?

I also started in Link's house, but when I left, was in the starting point in Kakariko for Zelda's Birthday. Something tells me I didn't have a clean rom...

Edited by Setzer Gabbiani

Can anyone tell me how to use gzrt to fix the crc check sum like heavy1390 said on the Voyager thread? I'd really like to play this on the N64 hardware.

You can either get rn64crc.exe and follow the examples in my post: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2030-legend-of-zelda-voyager-of-time-complete/?p=35598

...Or you can download the CRC fixed ROM from here: http://www.the-gcn.com/files/file/61-voyager-of-time/

While configuring the C buttons with the N-Rage controller plugin I accidentally switched the language to German...I've used the debug rom before but couldn't remember how to switch it back.

Also, to get rid of that delay when you press start, use this GS code:

8022414B 0002

Someone on these forums posted that a while ago...I don't remember who it was but I have a feeling it was DeathBasket for some reason.

I encountered a freeze when I tried to access the start menu to equip my shield, but it may be an emulator issue.

That isn't an emulator issue. The Debug ROM will sometimes crash when you try and pause the game and go to the menu

EDIT: For more details, the crash/freeze happened at least once every hour or so while my brother and I were playing OOT Four Swords

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.