Zelda OoT Mod Preview (No Title - W.I.P)

JeDDyD

Sorry for the bad quality video (fraps and the video editing software is all still new to me)...

So I started modding (got interested after viewing footage of various mods online) last week, currently using UoT (for actor/group and landscape editing) and Deathbaskets OoT Text Tool. Took a lot of trial and error to get to learn the programs (and I'm slowly coming to grips with the plethora of information regarding modding) but I'm starting to feel a little bit more comfortable with everything and have started my own little mod.

Just a small preview of what's been done so far.

Few of the changes include:

- Various changes to the landscape

- Kokiri Sword has been moved to a new location

- Beansprout Skulltulla has been moved (now on top of Mido's house)

- Deku Shield can now be found via exploration (didn't include its location in the video, can still be purchased from Kokiri Shop as well)

- Deku Sticks and Torches (one unlit, one lit) added to the map to solve the new puzzles

- Character dialogue has been changed

- Other little bits and peices...

Finishing up the last little bits of Kokiri Forest and then I'm making my way on to the Great Deku Tree. Might make another video to showcase some more stuff later on.

Thanks for watching.

• Like 3

This looks really awesome.

I'm also always trying to get tutorials from people who know some basic stuff, I'd be thrilled if you could put together a tutorial on using Utility of Time for landscape edits--that program doesn't work on my computer so I can't do anything like that unfortunately. If you put a nice one together, I could add it to our video tutorial thread for newbies.

Do you have an idea for a story yet or how long the mod will be?

As a warning, UoT can be a bit finicky, be sure to back up your rom a lot when you make changes, I've heard stories of it actually corrupting the rom.

Everything looks interesting though, I like the changes you've shown off here. I look forward to seeing more.

This looks really awesome.

I'm also always trying to get tutorials from people who know some basic stuff, I'd be thrilled if you could put together a tutorial on using Utility of Time for landscape edits--that program doesn't work on my computer so I can't do anything like that unfortunately. If you put a nice one together, I could add it to our video tutorial thread for newbies.

Do you have an idea for a story yet or how long the mod will be?

As a warning, UoT can be a bit finicky, be sure to back up your rom a lot when you make changes, I've heard stories of it actually corrupting the rom.

Everything looks interesting though, I like the changes you've shown off here. I look forward to seeing more.

I've seen your work on Voyager of Time and I gotta say it's looking very awesome, (Zelda's Birthday, URA Project & Voyager of Time were a big part of what inspired me to get into modding) and thanks for the kind words.

I'll try to slap together a tutorial for UoT, but I might go the text and image example route.

No real idea on a story yet, I'm just changing stuff as it comes to me. Same thing for the mod duration, no real clue as of yet...

Seems pretty cool, nice job. :D

Thanks.

Liked and subscribed! I look forward to seeing more of your work, again, like giadrosich, its very simple yet effective. Looking forward to see where this goes :)

Thank you.

Dude, fantastic job. I'm happy that you didn't spoil all of your changes, because I definitely want to give this a go somewhere down the line. Do you plan on reworking every map in Hyrule? I'd love to see your take on Hyrule Field.

I plan on reworking at least a few of the more visited places (don't think I'll mess with the Temples/some dungeons...). I've actually been doing a bit of messing around with Hyrule Field, we'll see what happens. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My take on Hyrule Field (Child Link Version). Includes minor landscape changes and a fair few other changes (Dodongo/Deku Baba added to map, enemy locations changed, waterfall added, etc.)

Still a W.I.P at the moment and some stuff is likely to change. Sorry the video isn't all that interesting, just wanted to showcase some progress.
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great job on the map. The only thing that needs a little tweaking is the Deku Tree's leaf textures; they look low-quality compared to everything else.

or everything else needs to be a bit less quality haha. That would be my personal preference, but you should stick to yours!

• Like 1

That looks pretty good, is that the entirety or do you plan to expand the field a bit more?

I'm still playing with the field (well the entire map, really), so nothing's been finalized yet. I want to add bits and pieces (maybe a tent, a cave, etc.) to make the map more interesting.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.