Zelda OoT Mod Preview (No Title - W.I.P)

JeDDyD

I noticed for the desert map, there are some lighting seams between the polygons that make up the mountain and the sand hills which make it look a bit odd. You can correct this by adjusting the normals in whatever 3D modeling program you use; if it's SketchUp, just select the polygons you want to make look smoother, right click them, and select 'smooth faces,' then just increase the slider for the crease angle until they all look more natural. Just something I thought would make an awesome map look even better; keep up the excellent work.

Ooooh that's really good ! The buried pyramid, the guard, the cage, the tunnel that we don't see in the first place, the awry pillars for the hookshot... That makes me want to explore and to know more and more about the place. Very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Current W.I.P: Hyrule Market Town

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More Screenshots:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Still need to place the majority of actors, and none of the 'exits' have been set up (in fact the doors are textures rather then actors, due to the map getting major framerate drops and other little problems I encountered - soft locks, etc... ) but for the most part it's done and I'm rather proud of the result :-)

I'll post up a video of the map as well when I get around to it.

• Like 12

That is amazing! I have always talked about how we should get rid of those ugly pre-rendered maps and replace them with something more authentic and it looks like you have the right idea in this matter! The ToT looks a little less grand than it should, but everything else looks pretty great!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone, really appreciate it and it helps motivate me. :-)

Here's a quickly thrown together preview of the Market Town map:

will you make other 2d maps ( or what ever thous are called ) to 3D  :D like the castle solider thing ... and shops (maybe thous aren't high priority  :D)

I kinda just put this together as a test, I have no plans to recreate any other 2D in-game maps at the moment.

• Like 5

Looks nice. However, the Temple of Time is pretty short. Also, cut down a bit of space on the map by having a collision map without the roofs of houses and other things you can't reach the top of. That might help with the actor problem.

• Like 1

You can probably cut down the number of collision polygons massively, it's a simple enough job. To give something of an example, the market map that I did has the following:

Graphical Mesh

Vertices: 1,911

Faces: 1,935

Collision Mesh

Vertices: 787

Faces: 899

Both counts (verts and faces) are reduced by at least 1,000.

• Like 1

Looks nice. However, the Temple of Time is pretty short. Also, cut down a bit of space on the map by having a collision map without the roofs of houses and other things you can't reach the top of. That might help with the actor problem.

You can probably cut down the number of collision polygons massively, it's a simple enough job. To give something of an example, the market map that I did has the following:

Graphical Mesh

Vertices: 1,911

Faces: 1,935

Collision Mesh

Vertices: 787

Faces: 899

Both counts (verts and faces) are reduced by at least 1,000.

Thanks to the both of you. I did as you suggested and made a seperate collision map (with all the roofs and other places out of reach removed from it) now the map loads up alot better (it took care of the majority of framerate drops in the map and now I can load up more actors!).

:-)

The Wolfos are a great addition. I'm really curious to see if you'll retexture/remodel the town to be ruined. I could lend a hand if you'd like.

No plans to do so at the moment but possibly in the future, thanks for the offer I'll definitely get back to you if I end up giving the Ruined Market a try  (I think it would be interesting to collab on a map).

• Like 3

Just a couple of suggestions. First, I think the outside and drawbridge should be removed and you enter the market with a transition like usual. It would just look a bit better. And the reflecting pools next to the ToT are missing. I'm sure you know all of this, but still. LOL That market is pretty dang awesome! Making an entire map based on a texture is pretty great!

• 3 weeks later...

Mini Dungeon (Transition Test Map)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I plan to release a patch and video preview tomorrow. It's really more of a test (first time I've created a multi-room map/used transition actors) then anything so don't expect the puzzles to pose much difficulty.

• Like 9

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.