80s Movies

Zeth Ryder

One of the best movies of the 80's. and sadly no one I know even knows about it!I feel old.

You need to stop hanging out with those 12 year olds.

Do you think that those 80's fantasy movies influenced how we veiw the "fantasy genres?"  there were the medieval fantasy movies like princess bride and ladyhawk.  but the ones like never ending story just felt better to me.  I have a hard time to this day saying that zelda games are medieval.  They never felt that way to me.

My favorite TV show of all time is MacGyver. (85-92) There's just something about it I really enjoy. Until you get to the really PSA episodes of the later seasons. Bleh.

As for movies, I grew up on Disney (parents were pretty strict in that regard to what I watched--probably why I don't have cable to this day). But when I got out on my own, I really enjoyed watching TV shows more than movies, because they were great background noise to whatever I was doing in the house (cleaning, writing, hobbies, ect) and they were great "family" fun even though I was by myself at that time.

I think my favorite time period of tv shows have to gear towards Star Trek, I Love Lucy, and Andy Griffith Show.

I do love Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future series (hate the second movies in both trilogies though, just ew).

My husband doesn't like movies all that much, so it's usually TV shows he likes on Netflix. We've watched our fair share of Monk and Psych. We don't like movies that have a ton of awful language and gore (though I enjoy The Walking Dead).

Looking at what I've written, I have odd tastes.

• Like 1

How can you hate the 80s? There's a lot of good movies and tv shows that came out of the 80s.

QFT

How could anyone hate the 80's? The 80's were some of the best years of man kind. Music, film, art... everything in our popular culture began to evolve exponentially around that time, at least from my point of view. The 80's were just when things were starting to get good. So really, how could you hate such a wonderful decade of humanity?

Oh, lord the Dark Crystal. What's funny is my dad said that the Dark Crystal was too scary for me as a young kid. And watching when I was older, I wholeheartedly agree with him. He also didn't let me watch Star Wars until I was about 12/13 years old. But I do support his decision on the DC. That is in no way a kid's movie.

It's an awesome movie though. The puppets are amazing.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.