Spriting/pixelart thread

EpicEbilninja

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would suggest staying away from ms paint default colors. If you are starting out, it may be a good idea to try to use an existing palette. You could also try to look through the custom colors and mess with the hue, lum and saturation until there is something you like, or at the very least edit the defaults.

There seems to be no lightsource in the image, and there are a few jagged areas in it.

It's a good start though :)

also, I started on a toadsworth sheet in sma4/smb3gba style and I also made a few changes to the spearman and wario 

Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh cool, a whole thread for pixel art :D

Here's an original:

Posted Image    

And here's one of the OoT isometrics I did:

Posted Image

I'd show more but these are already kinda big.... sorry! I'm just a bit proud of them, haha x)

• Like 9

your style maka me jelli mayne. you should be ridiculously proud! not just because you've inspired me to plop a few pixels again after so many years, though

Well, I'm glad it was good for something! I think one of the best compliments an artist can get is that they've inspired someone, so thank you <3 I hope to see your work soon

The background work is amazing Porto881!

How long have you been workng with sprites/pixel art?

Thank you very much! I hate to say this because it probably makes me seem stuck up as hell, but not very long at all :s especially compared to how long I've been doing 2D art in general. My first pixel anything is from about 5 or 6 months ago, and it wasn't until like 2 or 3 months ago that I did a full piece. But I guess I have a knack for it...? The tiny bit of pixel art I've done has gotten me 3 game art jobs so far, so I'm not complaining! x)

Well, it's all about practice. I think I just got lucky as far as pixel art, but it probably also has to do with me doing regular 2D stuff for so long... so regardless, I guess it's all about time and practice!

Anyway, thank you :b I see the couple of jagged areas you're talking about. I don't like changing my finished works, but it's definitely something to keep in mind when I do my next iso (probably the entrance to the Forest Temple :0 ). Also, I admittedly got really lazy with the character sprites in this... I'm usually good with char. sprites, but I had been working like 4 days on it already and I was tired xD

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Bobbotheclown: Good start, but it needs better definition (e.g. lots of lines need to be smoothed out). Also, if possible, maybe tweak the palette; there should be more contrast between the two purples, and maybe use a more subdued yellow/gold that doesn't quite stand out as much from those purples?With such a palette in mind, it'd also be best to use your new gold/yellow to add detail to certain areas, like the arm and the... "beard" of the mask. Also, the flame needs a fair bit of work; it's very flat looking and should probably utilize the other colors.Would you mind if I make some edits to show you what I mean?

At any rate, keep at it; this piece has potential, and so do you!

• 1 month later...

Hahaha, I think I belong in this topic.... Get ready for a storm of sprites!

Pokemon-style stuff first:

thsB21M.png

Satoshi

RtPglHF.png

Valenti

1kEUg93.png

Rashida

4DK6y7C.png

Marth from Fire Emblem

And now for Fire Emblem stuff:

tpZezJp.png

Satoshi's portraits

ah2GnEg.png

Satoshi's Class Sprites

lwO49zN.png
Ramza Beouvle from Final Fantasy Tactics

8HCp7Wk.png

Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening

d0ytcZv.png

Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening

Oug8xt5.png

Xeoverium

U0hNnnu.png

Ghadin

o3CDRos.png

Wilheim

T0U6O0A.png
Ceres Mathis

• Like 1

LOL, I could never have the patience to finish my games, so I have a pile of leftover sprites when I was a kid... most of them are crap because I didn't give a damn how I made them, I was just trying to work on different ideas to create a game in Gamemaker back then, and I was planning on enhancing them later:

Here's some of my best works:

Airikita_Template.pngPhantom_Template.pngSinuvoid_Template.pngOldLady_Template.pngBathPerson_Template.png

Fiona_Template.pngBunnyMan_Template.pngObbi_Template.png

Tree2.pngFlower_Pot_Final.pngTree4.png

This was the Game Over logo:

EPIC_FAIL.png

Drew these, and went over with Paint.NET:

Hushicho_Large.png

Cubies_Large.png

One time I wanted to make a platformer Pokemon game starring Buizel:

RaikouStand.pngSuicunePart.png

BuizelAvi.pngBuizelSketchSwimUp2.pngFloatzelAvi.pngFloatzelSketchSwimUp1.png

MoltresFly2.pngMoltresFly1.pngMoltresPart.png

ZapdosFly1.pngFloatzelSketchRest2.pngArticunoPart.png

This is one of my special characters I made up:

MainCharacter.png

I cancelled this project because the animations were too difficult to do:

myedit.png

Also the design was incomplete, and my idea needed more work... it was an old concept... still, the character was awesome.

And old racing game concept:

gliding.gifflying.gif

It's painful to see these again... I had big plans, but maybe some day in 3D I will make something...

That's all I got~~~

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.