Twilight Memories

Shadow Fire

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umbra stared up at Dusk, giving a soft nod.

"That seems like a good idea. Let me take Midna though. It's too dangerous to teleport with her, so we'll need to take her the long way. You should teleport on ahead to see the princess, while I take Midna to that Telma woman. I can get her there faster on foot. We'll figure out how to fix Midna and turn me back. I love you... my Dusk."

Gently, he nuzzled the older male, before taking off, the rain starting to come down.

Umbra raced across Hyrule Field, keeping Midna propped on his back, giving a slight frown of concern. Sure, she was annoying at times, and she wasn't fond of Dusk, but she was still a Twili, and one of his people.

Plus, you also kept Link from harm... I can't argue against that.

Making it to Castle Town, he raced through, ignoring the screams of the townsfolk, and making his way into Telma's. However, he was unprepared for...

"BEAST! GET OUT!"

He was picked up by a Goron and thrown outside, taking great care in his landing so that he wouldn't hurt Midna anymore than she already was. Looking up, he noticed the door slam shut.

"Damn it... What will I do now?"

• 1 month later...

"You there!"

From the window above, there seemed to stand a rather fluffy cat that Diggs had seen in the bar the first time they visited. It hopped down so it was closer to them, seeming to look over the wolf carefully.

"You're Link, correct?"

It went closer to him, and gently sniffed, the same scent that had been on him while he was human was there in the form of a wolf.

"Mmm, yes, I thought so. I could just tell, you know. I'm Louise. Do you remember meeting me in this shop before? Though I don't think we were properly introduced...In any case, I must tell you, I'm a bit puzzled as to why you look like that. Really, dear, you can't blame the humans for tossing you out, the way you look."

Louise looked on the wolf's back, seeing the suffering Midna resting on his back, her heavy breathing looking like she was clinging to life.

"Oh... Another patient? You certainly are a curious sort..."

"...Plea... Please...Princes...Z-Zelda..."

The imp pleaded, though her sentence was broken from trying to remain conscious. Louise seemed rather concerned for her, as she pawed over, and gestures to the window she came out of before.

"This way! Here, get in through the window. The attic is connected to the castle's waterway. It's an old waterway, though...so it could be a rough trip. Well... I suppose all that's left to do is make sure that the humans don't notice you."

Giving a nod, Umbra jumped up to the window, clenching his fangs as he entered. Slowly, he moved over the beams in the ceiling, Making sure not to make a sound, he made it all the way through.

Simple enough... and... whoa... look at all that gold...

He found himself dropping into someone's house, glancing around at piles of gold. Nearby, a strange orb floated in the air.

Honing his senses, the wolf suddenly noticed that the floating orb was a strange ghost, which held a giant sickle. Growling, he lunged at it. Weakening it, he waited for its core to show itself before ripping at it with his teeth, destroying it.

"I hope you're having better luck... my Dusk..."

The strange golden man who spoke before suddenly thanked him for his help. He fought back a cringe when the man, who called himself Jovani, asked if he could call him 'doggie'.

You expect me to answer that? Well, at least you're not scared of me. Makes things easier.

A passage way was opened up which Jovani said would lead to the castle. With a nod, he dropped down into the darkness.

• 1 month later...

The princess was standing by the window, seeming a bit worried. The twilight had finally been lifted from her home as well as the rest of Hyrule, but for some reason something made her feel rather uneasy. Why is that...?

"Standing here doing nothing while your little wolf pawn does all of the work?"

A small jump ran through her shoulders as she looked over her shoulder, finding a strange boy standing in her room, a small shudder going through her spine.

"You... I... I know you..."

"You should know me... you were cradling me around in your arms until Link showed up to take me off of your hands... I must say, I'm glad you took care of my body in order for me to be woken up again... you think you could help him again?"

Umbra dropped into the old waterway, making his way through. However, like Link, and like Diggs, he shared their same fear for spiders. He had to push that fear to the side and destroy them, without Midna's help, the Twili still weakening on his back.

Damn all these spiders... well, at least I'm almost at the tower.

Finally getting to the tower, he raced along, dodging enemies and giving a soft growl as rain whipped at his face, lightning flashing in the skies and thunder crashing.

There it is... okay... inside I go...

Clambering into the window, he dropped down and raced up the stairs, into the room where Princess Zelda was.

• 1 month later...

Dusk looked over as Umbra came over with Midna on his back, the soft breathing of the imp heard... it wasn't for certain that she was going to make it at this rate.

As the princess knelt down beside the smaller form as she was set on the ground, Dusk hurried over, and slipped his arms around the wolf's frame, keeping him close.

"Please... Please tell me... How do we break...the curse on this one? This...is the one... You need him...to save your world! That's why... Princess... Please... You must help Link..."

Dusk wanted to get onto Midna for referring his love by his other name, but he decided against it... Link did need help as well as Umbra... they shared the same body... for now.

"What binds him is a different magic than what transformed him when he first passed the curtain of twilight. It is an evil power. Our world is one of balance... Just as there is light to drive away darkness, so, too, is there benevolence to banish evil. Head for the sacred grove that lies deep within the lands guarded by the spirit Faron. There you will find the blade of evil's bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages...the Master Sword. The Master Sword is a sacred blade that evil can never touch. Evil cloaks you like a dark veil...and that blade is the only thing that can cleave it. Link... Hero sent by the goddesses... Like you, I have been granted special powers by the goddesses..."

The girl lifted her hand, showing off the symbol of wisdom that was highlighted on her hand, similar to the symbol of courage highlighted on Link's.

"Fine... you two... You can... You can get to the woods...on your own, right? Princess... I have one last request...Can you tell them...where to find the Mirror of Twilight?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Midna... I believe I understand now just who and what you are... Despite your mortal injuries, you act in our stead... These dark times are the result of our deeds, yet it is you who have reaped the penalty... Accept this now, Midna, I pass it to you."

Zelda's body began to glow as did her triforce glowed as well, as the glow began to surround Midna as well, as the small imp was levitating from the ground, seeming rather shocked and a little panicked.

"No! Dusk! Umbra! Stop her!"

As Zelda began to release her hand, as her form was returned to her, even in the light, but the said girl disappeared from sight, before the Twili landed gently on the ground, seeming a little cross.

"Come on, let's get out of here..."

"Yeah... I'm sick of being stranded like this... at least... without you like this too..."

An impish grin came to the wolf's lips, fading as he gave a grunt, Midna plopping onto his back. He glanced upwards, thinking, before finally speaking.

"Interesting though... the princess of the light, giving her own energy to help us... those who dwell in the dark. I must admit, I have somewhat of a newfound respect for her."

The three of them headed out of Hyrule castle, only for them to look up, finding that the Twilight had swallowed the castle where they had been before... looks like without Zelda there, it was easy for it to get swallowed up completely.

Midna clenched her fist angrily, trying to calm herself, as she held tightly onto Umbra, as the three raced off towards the Faron woods in order to find the place that they were told would be able to help Umbra return to normal.

Upon arriving at the Sacred Forest Meadow, Umbra suddenly stopped, giving a soft groan.

"It's him... the other me... he wants control..."

I'm sorry, Link... but I am the one who belongs here... Worry not... I still plan to help Midna... I will keep you... and Diggs... my Dusk... safe.

A few moments later, he shook his head and stared down at his paws.

"He wants to be with Diggs. Once we finish this, maybe we should give them form. After all, they kept us incubated until we could return... allowed us to live again. What do you think, Dusky?"

Noticing a Howling Stone (we've established he knows what they are and blah), Umbra sat at it and howled the music carved in the inscription. To his surprise, a Skull Kid appeared and began to taunt him, summoning strange puppets with his flute, before disappearing deeper into the forest.

"Damn... this is beginning to annoy me..."

Dusk narrowed his eyes in annoyance.

"You've gotta be kidding..."

"You're the so called prince of light and darkness, why don't you do something?"

Midna spat in his direction.

"Shut up! I'm still a Twili, I wasn't given the powers of her royal wisdomness like you were! At best, I can point out where the weird little kid appears when he vanishes when I'm stuck in here..."

Umbra growled, whipping his head around so he was glaring at the other two.

"Enough... I'm sick of the arguing. Midna... don't antagonise my Dusk... and Dusk?"

His glare softened slightly, though he had a gleam in his eyes.

"Stop taking the bait... or I'll make you take something else..."

With a smirk, or as close to a smirk as a wolf could give, he turned and attacked the puppets.

Umbra was feeling pleased with himself, though his smirk widened when he felt the blush that his other self was giving.

You're a pervert... listening in on our private conversation... did my statement excite you?

Chuckling inwardly at the lack of response, he suddenly noticed the sound of a flute. Looking at it, he noticed the Skull Kid. With a growl, he lunged, knocking the creature down. It picked itself back up, laughed, then fled to another part of the meadow, but not before calling more of his puppets.

Dusk quickly pointed out Skull Kid's location everytime it changed, as he watched Umbra lunge forward, and pounced at the puppets as well as the strange boy.

This is how it was supposed to be, Diggs...I was supposed to be in control of this body... and once we get rid of Zant and our father, we can say goodbye to this horrible place and live in the Twilight together... but don't worry, Umbra is kinder than I... he'll find a way to get a separate body for you and your little Link...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.