Twilight Memories

Shadow Fire

Twilight Memories

This is a roleplay based on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which adds a new character, Diggs, from Zelda: Unknown Origins, an awesome flash series. The roleplay was originally at RP Mania, but when that site went down, it was lost.

Anyway, this is shounen'ai/yaoi, which contains love between two boys. Yes, Link and Diggs are awesome like that. Okay, Jia... let's get started.

In the woods of Faron, near the small town of Ordon, a young man sat staring up at the sky, watching as the sun set. Closing his eyes for a moment, the boy listened to the sounds of the wildlife around him. Birds whistled, crickets chirped, and the nearby waterfall of the Spirits' Spring continued to make a delightful sound. The young man, no older than 17, laid back, resting his hands behind his head. His name was Link, and as the farmhand in the Ordon Ranch, he had worked hard to earn his relaxation.

"The sunset..." he murmured to himself. "...beautiful. My favourite time of the day."

His eyes closed, deep in thought, Link couldn't hear, nor sense the familiar presence approaching him.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Link!"

The blonde barely had time to realize who had called his name when he was suddenly jumped on. A pair of bright greenish blue eyes was there to greet him among chestnut colored hair, a big fanged grin on the older male's face.

This young man, believe it or not, is a year older than the young man he had just pinned, about the age of 18. His name is Diggs, a boy who was being looked after by Bo, the mayor of the village of Ordon, since he was found by Rusl in the woods after witnessing his mother's death.

Since then, Diggs and Link have been almost inseperable... almost.

"I've been looking for you, figures you would come all the way out here."

His face now showing a grumpy expression, Link sweatdropped at his best friend's antics.

"Diggs..." he muttered. "Sometimes I wonder which one of us is truly the older one. As good as it is to see you again, you're kinda crushing me here."

A smirk came over the blond's face as he teased his friend.

Link gave a slight smile, turning his head to the side, glancing at his friend.

"Really..." the blond said softly. "Well, I love it here. I come here to relax... and to think."

Glancing back up at the sky, his expression went serious.

"Diggs..." he mumbled. "I'm... nervous..."

Diggs seemed to listen to him with a serious expression on his face, before offering a smile, and scooted closer, and gently held the other's hand.

"I know my opinion is probably bias, since I'm your friend... no, your best friend, but I think you'll be okay. I've only been there once when Bo brought me there, it's really not that bad."

His serious expression soon faded as he brought his usual big grin back.

"Sides, you being more level headed than me, I'm sure you won't get lost like I did."

Link's eyes widened slightly at his friend's comforting words, before a smile came back to his lips. Staring down at the hand which the brunet was holding, Link let his hand grip back softly.

"Yeah..." he said softly. "Thanks, Diggs. You're the best friend I could ever hope to have."

Giving another sigh, he turned his glance back to his friend, smile widening slightly.

Diggs smiled brightly before he looked around, giving small blinks.

"Link, the birds are freaking out about something, we should get back to Ordon."

Ever since Diggs was a kid wandering around the village with Link and Ilia, he seemed to be able to understand the animals, something even more shamans could not do. Ilia didn't believe him, but Link seemed to understand why Sera's cat was always hanging around him when it hadn't been fed in a while.

Link nodded, slowly getting to his feet. Helping his friend to his feet, Link whistled for Epona, the horse galloping to her master.

"C'mon, Diggs..." he said, slowly climbing onto the mare. "Let's head back and see what the fuss is."

Reaching a hand down, the blond waited for Diggs to take it, so he could help the brunet up onto the horse.

The blond boy smiled, making sure Diggs was safely seated, before taking Epona's reins. Closing his eyes for a moment, his heart skipped momentarily as he felt his friend's arms lace around him from behind. Eyes opening again, he cleared his mind, and with a soft "Hyah!", Epona was on her way, Link steering her back towards Ordon Village.

"Hey, Link... you believe me right? That I can hear animals like Epona?"

The older's ears were perked a little bit in curiousity. He had a fight with Ilia a few days ago when she found him 'talking' to Epona, and since she didn't believe that he had that ability, she called him a freak and told him not to go near Epona if he was gonna talk to himself like a crazy person. He didn't really know why Ilia didn't like him... sure they had that fight as kids back when poor Link got bit by spiders when Ilia lost her shoe in their nest, but still...

Diggs had a small little blush on his face, before grinning happily.

"Yeah, you're right."

As they were making their way back into the village, the sun had finally set out of sight, so the ground was no longer a soft orange like before.

"Hey, Link... um... do you mind if I stay over tonight? I dun wanna become Sera's cat's scratching post tonight..." Diggs rubbed he back of his head.

"Thanks." He replied as they came to the tree house, as he watched Link climb up first.

Was it a bad thing that he wanted to share a bed with Link rather than have his own?

He shook his head, he didn't have the guts to ask Link something like that.

He followed up after him, being careful so falling off the ladder didn't happen... again.

Now dressed in only short pants, Link chuckled at Diggs' comment.

"It sure was..." he agreed. "Rounding up those lambs can be exhausting work. It makes me wonder how Fado will make do without me..."

Sitting on his bed, the blond gave a soft sigh, resting his chin on his fist.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.