Twilight Memories

Shadow Fire

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link glanced at his floor, shaking his head.

"It's nothing..." he mumbled. "I was just wondering if you were hungry. I'm... not really that hungry lately."

There was complete silence for a few moments, until Link spoke up again.

"Hey, Diggs?" he murmured. "Have you had trouble sleeping lately? I don't mean from Sera's cat, but... well..."

The blond turned to his chestnut-haired friend.

"It's just that..." he continued. "...I've been having these nightmares lately. They're... unsettling..."

"... Nightmares..."

Diggs seemed to muse to himself, his ears lowering.

"I've been having some dreams lately... mostly about my mother's murder... but the ending is always different... I remember Rusl appearing in reality when he found me... in my dream, three different people seem to appear, though I don't recognize them..."

Lowering his gaze to the floor once again, Link decided he wouldn't tell Diggs about his dream.

He's got enough of his own worries, without me adding to them.

Plastering a smile onto his face, the blond laid down on his bed, glancing over at Diggs once again.

"Well..." he mumbled. "Hopefully, tonight will be better for you."

Hopefully, you'll stay here.

Giving a soft yawn, a slight grin crossed his lips.

"We'd better get some sleep..." he chuckled. "After all, I need to wake early tomorrow, and I'd like for you to see me off. Who knows? I may decide to bring you something back as a gift."

Link's cheeks flared up. Even with his best friend's mix of words, he was able to comprehend the sentence after a few moments.

"Share a bed..." he mumbled out. "...with me?"

Giving a breath, he exhaled deeply, before smiling and nodding.

"Sure..." he said softly. "I'll keep you safe..."

His nightmares must be harrowing. I never thought he'd... huh...

Having already situated himself under his covers, the blond held one side up, a gesture to indicate his best friend to join him.

Link remained awake for some time after Diggs fell asleep. His stomach seemed to be doing tumbles as he watched his friend slumber. His cheeks felt warm and his chest seemed to ache, but he didn't know why. After all, it's not like he hadn't been this close to Diggs before. The older boy delighted in glomping the blond, wrestle around with him, and it never seemed to bother him.

So, why now?

Giving a silent sigh, Link carefully placed his other arm around the dark-haired boy's frame, closing his eyes as he fell asleep.

Those eyes... those menacing eyes. They seemed to be burning deep into his very soul. The helmet of strong metal seemed to emanate a dark chill from it. Grimacing in pain, the blond watched as the sky seemed to darken, before glowing with a strange yellowish fire. Blackish squares seemed to swish up through the air. A sinister laugh was the last thing he heard before everything went dark.

Link's eyes shot open. Glancing around, he noticed the sun was close to rising. Giving a sigh, he glanced at the source of the voice that awoke him.

"Diggs..." he breathed. "...another nightmare... the same as always."

Forcing a smile to his face, he shook his head.

"At least..." he mumbled. "...I know you didn't have any nightmares."

While Link said this, his arms were still around his best friend.

Diggs blushed, before a small frown settled on his face.

He slept just fine, the younger's presence seemed to keep his reaccuring nightmare from happening...

Link was having nightmares too? ...Well, he did say he was last night...

He laid his hand against the back of the other's head, lightly petting his hair.

"I guess I'm not very good at shooing the nightmares away, am I...?"

Link quickly reached a hand up to his head, placing it on the hand that Diggs had gently placed there.

"It's not your fault..." the younger male assured his friend. "At least... it wasn't so much a nightmare this time... It was just an unsettling dream."

Finding himself staring right at Diggs' eyes, Link found it hard to force his gaze away, but he did, cheeks reddening again.

"I better get ready..." he whispered. "I've got a long journey."

A strange feeling made itself known to Link as he and Diggs parted. For some reason, he felt insecure. Unsafe, even. With a sleepy yawn, he pushed his thoughts away as he undressed. Changing into his day clothes, he cast a glance back over to his friend, catching him looking at him.

"I wish you could come too," he said suddenly. "But someone needs to protect the village."

Fully clothed, the blond walked over to his friend, smiling before bringing the older boy into an embrace.

"I will..." he promised. "Take care of yourself too. I'll be heading into the village to talk to Bo, and collect the package I'll be delivering... then I will be going."

Releasing Diggs from his hug, Link gave another smile.

"I'll see you..." he whispered. "...in a few days..."

Cheeks going a bit red, the blond gave another smile, before turning around and walking to the door. As he opened it, he glanced back over his shoulder.

"We will see each other again..." he promised. "I promise to do what I can to make it back to see you again."

Walking outside, Link dropped down to the ground below, before casting a glance up at his house.

Don't let anyone push you around while I'm gone...

Ilia had taken Epona from Link due to an injury the horse had suffered. Epona didn't seem to mind, but try telling that to the stubborn 16-year old. Even further headache was endured when Link had to give the spoiled children of Ordon his sword in order to get to the spring where he knew Ilia had taken Epona.

There goes my defence.

At least Colin understood Link's plight. The teen gave a smile. Colin idolised him, and did whatever he could to emulate him, anything he could to help. He had shown Link a hidden way into the spring, while trying to explain the situation to Ilia.

"...and that's why..." the young boy said, glancing at the ground in front of him. "Link saved us all."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.