Twilight Memories

Shadow Fire

Ilia had just returned Epona to Link, asking that he take special care on his journey, when suddenly, the ground began to rumble. Seconds later, several Bullbos came rushing into the spring, Bulblins riding on their backs. As Ilia helped Colin escape, a Bulblin Archer fired an arrow at her, the arrow hitting her leg, knocking her down, causing her head to hit the ground roughly. She was knocked out instantly. In horror, Link attempted to assist, only to feel a heavy blow to the back of his head as a Bulblin slammed him with its club.

"Unh..." he grunted as he fell to the ground, vision clouding. "No..."

As his consciousness faded, a hideous creature rode into the spring on an even bigger Bullbos. Blowing a strange horn, he gave a smirk of triumph as the sky seemed to change colour. Quickly, he rode away, the Bulblins riding after him, taking Ilia and Colin with them. Link was left unconscious in the spring.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diggs raced into the forest, only to find Bulbins were stomping away from the spring, having the kids and Ilia in their grip. He had a fanged snarl before he raced forwards, and skidded in front of them.

*Who the hell are you?! Out of our way, boy!* The native tongue of the creatures were being hissed.

"Diggs..." Beth whimpered in a pained voice.

*Put them down, or I'll make you pay!* Diggs hissed right back.

A numb feeling ran through Diggs, as he fell to his knees, barely managing to keep his balance, his ears lowered.

*I'll finish the little brat!* One of them said with a cackle, aiming an arrow at the fallen male.

*You fool!* Another smacked the bow out of his hand. *Do you realize who that is?! He will rip you apart if he finds out you killed that one!*

'He...?' Diggs tried to recover from that sudden blow.

*We'll be lucky if we're not punished for the hit with the shield. Let's just go!*

The Bulbins rode off towards the bridge that led outside of Faron Woods.

Diggs squeezed his hands around the dirt, before picking himself up, and headed after them, ignoring the pain running though his head.

'I have to get the kids back...! I'll never be able to face Link if I fail so horribly...!'

The chestnut haired boy made it up the bridge, only to skid to a stop. What the hell? There was a black wall where the path to the fields should be!

"What the...?" He went to touch it, as it suddenly caused the ring on his finger to glow, not having any time to react, as a large hand lashed out of the dark wall, and dragged him inside.

Link was unconscious for several minutes, before finally awakening. Rubbing his head, he glanced around, trying to get his bearings.

"Ungh..." he groaned. "Did I fall out of my bed again?"

Suddenly, he realised he was at the Spring of Ordona, and instantly remembered what had happened several minutes beforehand.

"No..." he choked out. "They've got Ilia and Colin!"

Quickly, he rushed to his feet and sprinted towards Faron Woods, but as he crossed the bridge, he stopped, gasping at the strange black wall blocking his path. It seemed to glow with a mystical power. Taking a few steps forward, he stared intently at the strange wall. Suddenly, he let out a choked cry as a hand shot out and grabbed hold of him. A loud scream echoed throughout the area as he was pulled inside.

Diggs was holding his head... what happened? Did he die?

He managed to pick himself up, as he looked up, only to find he was looking up at what looked like Hyrule Castle...

This couldn't be Hyrule... the city was a beautiful and bright city... it looked like one of those castles you see in your nightmares, drenched in shadows and evil aura.

If you remain too long in this body, child, you will be a pawn to the shadow who calls himself king...

"Wait what? Who said that?"

The ring on Diggs' finger seemed to glow, before it almost melted off his finger, and lashed up his arm, which caused a sting of pain to run through him.

"Agh... w-what..."

I must follow My Lady's wishes...

Diggs was clutching his arm, trying to ease the pain, as the melted dark ring began to take a shape on his arm, creating a black crecent moon shape. He fell to his knees, his body feeling like it was being ripped apart, cries escaping him, before it became too much, and his vision went dark.

A cloaked figure was watching from beside the wall, before it went over to retrieved the boy.

In the meantime, Link was still around Faron Woods, only it wasn't like Faron Woods he was used to. Strange creatures were staring at him, an unsettling sound emanating from them. A great pain began to shoot through his arm, before the symbol on the back of his hand began to glow. The creature shrieked and threw him down to the ground.

Ungh... what's... happening... to me?

Struggling to stand, the blond felt great pain throughout his body, his vision blurring. The pain intensifying, he let out a loud scream as he felt his body reshape itself. The scream quickly turned into a howl, that of a wolf. Having transformed into such a beast, his senses overloaded, and he fell into unconsciousness. The symbol on his... paw... stopped glowing, fading back to its dull colouration. The strange creature that had pulled him into this strange alternate world grabbed him by his hind legs and dragged him away.

Link awoke some time later, finding himself chained. Glancing himself over, he quickly realised he was still a wolf, and gave what could easily be called a sigh. Struggling as best he could, he couldn't seem to break the chain that was cuffed around his leg. Panting heavily, he gave up, exhausted.

The same person as before watched as Link was struggling to escape from the chain that bound him to the floor of the wet and smelly dungeon. She seemed to give off a soft giggle from his actions, which ended up alerting him that someone else was there.

What he found was a small creature with the colors or black and white seeming to curve around her skin, patterns the color of neon green on her arms, legs and ears... a strange mask seemed present on her head, covering her head and one of her eyes, and orange hair seemed to be visible in a ponytail, and one single red eye was visible along with her yellow colored pupil. She seemed to grin at the sight of the beast in front of her before flipped into the air, and landing near the door of the cell, seeming almost excited for a moment.

"I found you!"

"Oooh, aren't you scary~" She seemed to say, as if mocking him in a way.

Her arms folded, a fanged grin on her face, as she giggled a little.

"Are you sure you wanna be doing that? Snarling and glaring at me?"

Noticing that his growls weren't stopping, she sighed softly.

"Well that's too bad... I was planning on helping you... if you were nice."

A laugh escaped from her, as she jumped backwards, avoiding the bites, before landing on her feet.

"There there. You be a good boy and calm down. No need to bite."

A fanged grin was once again visible, before she became all serious, and summoned a ball of dark energy in the palms of her hands, before lashing it out, as the power ripped through the chain that was holding his cuff to the floor, seeming to laugh at his shocked expression.

"You look kinda surprised." She grinned brightly, as he stared at her in confusion.

"So I bet your wondering, where exactly are we?"

She seemed to be asking this question, while her whole body seemed to be glowing black and red before splitting apart into molecules before returning to normal on the other side of the cell.

"Well, I'll make you a deal. If you can get over here, maybe I'll tell you. Hee hee."

She gestured for him to come over where she was before yawning and stretching out of boredom.

Now that he was free, the wolf began glancing around for any weak structural points in the cell. Noticing a few wooden crates nearby, he growled, before lunging at them. The boxes shattered, splinters flying around. Sure enough, underneath was a soft patch of dirt, uncovered by stone flooring. Sniffing the air for a moment, he suddenly began digging ferociously, before creating a tunnel underneath the bars. Slipping under, he emerged on the other side, quite proud of himself.

The laughter of the strange woman seemed to echo in his ears, before she landed on his back, hearing him bark in protest, before seeming to go in a complete circle as if trying to buck her off.

"Hmmph, I guess your not completely stupid after all!"

After he calmed down a little, she gently pet him on the back of the neck, before deciding to move on with her plan.

"Listen, I like you, so I think I'll help you get out of here."

A leer seemed to appear on her face, as she gripped the other's ear, and pulled it, which obviously seemed to hurt.

"But in exchange for my help, you have to do EXACTLY as I say!"

She released his ear, seeing him bow his head slightly.

"If you need anything, just give me a sign. So, are we clear? Good! Now come on, get moving!"

She lightly kicked him in the side, getting a bark out of him, before he seemed back into the spirit of things, as she lightly held onto his fur.

Easy for you to say. This body isn't exactly easy to adjust to- oh, what's that smell? What's that sound? I wonder if I can catch my tail...

Shaking his head, the boy-turned-wolf began circling around the hanging chain as if it were his prey. A moment later, he lunged, grabbing it between his teeth, using his paws to balance himself, lest his teeth be ripped out. The chain pulled down slightly, a click sounding. Dropping back to the floor, he saw a doorway open up beside him. Cautiously, he went through.

(XDDD Nice one, Link)

Once they had crawled out of the tunnel that left the prison, the small female let out a small yawn out of boredom. They soon came into one the tunnels that was like a maze. She glanced over, finding thre was a ball of glowing green fire ahead of them... in fact they were scattered in every direction.

"Hmm... well, well... " She began to giggle, "Want to see something interesting? You're a beast, you should know what to do. Use your animal senses to poke around."

The soldier seemed frightened, muttering about strange creatures that he kept seeing.

The imp gently tugged against the wolf's fuzzy ears, deciding to fill him in.

"That was a soldier's spirit. Maybe it's someone from the other world?" She gave a little giggle. "There are lots of other spirits roaming around here. You know, home in on your senses to see them. They may know some things."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.