Twilight Memories

Shadow Fire

"I am deeply grateful to you for aiding my son in his time of need. You were right to bring him here. Kakariko Village is a sacred place for the Zora people. It is where we take our eternal rest. My husband in life, King Zora, also rests his spirit here. It is no coincidence my son found his salvation in this place ...That which I have promised you is within this grave. During his lifetime, my husband created garments specifically for the chosen hero, garments that house the abilities of the Zora. Now, at last, I can join the king in slumber. And yet... My son... He still knows nothing of my death. If you see him again, please pass on this message... Tell him he must not grieve his mother's passing. Tell him she wanted him to be brave and live as the king of our people. And... Tell him his mother...loves him without end. Tell him..."

As the spirit of the Zora queen faded away from sight, Link's shadow seemed to morph, as Midna soon appeared in front of him once again trapped in her shadow form.

"Well, it's a good thing you found all of your friends and picked up that nifty Zora armor... But aren't you forgetting something kind of important? That last Fused Shadow... Remember what Faron the light spirit said... He said you would need the Fused Shadows to defeat the dark overlord Zant and save the world... So even if you go back now with all of the people you saved... The whole tragedy would just repeat itself... So let's go get it! We need to go to the temple on the lake bed of Lake Hylia."

Midna soon disappeared from sight, as Link gathered the armor he had gotten as a gift from the queen, before he headed back to find Diggs.

Diggs, was actually sitting in the spring of Eldin, seeming rather confused, as he looked up, wondering if Eldin could actually respond if he talked.

"Hey... I don't know if you can hear me, but I wanted to ask something... something I've been scared about... since I found out who I am... if I help Link save the world from the Twilight trying to take over... will I have to disappear too...?"

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link returned to the village with the armour still in his hands. He glanced at it in confusion, and was almost tempted to start taking deep sea swims, so he could look for things, but he was brought out of his thoughts by noticing Diggs nearby. Walking over, he draped his arms around the Twili from behind.

"I can only imagine what you're feeling..." Link said softly. "...but know this: I love you, and we can work through anything together."

Diggs blushed a little as Link appeared behind him and suddenly held him tightly... had he heard what he said before?

The older male lowered his ears softly, before he reached up, and gently squeezed the other's hand.

"Yeah... maybe we should hurry back to Lake Hylia... I wanna get this over with as soon as possible..."

Link smiled, giving a nod as he lifted Diggs to his feet. Moving close, he pressed his lips gently to the brunet's.

-----

Sometime later, thanks to Epona's swift galloping, the two were back at Lake Hylia. After paying 20 rupees to play a game, Link picked up a cucco and used it to fly down towards an island with treasure chests on it. Landing on the top one, he was awarded with 200 rupees. Glancing back, he scanned the skies for Diggs.

Diggs had a hold of the little brown cucco he had picked, as he glanced down... he didn't feel right since unlike Link, he could hear the little birds squawking in english as it just sounded like 'BAWK!' to other people.

"I don't really want to do this... people end up ruffling my feathers, and then I'm always limping once its over... if I'm going to get you down there, you better be careful to not rip any of my feathers out or I will peck you in the head until there is blood staining that chestnut colored head of yours, you understand?!"

Diggs sighed a little as he finally caught to Link and set the little cucco down... this is why he didn't like dealing with cuccos... out of all the animals, they chatter on the most.

Diggs smiled a little, as he dove in after the younger male. While he had travelled with his mother through Hyrule, he had spent a lot of time with the Zoras so he could stay at least 5 minutes under the water without having to breathe from the tricks they had shown him. The two of them headed over towards the entrance of the Light Spirit's resting place, before climbing out of the water, as the older shook himself off a bit. Unlike Link, he wasn't going to be able to go into the Lakebed temple, so he had a reason to dry off.

"Be careful down there, Link..."

Leaning up, Link removed the mask, before reaching up and kissing Diggs tenderly. A few moments later, he pulled back and nodded.

"I will..." he promised. "You take care up here too. I will be as quick as I can."

With those words, Link dove under the water and made his way to the Lakebed Temple. Blasting open the entrance using his new water bombs, Entering, he swam through, before coming up inside the actual temple.

Well, this is kinda creepy...

You're not allowed to touch him! Stay away from our master!

Diggs had heard these voices before... they always seemed to speak before he turned into his wolf form while in the Twilight. A flash of red light was suddenly seen, as a moon and star marking appeared on Zant's hand, seeming to burn him, as he was forced to drop the half Twili, as he was left shaking a bit, as he looked down, seeing the ring his mother had given him was suddenly glowing with the same red light that had attacked Zant.

"What just..."

Zant dropped Diggs to the ground, glaring at the insignia that had burned him.

"So... you defend him against me? Well, it is fruitless... I will bring back what was lost all those years ago, and you will not stop me."

Casting a smirk down at Diggs, the Usurper King simply shrugged.

"You will rediscover yourself... what is it you call yourself? Diggs? Hmph... what a strange name..."

Diggs felt his eyes widen a bit, before they narrowed, almost looking enraged.

"My name is not strange... Link gave me this name... don't make fun of it!"

His entire body glowed with the red energy that would usually set off when fighting monsters of the Twilight, though the energy seemed to spark against the ring he was wearing, his eyes flashing red for a moment, as he sent a punch at Zant... maybe he was able to stop it from hitting him, but the shockwave the energy gave off sent the king back a few steps.

Caught by surprise, Zant managed to block the attack, but inertia pushed him back a little. Blinking for a moment, the Twilight King suddenly began to laugh.

Such fire... let's see if I can't use this...

Remaining in his current position, Zant continued to laugh at Diggs.

"Your efforts are in vain... As for your little companion in the temple, I think I will pay them a visit... We'll see how long they last against me..."

Diggs growled before lashing out, and grabbing Zant by the arm, and threw him backwards, stopping him from getting near the lake.

"I won't let you... if you even go near Link, I will kill you!"

There it was again... everytime he used the red energy field, it sent sparks through the ring he wore, and he felt something beginning to surface and talk at the same time he did.

His confusion at the strange feeling didn't go unnoticed by Zant, because his cruel little laugh was heard, as the younger male looked over, seeing the other's smirk.

Diggs growled angrily.

"Dead... You're dead.... do you hear me?! You'll die before you take him away from me again!"

Master!! Stop!

Diggs lunged at the Twili King, his eyes going completely red, a visible crack appearing in the StarryWay Band on his finger as he landed a complete blow in the face, trembling a bit as he found Zant had been slammed into the rocky surface above.

Diggs felt a bit shaky... what just happened...? He looked at the ring once more, seeing the crack going through some of the stars on it, the voices he had heard before not as loud anymore.

"What's going on...?"

Zant hissed in pain, but quickly recovered, looking down at Diggs with a sadistic glee.

"You're coming back... but there's nothing you can do. How about I just destroy them from here?"

The false king began charging a magical attack. Of course, it was harmless, but it looked fearful enough to be seen as a threat.

"Death awaits them..."

"Stop it!!"

Diggs managed to hiss, going to throw a kick at him, but Zant easily disappeared, before he felt a painful pulse go through his entire body, as he fell to his knees, the heavy sounds of a heart beating running through his ears.

You let Zant break you... there's no way our precious mama's power can stop me now...

A pained choke escaped from Diggs as Zant got him around the throat, and pulled him off the ground so he was lifted above the King's head, finding the half Twili unable to fight it now, as his attention was on the Starryway Band, which was still trying to stop the red sparks that had built up around it.

Before anything could stop it, the ring could no longer fight off the energy it was trying to supress, as it fell off his hand and landed dully into the grass.

The blue eyes went lifeless as they seemed to bleed into the color of crimson.

What's happening...?

I'm in charge now... this shall be my body now, and you can stay here, and watch...

Before Diggs could do anything to stop it, dark chains glowing with twilight symbols lashed out and caught him around his arms, and legs, even against his neck, pushing him against a wall he didn't know was there, as he winced in pain... oh god it hurt.

Don't worry too much, I won't hurt your Link...

Diggs managed to open one eye, only to widen in horror as he was staring at... himself... though he looked a lot more frightening, his hair a bit darker, and his eyes were the color of blood.

You and I are nothing alike, Diggs... but we share one thing in common... our love interest resides in the same body...

Y... You're talking about Link...?

You know him as Link... I know him... as Umbra...

The one known as 'Dusk' stared up at the light that was peering through the darkness that seemed to be inside of their mind.

Seems my time to gain control has come... you stay here like a good little boy like I've had to do for 7 years... I'll come back for you when the time is right...

Wait... stop!!

Diggs cried out in almost panic as the other 'him' disappeared, as the chains wrapped tighter around him, feeling his mind becoming fuzzy, as everything was growing dark.

Link... h...elp...

In reality, the eyes regained their life, before they flashed red, as he looked at Zant, though seeming rather cross.

"Let go of me right now, or I'm tearing your hand off like I did your hair!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.