Twilight Memories

Shadow Fire

Link gaped as the pup was able to jump the long distance. He really was quite something else. A warm feeling seemed to fill him, fading quickly when he heard Midna's cheeky comment.

I'm heavier, and have bigger paws... but I'm not a quitter... I need to save those kids...

Watching as the other wolf finally made it to the other side, Link took a few steps back, before making his own leap of faith. He managed to make it all the way over to the other side, giving as best a grin as he could to the other wolf.

"Heh... like you said... we made it."

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pup seemed to nod, giving a little rub under the other's chin.

"You were really awesome. Hee~"

He liked the other's smell... it reminded him of when him and Link were kids.

"Come on, Link, it's not that far!"

The boy was standing on the other side of the cliff, having wanting to find a grove his mama told him about from a legend about Faron Woods, and since this would be their only time to play together for a while since he would be training under Bo, he invited Link to go with him.

"I...I dun think I can do it... it's too far for me..."

"Come on, just give it a try... and I'll catch you if you lose your footing... I won't let you fall, I promise."

Any thoughts Link may have had about his past were instantly shattered. The moment the pup showed a little affection to him, his wolf instincts barged their way through, and once again, he'd pounced the pup. With no hesitation, he leaned down and began to gently nuzzle the other wolf.

I don't know why, but something compels me to do this... it's like even I want to... and not just the wolf.

Pulling his head away, he stared down at the other, eyes burning into the other wolf's.

"Just like his..."

Leaning down again, he licked at the other's maw, giving what could be described as a purr from the tastes that invaded him.

The pup felt the same heat take over his body as he was tackled down once more like before.

A little noise escaped him, as he was nuzzled softly, the scent seeming to take over his mind... it was familiar to him, even more so than usual.

He heard him mention 'just like his, making him look up, before he felt his face being licked once more, as soft noises escaped him... it felt warm and good... like it did before...

A small little howl was heard as the licks were felt against his neck.

He wanted to stop him, but something wouldn't let him. Though the marking on his shoulder held back the wolf instincts that being in this form held, something told him that he wanted to do this with the taller wolf... though he wished he could be on top.

Just as it seemed like Link was about to break the boundaries and go all the way, he was interrupted. Not by Midna, who had decided to give the two wolves more private time (despite watching them from a distance), but rather, by the last bug, which happened to give the bigger wolf a rather nasty shock, zapping him back to his senses.

"Damn it! You'll pay for that!"

Spinning around, Link quickly honed his senses, and lunged at the last insect, killing it easily. Collecting the last tear, he scampered back to the smaller wolf, but before he could so much as nuzzle him, everything seemed to brighten. The twilight began to shimmer, the black, upward floating squares shattering. Feeling himself lifted away, Link was helpless as his vision faded to white. Moments later, a splash was heard, Link opening his eyes to see that he was back in the Faron Spring, and the twilight had dissipated. Link could feel tingles in his body. He stared up at Midna, who was now back in Shadow form.

The pup felt his body was still warm from what had happened before the bug had zapped the other, and caused him to get rid of it out of anger. They soon found themselves back at the Light Spirit's spring, and Midna was back in her shadow form.

Midna seemed to hover in the air, having a little pout on her face.

"Aww, but it was so nice here in the twilight... What's so great about a world of light, anyway?" She folded her arms, seeming to giggle, "Eee hee, See ya later."

In seconds, she disappeared, right before a bright light took over the spring, as the ball of dim light before finally regained its full potential, as it took form of an animal... the last one seemed to take the form of a great buck with a long fuzzy tail... the long fuzzy tail seemed to be intact, but this one seemed to be a monkey, it's tail curling around it's body.

"My name is Faron. I am one of the spirits of Light that dwells in Hyrule. By the order of the gods, I protect this forest. O' Brave Youths... In the land covered in twilight, where people roam as spirits, you both were transformed into blue-eyed beasts... that was a sign. It was a sign that the powers of the chosen ones rest within you... and they are awakening. Look at your awakened forms."

Link was no longer in his wolf form, now back in the form of a human like before he was pulled into the twilight, though his outfit was different... green made up most of his outfit now in his tunic and hat, as well as black arm guards and a thin chain mail covering his white shirt, and pants and dark boots... even he seemed amazed by the change in wardrobe.

The other wolf was also in his human form... he wore a dark green vest with four brown leather belts strapping the two sides close, dark tan pants that held a couple belts that could carry items if needed, and golden plates that were strapped around his knees, similar platings on the brown gloves and boots he wore, a golden band tying his hair back into a ponytail.

"The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... his power now belongs to you... his is the true power that slept within you. Your names are Link... and Diggs. You are the heroes chosen by the gods."

The other boy looked over at Link, seeming a bit... thrown off... the other wolf was Link all this time? And now they were being called chosen ones... okay, he was confused.

"A dark powers rests in the temple deep within these woods. It is a forbidden power. Long long ago, the other spirits and I locked it away. Because of its nature, it is a power that should not be touched by those who dwell in the light. But the world weeps beneath a mantle of shadows, and so there is no choice... you must match the power of the king of shadows. If you would seek this forbidden power, then proceed to the temple in the depths of the forest."

Faron soon disappeared, leaving the two boys alone... okay, spirit was gone, freaking out was allowed now.

"Link! T-The other wolf... was you!?" The older male said, surprise/shock on his face, and a small shade of blush on his cheeks.

Upon learning his destiny, and seeing his awakened form, Link finally turned to Diggs, his own cheeks a shade of red.

"Diggs..." the blond said softly. "I..."

Completely forgetting about their previous happenings, the younger boy took a deep breath and launched himself at the other, flinging arms around him.

"I thought I'd never see you again..." he continued. "When I came to Ordon and you weren't there... and I found the other kids had been taken, I thought..."

Shifting his gaze to the side, Link began to shake. When he looked up again, tears were glistening in his eyes.

"I'm just glad..." he said. "...that you're safe..."

Diggs felt himself squeak as the other male suddenly ran over to him, and glomped him, miracously managing to keep his balance, as he blushed a little.

It was like their roles suddenly reversed... he was usually the one who gave the glomps and hugs to Link.

His ears seemed to lower a bit when he found the other's beautiful water like eyes were bubbled up with tears.

"Aww, Link..." He whispered, as he gently held the other's cheeks in his hands, and gently brushed the tears from his cheeks, "It's okay... I felt the same when I couldn't find you... everything happened so fast... for a while, I didn't know if I could face you after I let them get away with the kids..."

He wrapped his arms tightly around the younger male, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Forgive me..."

The familiar warmth returned to Link as he remained in Diggs' embrace. It was the same as when he'd been showing affection to him as a wolf. Being close made his heart pound inside his chest, his entire body warm.

But wasn't that because of the wolf's instincts? Or... was it... my own?

Eyes closing, Link gave a sigh. It was good to have Diggs back, but with his recent actions...

Have I... hurt our friendship?

The older's ears twitched a little, his cheeks a bit red from remembering what happened.

If he had tried to get out of it, would Link have felt better about it... or worse?

He smiled... he wanted to cheer the other up. He brought him close, and softly kissed the younger on the cheek.

"It's okay, Link... don't let it bother you."

He offered his usual fanged grin, before climbing out of the spring water, and checking his pocket to see if he still had his map of the woods so they could find this temple the spirit told them about.

Cheeks flaring up at the peck on the cheek that Diggs gave him, the blond raised a hand to it, pressing it gingerly to his cheek. His heart began to race. Watching as the other boy checked for his map, Link stood motionless, his mind returning to the past.

"I... got... your... sh-..."

The boy had fallen to the ground, unable to finish his sentence. Spider bites were all over his body, but he still had to go in and retrieve her shoe.

"Link! Are you..."

"Shut up! Just shut up and leave him alone! This is all your fault, you know? If you hadn't been trying to tag along, like a little lost puppy, Link wouldn't have been hurt like this!"

The chestnut haired boy knelt down, scooping Link into his arms. When Ilia protested, the older boy had let out an enraged snarl, before rushing Link back to his house. It was trouble getting up the ladder, but nonetheless he made it. Putting Link to bed, he instantly wet a cloth, pressing it to Link's forehead.

"Please, Link... you're my best friend... I don't know what I'd do if I lost you..."

As the blond weakly opened his eyes at his friend's voice, he was vaguely aware of the pair of lips that touched his cheek, a teardrop splashing onto his face afterwards.

Returning to the present, Link analysed recent happenings, before realising the truth.

Diggs... I...

The blond moved swiftly, as if possessed. Placing a hand on his friend's shoulder, he spun him around, eyes locking on the other boy's. With nary a word, Link let his eyes slip shut, moving closer, and pressing his lips to the older boy's.

Before the kiss had happened, Diggs was looking over the map that he had made.

"I think I remember where the temple is, it's passed the gate where the fuzzy haired guy lives, I'm sure he would give us the key if we---"

That was when he felt the hand on his shoulder, and found himself turned around, only to find Link's eyes staring into his own.

"Li---"

His word was caught in mid sentence as he found the other's lips were pressed over his own in a warm kiss.

His pointy ears perked up completely from the sudden gesture. Link... was kissing him? He didn't have a crush on Ilia like Beth was always nagging about? That meant he liked... him instead.

His body laxed quickly, his ocean eyes closing, as he pressed softly in return to the blonde's lip lock.

Link pulled back moments later, cursing his lungs for needing precious oxygen. Still, he kept his arms around the other boy's neck, feeling almost intoxicated from the kiss.

"Diggs..." he breathed out. "I know now... why I can't stand to be away from you... why it hurts so much to not be in your presence... why I felt so lost at the idea that I may have lost you..."

Moving closer, he moved his lips next to his friend's ear.

"I'm... in love with you..." he mumbled. "Even as a wolf... the instincts must have known, and heightened my feelings, forcing us together... or something."

Diggs was breathing softly after the kiss had parted, his mind seeming fogged for a moment, but he was still consious enough to take the other's words in.

They perked right away, his cheeks a dark red as he heard the other admit he loved him... something he only imagined him saying in his dreams... it just happened in real life.

He let the map he was holding fall to the ground, as he grabbed the younger male, one hand holding his wrist as he leaned down and kissed him once again, before parting it once again, resting his forehead against Link's.

"I love you too... Link..."

He's my possession of the light... A thought from the past entered his head...

He had said that to Bokoblins when him and Link were alone in the woods... his mama told him the Bokoblins and Bulblins weren't allowed to hurt him... if he had a possession, then they wouldn't be allowed to hurt that either... now he knew what it meant... it was a loved one.

The second kiss came sweeter than the first, Link breathing a little heavily. Moisture ran down his cheeks once again.

"I won't let anything happen to you. This world isn't worth living in without you in it."

Letting his eyes lock onto Diggs' again, he was about to give the older boy another kiss, when he heard Midna clear her throat.

Language

Link is speaking an ancient dialect, although it isn't yet known why. Not very many people know this lost language. This will be characterised by light purple font.

"As fun as it is to watch you two being all mushy over each other, we still have a temple to go to in order to get something I want there. Now hurry up!" Midna huffed before disappearing into Link's shadow.

Diggs laughed, rubbing the back of his head, "Haha... well... can't argue with that... don't worry, Link, we have plenty of time together for kisses and things like that as the journey continues."

He picked the map back up, and held the other's hand, and led him along.

Link rolled his eyes, imitating Midna's own style of eye-rolling. With a big smile as he was led along by Diggs, the blond breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the temple entrance. However, in their path...

"Diggs..." he mumbled. "Can you see that...? The strange golden-white wolf?"

Link awoke in a strange void. A castle seemed to be in the background, though it was very misty. From behind him, he could hear the wolf breathing. Turning around, he gasped as the wolf had already transformed into a giant skeletal soldier holding a massive sword. Drawing the sword he had sheathed on his back, Link swung it at the skeleton, gasping as his attack was parried, closing his eyes as the massive sword came towards him. He felt himself being knocked over, but no damage dealt. Opening his eyes, he stood back up in awe, the skeleton speaking in a deep voice.

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage..." it said. "You may be destined to become the hero of legend...but your current power would disgrace the proud green of the hero's tunic you wear. You must use your courage to seek power...and find it you must. Only then will you become the hero for whom this world despairs. If you do find true courage, and you wish to save Hyrule from the horrors it now faces... Then you will be worthy to receive the secrets I hold!"

The feeling of another's weight on his shoulder hit Diggs, as he looked over, finding Link had fallen unconsious, making him jump, as he caught the other male before he fell over, as he knelt down, having the other rest in his arms.

What just happened...? Link mentioned seeing a golden wolf, and then he passed out on him...

"Link...don't worry, you took care of me while I was unconsious, I'll protect you." He soothed, as he brought the other onto his back, before continuing down the path towards the temple.

In the void, Link nodded, the Hero's Shade casting a bony grin.

"Enemies that are filled with energy will quickly recover and attack again even when stunned by a powerful strike..." it said. "The ending blow is a secret technique you can use on stunned enemies to end their breath before they spring back into action. When an enemy lies collapsed on the ground, stunned, target them without delay and leap high into the air to deliver a final strike. When the opportunity to end their breath is before you, you will see the enemy's aura appear vividly before your eyes. Now, try it on me!"

Link did as he was told, attacking the Hero's Shade, knocking it over. Noticing an aura coming from it, he leaped into the air and slammed his sword down over the skeleton's ribcage. Pulling the sword out, he jumped away, watching as the undead creature stood up and nodded at him.

"Hmm..." the Hero's Shade said. "That was a pinpoint strike. Never overlook your opportunity to finish your prey! The first hidden skill, the ending blow, has been passed on!"

Link tested the power of his leap, bringing the sword into the ground, acting as if an enemy was under his blade. Pulling the blade up, he swung the weapon around, sheathing it. The Hero's Shade glanced to the side.

"There are still six hidden skills for you to learn..." it continued. "Those are only for one who carries the blood of the hero...the one whose spirit is that of the sublime beast. Grow powerful. Test your courage. And when you find that you need another skill to overcome the threats that face you... Search for the statues that howl with the sound of the wind. Seek the sound that calls to the spirit of the beast to awaken me again. A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. Remember those words... Farewell!"

A white light shrouded Link, and the next moment, he was awakening near the temple entrance, in Diggs' arms.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.