SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor

xdaniel

Once again, a "first of all": I'm gonna prepare first public builds of all three project I've been working on over the last month or two, that is Sayaka here, my binary wildcard searcher, and the Game Boy emulator. Will hopefully have them out by the weekend or so...

Now, next up, m64m: Just technically speaking, adding voice acting should be possible - considering that the N64 is capable of it, and we have at least some understanding about how audio works -, but I don't think anyone has ever thought about it, let alone done some practical work. As for texture editing, while it's a good idea it's not something that I had planned, so it might be a while until then. No promises about it, basically.

And SagnuinettiMods: I, tbh, don't think I've ever used Zappy myself, so I don't even know what features - besides waterbox editing - it has that ex. UoT, OZMAV or Sayaka don't. What do you have in mind, excluding the waterboxes?

*very* excited for this release. I few people along with myself plan on making a full OoT hack, and Utility of Time is killing me :P Very confusing indeed. Your editor is in alpha stages and in all honesty, it looks a looooot better than UoT. Keep up the good work!! :P

That's cause it wasn't written in vb.

@ Xdaniel

Zappy is used in this way:

"Controls:

F1 - F5: change what you are editing

F1: Transition actors

F2: Link actors

F3: Map actors

F4: Objects

F5: Waterboxes"

Most of which, I think SayakaGL is already capable of, other than Spawning point and Waterbox editing, I believe.

I think Waterbox editing should work like this, you can select the water box, and possibly move the four corners to which you please. and when you want to edit a different one, simply select it.

Link's Spawing point seems pretty much self explanatory.

I don't want to assume things, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Other things I have in mind, will have to wait until I have them in mind.

Maybe custom texture placement?

SagnuinettiMods: I think I have editing of Link's spawnpoints already integrated, need to check that again. Waterboxes I'll read up on, no promises they'll be in the first release, tho. As for DList editing, if you're talking about a room's DLists (as opposed to, say, object models, which aren't handled at all yet), those have been editable for a long time already, see the first page for some screenshots of that.

Yeah, as actor rendering itself isn't even in yet, editing their DLists isn't either :P The current editing code is rather flexible, tho, and should technically allow editing of any kind of DLists without too much work. It will be some work, of course, but it shouldn't be much once actor rendering ala OZMAV2 or ZSaten is implemented.

Yeah, that is a long shot. I personally don't know much about the audio on the N64 in general, let alone the Zeldas specifically, and as this is supposed to be a level editor, music editing/exporting/importing doesn't really fit in anyway. Sorry to say so, but things like that most likely will not make the cut.

Dude i know this seems a long shot but is it possible you could add a rip and insert music sequence button because that would be AWSOME!!!!!Oh and if not could you rip malons singing edit it and post it in a video sometime just a request. :P

Salvage, I'm more than sure it would be possible to do, but about Malon's Singing, I think you could use the Audio Debugger and mute everything else so you could record it yourself if you want it.

Salvage, I'm more than sure it would be possible to do, but about Malon's Singing, I think you could use the Audio Debugger and mute everything else so you could record it yourself if you want it.

Naw im not talking about recording malons singing im talking about replacing it that would be intresting. :P

Doable and a good idea; had collision rendering implemented waaay back in the original OZMAV before, but never improved upon that in any way. Keep in mind, tho, that you probably won't see this (and some other things) in the first public release, because I don't want to delay this much longer.

I understand that, I'm just offering my suggestions, though. BTW Where did the name SayakaGL come from?

No problem, especially since that's a very good suggestion, so yeah :P

As for the name, SayakaGL, I once pointed that out to someone on YouTube before: Heh, I tend to name my projects on a whim recently, and for some reason after anime characters of all things... The GL comes from OpenGL, which the program uses, while Sayaka comes from Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Also have tools named after K-ON and Railgun characters :P

Weird, am I not? :)

Naw im not talking about recording malons singing im talking about replacing it that would be intresting. :P

This has actually been done before; I've seen someone (I think it was Zeth) import the Ballad of the Windfish so that Malon sings that song instead of Epona's Song. I'm not exactly sure how he did it, but I would hazard a guess that it would work the same as any sequence importing--just find the appropriate sequence, import your own, and repoint it.

To stray back to the topic, I would love to see that collision editor whenever you implement it, xdan--I've been dying to get one working on a 64-bit OS. ZLE2's collision_fixer.exe doesn't work for me and it makes me a saaad panda. D:

This has actually been done before; I've seen someone (I think it was Zeth) import the Ballad of the Windfish so that Malon sings that song instead of Epona's Song. I'm not exactly sure how he did it, but I would hazard a guess that it would work the same as any sequence importing--just find the appropriate sequence, import your own, and repoint it.

To stray back to the topic, I would love to see that collision editor whenever you implement it, xdan--I've been dying to get one working on a 64-bit OS. ZLE2's collision_fixer.exe doesn't work for me and it makes me a saaad panda. D:

http://spinout182.com/src/collision_fixer.c

Just compile that for your machine.

Hey xdan, awesome job on this program, really looking forward to it. One quick suggestion, forgive me if it has already been brought up, would it be possible to implement exit modifying into this? All i know of now is to use ZLE2 for exit editing, and although it does work, its very time consuming in some situations, and you find yourself guessing at the exits you're editing because its not specific as to which one you're editing. So would it be possible to choose a specific doorway/passageway within a map and edit its exit number, so that you are aware of exactly what exit you're changing?

• 2 weeks later...

Since SayakaGL reads waypoints, I thought that this would be half relevant to the topic. I edited UoT's source code to add waypoint viewing:

Posted Image

JUST KIDDING. This is a very convincing hoax. The path you see is real - I added one to this test map and tested the Kakariko graveyard boy there. I then took two UoT screenshots; one of the map without the path drawn (obviously) and one of object_oB1 with an edited hierarchy with the bones visible. Then I did some image editing magic and presto! I sure do like to create hoaxes...

Dude can i get relese even if it is incomplete i just want to try out the waypoint editng myself you pm me it.It sound really revolotionary.Could way point editing be done in hxd?If so what would have to be done.But seriosly can when can we expect a release?

:P

Ugh, been nearly a month without me posting in here... As it's almost 1am here, I'll keep this post short for now.

BlackRose: Need to look into exit modification, nothing regarding that has been coded in yet.

Twili: Yes, you really do like your hoaxes... And it really is convincing, so props for that :P

Salvage66: Manual editing of waypoints can be done, spinout posted the data formats at the Z64 Wiki: http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Maps_and_Scenes#Path_List (command 0x0D, btw)

Also Salvage66, and everyone else wondering about a public release of this program, I'll prepare a first public build over the next few days, to be released by the weekend hopefully. It's been way too long already. Anyway, it's in a presentable state, and shouldn't have any showstopping bugs in it... the source is a mess (mainly the user interface code), so that'll come at a later date, after cleaning it up and the like. What I can't promise for this build is support for custom maps, tho, so be prepared to only be able to mess around with existing maps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.