;lkajskldjfjlk OOT NFRS CART!!!

Zeth Ryder

I too have a grey 1.0 cart, or at least I think it is. When my uncle got his Xbox he gave us his N64, which included this. I'm aware of the revisions made to the game later, i.e. replacing the Fire Temple's chanting with the chanting soundfonts from the Shadow Temple and Beneath the Well, and Slugula's were renamed to "Torch Slugs" for some reason, and of course, green blood/barf. 1.0 has red blood. Which is frikkin awesome.

Oh wait, the listing's a DEMO cart! Nevermind, then! I don't have that XD

Does the cart say "Not for resale" on it? If it does then it's what people are looking for.

You have a grey cart 1.0? O_o

Screenshots plox, I would love to see this.

I don't really think a screenshot is needed. It's just a grey cart with the 1.0 content. But if you want, I could hook up my n64 and get a video of the cart in action. I just don't want to go through that trouble right now.

I don't really think a screenshot is needed. It's just a grey cart with the 1.0 content. But if you want, I could hook up my n64 and get a video of the cart in action. I just don't want to go through that trouble right now.

I was more referring to what the cart looks like actually.

If it's anything like the kiosk demo carts that were set up here in Australia, it's just a regular old 1.0 version in promotional packaging marked only so that the store didn't sell more units than it was given to sell. I never came across any 'true' demo editions of OOT on any of the kiosks I saw around the time of its release here.

edit: That being said, doing a dump of the game would be interesting; who here can support spinout if he buys it?

If it's anything like the kiosk demo carts that were set up here in Australia, it's just a regular old 1.0 version in promotional packaging marked only so that the store didn't sell more units than it was given to sell. I never came across any 'true' demo editions of OOT on any of the kiosks I saw around the time of its release here.

edit: That being said, doing a dump of the game would be interesting; who here can support spinout if he buys it?

I could when I get paid in a couple weeks.

ZeldaSpeedRuns claims the not for resale cart is a 1.0 cart.

http://zeldaspeedrun...ion-differences

See this is what I'm afraid of, people aren't literally looking deeper into the cart other then on the surface, oh it has a few things similar to this, so it must be 1.0. *facepalm*

A quote from their site:

There are three major components to the Z64 Engine: Scenes, Maps, and Actors. Scenes contain an entire area (like Kokiri Forest). Maps are smaller segments (like a room in a dungeon) of a scene. Actors are the objects and npcs that make up the world.

^ This is obviously wrong on many levels.

Has anyone ever put up a difference chart in a byte for byte comparison between a gold v1.0 and a normal gray v1.0 ROM?

I have a gold and gray cartridge, that is why I ask.

EDIT:

I also found this thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=31476

You could ask the thread creator to dump the ROM since I believe he has the means to do so.

Has anyone ever put up a difference chart in a byte for byte comparison between a gold v1.0 and a normal gray v1.0 ROM?

Not that I know of, but I can't be 100% sure. Although I am pretty sure that, if the two cartridges contained different ROM data, someone would've noticed before - back in the day at least when comparing it to existing scene releases, so as to not produce a dupe, or later on when someone tried to verify it via GoodN64 or whatever else - and there would be two different "v1.0"s floating around.

If nothing else, and if you have a GameShark, you could dump and compare them yourself, finally putting this issue to rest.

EDIT:

I also found this thread: http://www.nintendoa...&threadid=31476

"The game itself is the exact same as the Gold Collector's Edition v1.0." - so at the very least, it does not have any fancy demo scene select like MM's demo does. And from that, I'd bet that if the gold cartridge is identical to v1.0, the NFR cart is as well, because why would Nintendo compile yet another ROM just for some demo cartridges without it even having demo-specific features?

Edited by xdaniel

EDIT:

I also found this thread: http://www.nintendoa...&threadid=31476

You could ask the thread creator to dump the ROM since I believe he has the means to do so.

Nope, there hasn't been a comparison.

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is old, but I figured I'd show this. This is my cart. It has "Not for Resale" on it in a rectangular box on the front. If I can somehow dump it, I'd gladly supply it if it would spark any interest and/or help in any way as far as the history of OoT.
IMG_20140402_2059411.jpg
Is this what you guys were looking for a while back?

(By the way, I am that Sepulcher guy. I changed my nick.)
Yeah, I already knew it wasn't some special beta copy. I was just curious if you guys wanted the data on it as there was some interest back then.

I have no means of dumping it. Any idea where I could get the tools?

(By the way, I am that Sepulcher guy. I changed my nick.)

Yeah, I already knew it wasn't some special beta copy. I was just curious if you guys wanted the data on it as there was some interest back then.

I have no means of dumping it. Any idea where I could get the tools?

I was looking into this site before:

http://www.nesworld.com/n64-howtodumproms.php

If you find everything to dump it, you should be golden. I'm sure you might be able to find something.

EDIT:

The parallel serial cord is because of this on the back of the Gameshark:

http://www.bsfree.org/hack/images/hacking_n64/gspro_back.jpg

Oh? You have an NFRS cart Xenix? Whos knows what extra goodies are on there that might have been removed from later versions? By all means you should use whatever methods at your disposal to upload it to the internet! Please keep in contact with Airikita who likely has the most experience in this, and if you need any additional help you might want to reach out to the community at romhacking.net, they might be able to lend a hand as well.

Well, if I can get the tools gathered up, I will dump it ASAP. If it will help you all in any way, I would be more than happy to supply the rom data. This game cartridge was my childhood. I never would have guessed it would end up serving me like this one day. xD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.