;lkajskldjfjlk OOT NFRS CART!!!

Zeth Ryder

Yeah, I'm quite sure it's just vanilla v1.0. Pretty cool to have for collection-purposes, if you can find it cheap, but nothing I'd want to spend $400 on. I'd rather get ex. Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga and Panzer Dragoon Saga for that kinda money, to be honest.

A vanilla 1.0 gray cart is still really cool, I kind of wonder if it has any extra content since it was manufactured before 1.0's gold cart?

Depending on what content is left over.

Hm, maybe an extra beta room which will piece together the key factors of Zelda 64 and tell us what the beta could've been like. One beta room is powerful. I bet if you betarized Ura and removed some stuff in later versions and secretly leaked the full version which had one more attack, it would make the game come together. That one chest would open, that one minigame will be beatable (no, not you, running man) and that one dungeon will be accessible.

Edit: All of this in theory, of course. For all we know it could only have a glitch that breaks your system that was removed in later versions.

I actually have a 1.0 grey cart. I got it at a yard sale for free a couple years back, since I didn't have my old copy of oot anymore. I didn't think it was a big deal though, so I never thought to mention it.

You have a grey cart 1.0? O_o

Screenshots plox, I would love to see this.

If it has any differences from 1.0 at all, I think it would be like the one in the official Nintendo Power strategy guide; Sheik says "Back off" instead of "Get back". Other than that, I'd say nothing else (apparent).

One way to tell if the cartridge is any different from the 1.0 version of OOT is to activate the crash debugger. Once you activate the crash debugger you can take a look at the build date of the game at the last page of the debugger. The build date of OOT 1.0 is 98-10-21 04:56:31. If the build date is any different then either it's a different version of Ocarina of Time. Information on how to activate the crash debugger can be found here.

It may be likely, but do developers actually do any fixing to the retail game after it is released? I mean sure, the v1.1 and v1.2, but we also have the Demo MM. Was there anything in that?

The MM Demo had a whole lot of text differences and is overall more similar to the Japanese version than the US release: http://tcrf.net/The_...sk#Preview_Demo

I can't really imagine that OoT NFR cart to have ex. such text differences, seeing how all OoT versions were compiled rather close to each other, while Majora's JPN v1.0 was compiled 00-03-31 02:22:11, the US demo 00-07-12 16:14:06 and the US final 00-07-31 17:04:16. US demo and final are rather close as well, but still further apart than OoT v1.0 and v1.1, which had like 5 days between them.

I too have a grey 1.0 cart, or at least I think it is. When my uncle got his Xbox he gave us his N64, which included this. I'm aware of the revisions made to the game later, i.e. replacing the Fire Temple's chanting with the chanting soundfonts from the Shadow Temple and Beneath the Well, and Slugula's were renamed to "Torch Slugs" for some reason, and of course, green blood/barf. 1.0 has red blood. Which is frikkin awesome.

Oh wait, the listing's a DEMO cart! Nevermind, then! I don't have that XD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.