Opposites Attract

Shadow Fire

The red-haired boy took a deep breath, before launching a Monster Ball. The ball landed and out came a Gastly.

"Gastly..." he called out, smirking. "Mean Look!"

The ghost Pokemon gave its own little smirk, turning its attention to the Lapras.

"Gastly..." it purred, eyes glowing ominously. "Gaaaaaaaaaastlyyyyyyyyyy..."

The Lapras was terrified, unable to escape. Out of desperation, it tried to use an Ice Shard attack, but Gastly easily dodged, moving in close and licking the Lapras' face. Paralysed, the poor Pokemon could only watch as Silver's malicious smirk widened, before he threw a Monster Ball right at the frightened Pokemon. The capsule ensnared the majestic creature without hassle, and though it tried to escape, it was no match.

"You're mine..." Silver purred as the Monster Ball containing his new acquisition returned to his hand. "...all mine."

Gastly gave its own smirk, before returning to its own capsule.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Silver glanced at the Monster Ball containing his new Lapras, he couldn't help but snicker.

"This day just keeps getting better..." he purred to himself. "I wonder what other Pokemon I can get."

Snappy sounded his support, following his master as they left the hidden cove.

'Next stop, Azalea Town.'

Silver came close to the exit of the cave when something made him freeze.

"No..." he choked out, kneeling down to pick up a dark garment. "It can't be..."

Standing back up, he examined the garment closer. His eyes widened, then narrowed when he saw a big red "R" imprinted on it.

"So..." he hissed. "They're back."

Ethan frowned, something wasn't right. The Gym was blocked off by some weird man in black. He had spoken to a man and his apprentice, but they didn't know, neither did the people in the Pokemon Center. When he went to the final house, before he could even get in a word out, and old man ran past him, shouting something about teaching some rockets some manners. He blinked and looked down at Cynder who looked just as confused as he did. "I guess we should check this out." he said slowly before they headed off.

Silver clenched his teeth together, noticing Ethan head down into the well. Thankfully, the other boy couldn't see him.

"He's going up against Team Rocket..." he muttered to Snappy. "I hope he thrashes them."

Glancing down at the Totodile, Silver suddenly blinked in confusion.

"Snappy?" he asked. "What's going on?"

The Totodile was now glowing softly. Giving his own grin, a bright light enveloped him. When it faded, he had transformed.

"Croco..." he growled happily. "...naw!"

Silver's surprised expression became a wide grin.

"I see..." he purred. "You've evolved. Now, you're stronger. Come, let's take some trainers down a notch."

As Silver slinked towards the well, newly evolved Croconaw in tow, he heard voices floating up the well. Hearing what was said, the red-haired boy made a face.

"Those fools are stupider than I thought..." he muttered. "Cutting off Slowpoke tails for profits? No wonder they were easily defeated by a kid. They have the mental capacities of a teaspoon."

Although battling was one of the most fun things a trainer and his pokemon could do, Ethan took no pleasure in thrashing the rockets. He only felt grim satisfaction that they were getting what they deserved. Just after the next rocket fell, Cynder began glowing before changing into a Quilava. Ethan smiled brightly, "Awesome Cynder! You evolved!" "Quilava!" The pokemon exclaimed happily. Soon their happiness disappeared and they became determined once more. "Only a few more rockets." The raven haired trainer murmured while Cynder growled lowly, crouching, ready to fight the evil trainers and their pokemon.

Hearing Ethan's underground battles against Team Rocket, Silver gave a vicious smirk.

"I never thought I'd be cheering for him..." he snickered. "But Ethan... kick their asses good. Make them all suffer."

Snappy glanced up at his trainer, remaining silent, but wondering what his master was thinking.

After taking out the executive, Proton, Kurt came around checking on the slowpoke and praising Ethan for a job well done. Ethan gave a small smile before they started to head back towards the entrance of the well. Ethan clenched Cynder's pokeball in his hand, the said pokemon walking beside him tiredly. 'Somehow, I have the feeling this isn't the last time I'll be running into the Rockets.'

With all the walking, Snappy began to grow tired. The Croconaw gave a loud yawn. Silver stopped at once and stared down at the Pokemon.

"Tired, huh?" he grunted. "Well, I think it's time you went to bed. I can't have you bringing us down due to your fatigue. Return."

Snappy gave a content yawn as his Monster Ball converted him into energy, sealing him inside his capsule. Silver glanced at the Monster Ball, before giving a slight sigh. He was starting to get tired himself.

Once they left, Kurt once again praised Ethan for a job well done before heading back to his home. The raven haired teen turned to his tired pokemon and smiled softly, "You did a wonderful job, Cynder." He said quietly, holding up the firestarter's monster ball, "Take a good rest." Cynder smiled sleepily at him before he was returned into the sphere. Ethan put it away and stretched, "Now, time to head to the center and get a little rest myself."

Silver had begun to head for the Pokemon Center when he froze in his tracks. Ethan had just arrived at the building and was walking inside. Gritting his teeth, he waited for the raven-haired teen to head off to the room he was given, before rushing into the Pokemon Center.

"Welcome!" Nurse Joy said, smiling at the red-haired boy. "I'll bet you're tired, right? I've got a few spare rooms, so please, take your pick."

The redhead tried not to blush. He'd always had a slight fondness for Nurse Joy, regardless of which one it was.

'Kinda reminds me of that Brock guy back in Kanto.'

Noticing Ethan had taken a room closer to the lobby, Silver decided to choose the room furthest from the lobby. Nurse Joy's smile widened and she handed him the card key. The boy took it gratefully, and scampered off to the room he was provided with. Entering, he gave a sigh of relief as the door closed behind him.

"That was close..." he muttered. "Last thing I want is to deal with him right now."

Ethan fell back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "How...can anyone be so cruel to pokemon?" He asked softly, hating the fact that his eyes were stinging from unshed tears from that very thing. "The pokemon didn't do anything to them and they're just torturing them senselessly. It doesn't make any sense."

Silver's mind quickly switched from Ethan to the return of Team Rocket, his face twisting in anger.

"Just what in the hell do they want?" he hissed to himself. "They disbanded 3 years ago, disgraced by their defeat at the hands of a child. Has Giovanni... returned too?"

Dropping backwards onto the bed, the red-haired boy closed his eyes for a moment, before taking Snappy's Monster Ball into his hands. Giving a slight smile, he let his eyes close again, falling asleep.

You shall witness one day the revival of me and my Team Rocket.

Silver woke with a start. Glancing to the side, he noticed that through the night, Snappy had emerged from his capsule and was sleeping beside his trainer. The clock on the wall read 03:57, and while it was still early, the red-haired boy decided it was time to leave. Lifting the Croconaw into his arms, while mentally grumbling about the weight, Silver silently left his room. Leaving the card key on the desk in the lobby, he went outside and made his way around the town.

Later on in the less unarceusly hours of the morning, Ethan awoke to a small weight on his chest. He looked at Cynder who was staring at him with curious crimson-colored eyes. Chuckling softly, Ethan petted his pokemon who purred quietly. "I suppose we should get ready for the gym now, huh?" "Quil...lava." Cynder nodded, smiling.

Giving a soft grumble, Silver glanced back into town, noticing the raven-haired boy enter the gym. A smirk crossed his lips as a thought came to mind.

"I have a great idea, Snappy..." he purred. "We'll lie in wait for him to leave the gym, exhausted after battle, and then pounce. He won't stand a chance against our superior power."

The blue Pokemon glanced up at the red-haired teen, blinking his eyes.

"Croco..." it growled. "Croco naw naw croco naw."

-A half an hour later-

"That was awkward to say in the least." Ethan mumbled. "That guy is so...feminine, how could I not mistake him for a girl?" Cynder snorted beside him. "Guess it's a good thing he was understanding about it." He stretched, "Well then, we should go get you and the other healed up, huh?" "Lava!" Cynder exclaimed cheerfully.

Now's the perfect time!

Smirk widening, Silver raced up to Ethan, his expression changing to a glare when remembering how he was humiliated just outside Cherry Grove. Pointing at Ethan, he made a good show of being domineering.

"You!" he hissed. "I hear you took down Team Rocket. That's impressive, but last time, I told you I'd get my revenge. I'll ground you into dust. Prepare for your just desserts!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.