Opposites Attract

Shadow Fire

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver quickly took Snappy to the Pokemon Centre, impatiently pacing back and forth. Finally, although not very long had actually passed, the Totodile was back up on his feet. Giving a hurried thanks to Nurse Joy, Silver recalled Snappy to his Monster Ball and left.

'Snappy, you were defeated by a Pokemon with a type disadvantage... Insulting.'

Noticing a trainer nearby, Silver stopped and smirked.

"Okay, Snappy..." he purred. "It's time for you to prove that we are a fearsome group... That I can be assured you are worthy of being my Pokemon. Hey, kid! A battle, now!"

Ethan finally made it back to New Bark Town and headed to the lab where a policeman was talking to Professor Elm. The policeman looked over at the amber-eyed teen and frowned slightly. "Who are you?" He demanded. Without letting the dark haired teen speak, he continued, "We are investigating the case of the missing Pokemon here..." He puffed his chest proudly, "Rule number one! "Whoever did it will come back to the site.""

'You've gotta be kidding me.' Ethan deadpanned. The the words sunk in, 'Missing pokemon? It might be...' Before he could ask, the policeman stopped short, staring at him, "Oh my...so you must be...the one who did it?" Ethan blanched before glaring, how dare he! He would never steal a pokemon! Beside him, Cynder was also glaring at the policeman.

Just when all hope seemed lost, the doors to the lab flew open, and Ethan's neighbour, a young girl called Lyra, came rushing in.

"Wait!" she shouted. "Ethan didn't do it! I saw a strange boy with long red hair peeking into the lab this morning."

Meanwhile, Silver had managed to defeat his opponent, smirking in triumph.

"Good work, Snappy..." he said. "You did good this time."

Snappy gave a cheeky grin of his own, snapping his jaws in victory.

Ethan tensed up something the policeman noticed right away, "What? You saw a boy like that?" Mutely, the raven-haired nodded slowly. "He must be the one who did it... Did you happen to get his name?" The policeman asked. Ethan averted his eyes and he contemplated telling the truth or not...

He decided not to.

"Platinum." He mentally cringed at lying to someone of authority, but for some reason, he didn't want to tell on the other trainer.

"I see! So Platinum was his name. Thanks for helping my investigation! My next assignment is to search for this red-haired individual." The policeman tipped his hat to the other three and left briskly. Ethan shook his head and sighed.

Lyra gave a slight smile.

"I know you..." she whispered. "When you lie, your eyes dim in colour."

With those words, she pressed a finger to her lips, indicating she'd say nothing about Ethan's little white lie. Then, she left, allowing Professor Elm to speak with the raven-haired boy.

--

Meanwhile, Silver had made it to Violet City, managing to crush every trainer he came up against.

Ethan blinked, startled, 'Erm...I didn't know that. I should be more careful...' Sighing, he turned to the professor who seemed to be still a little nerve-wracked, not that the trainer could blame him. "Ethan this is terrible..." The raven haired teen nodded slightly as Elm collected his thoughts. It was awful that the pokemon had been taken. "Oh, yes, what was Mr. Pokemon's big discovery?" He asked. Ethan silently held out the pokemon egg causing Elm to look startled, grasping the egg, "Huh? This is an...Egg, isn't it? This Egg may be something I've never seen...still it's just an Egg." He shook his head with a wry smile, "Mr. Pokemon is always fascinated by Eggs. Well, since he gave it to us, we might as well find out what secret it holds. I'll keep it for awhile to find out about Egg."

"There's more Professor." Ethan said quietly, but now he was smiling eagerly. He held out his pokedex, "Professor Oak gave this to me."

Silver was amazed at the appearance of the towns in the Johto region. Before long, he found himself in front of Sprout Tower.

"Wow..." he breathed. "I never expected to see places like this."

Snappy looked up at his trainer, tilting his head to the side.

"Toto..." he said. "...toto...dile?"

Silver smirked down at the Totodile, who blinked back.

"I see you're still out of your Monster Ball..." he chuckled. "I suppose you can stay out. After all, you have gained many victories already. C'mon... let's go check out this tower."

Elm's eyes widened, "What? Professor Oak gave you a pokedex? Ethan, is that true? Th-that's incredible!" He gaped. "He is superb at seeing the potential of people as Trainers." He grinned, "Wow, Ethan. I knew you were a little different. Things are going to be fun!" Ethan let another small grin flicker across his face, nodding in agreement. "Your Pokemon seem to really like you, so why don't you...take the Pokemon Gym Challenge? If you manage to defeat all the Gym Leaders, you'll eventually challenge the Pokemon League Champion!" Elm paused. "Or not! Ha ha ha! Becoming the Champion is not all that easy, but you can certainly challenge Violent City's Gym." Ethan nodded, "I planned on that." "Challenging the Gyms scattered around will be a long journey. Before you leave, make sure you talk to your mother." Elm advised. "Of course." Ethan smiled a little more.

OFF TOPIC:

Look at you. Using quotes from the games. lol I stopped doing that, mainly because I couldn't be buggered to look through the game files.

Some time later, Silver managed to tear his eyes away from the scenery of the tower, and return to his real agenda.

"There's a guy who possesses the power to teach Pokemon a special skill..." he murmured to himself. "I want it... so I guess I'll have to battle him for it. Let's go, Snappy."

The Totodile gave a soft noise of agreement, before toddling off after his trainer.

OFF TOPIC:

Haha! If you looked closer, you'd noticed it's really from my story. I just changed bits and pieces. :P

Once Ethan had finished speaking with the professor, he left the lab and headed home to say goodbye to his mother. The woman was tearful, but warm and supporting of his journey. With a slightly bittersweet goodbye, Ethan was on his way once again. Glancing at his pokegear, he mused, "The next city after Cherrygrove is Violet City, home of the Bellsprout Tower and the first Gym of Johto." He looked down at Cynder who stared back up at him. "Should be fun, right?" "Quil quil!" Cynder squeaked in agreement causing the raven haired teen to laugh.

Silver made his way up the tower, defeating trainer after trainer. He still only had Snappy, and was at a type disadvantage to the many Bellsprout the sages had. However, his will to win was enough to allow him his victories.

"Good, Snappy..." the red-haired boy smirked after another win. "You just keep getting stronger and stronger."

The Totodile snapped his jaws in pride.

"Totodile!" he chirped. "Toto..."

Continuing onward, he'd made it to the third floor, not knowing that a certain someone had just entered the tower.

Silver continued to battle his way up the tower, and finally had made it to the master. With a smirk, the red-haired boy cast a glance at his active Pokemon. The Totodile gave his own grin up at his trainer.

"Okay..." Silver muttered. "We've finally arrived. Now, let's take this guy down."

Silver had finished the battle, and was victorious. He and Snappy grinned at one another.

"You showed us what you got, and it is indeed good..." the sage said in his mysterious voice. "Take this Technical Machine. However, you should care more about your Pokemon. The way you treat your Pokemon can be too harsh... Remember, Pokemon are not tools of war..."

Silver snorted and made to leave. However, he noticed Ethan behind him, and with a glare on his face, stalked towards him.

"Humph!" he hissed. "He calls himself the Elder, but he was no match for me. Sure enough, those who lecture how you should be nice to Pokemon... they cannot defeat me. All I care about are strong Pokemon that win every time. The rest of them don't mean anything to me."

The red-haired boy began to fumble about in his bag for a moment, before bringing out an Escape Rope.

Silver gave a malicious snarl, before using his Escape Rope, vanishing quickly. Reappearing at the foot of the tower, he cast a vicious glare up towards the top.

"I'll show you..." he hissed. "Strength... power... they are everything. Just you wait. I'll crush you under my shoes. C'mon Snappy. We're getting out of here."

Snappy glanced up at his trainer and nodded, toddling after him.

Ethan sighed softly, shaking his head before plastering on a fake smile as he went up to challenge the elder. Once the battle was over, he accepted the TM with a real smile, but his mind refused to stop thinking about the red haired trainer.

'The way he treats his pokemon in battle... It's horrible.' He frowned as he left the tower. 'What could possibly make him do that?' He shook his head, 'I guess, sadly, it doesn't matter at the moment. Who knows when we'll meet again.' He headed to the Pokemon Center. Next stop the Violet City Gym.

Silver had taken a little detour through Union Cave, having heard strange noises coming from within.

"Toto..." Snappy said, liking the way his voice echoed throughout the cave. "...dile!"

The red-haired boy swung his glance down to the little crocodile Pokemon, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"What are you squeaking about?" he hissed. "Show some restraint! I wanna know what the source of that noise is, and if you keep that racket up, I won't get to..."

The Totodile snapped his jaws together, looking a little bit upset. Silver's glare softened a little bit, before he gave a grunt and held out a bit of Pokemon food, which Snappy grabbed, giving a quietened thanks.

'Now... I wonder... it's a Pokemon... but I wonder what it is...'

It was a difficult battle, but Ethan and his pokemon managed to pull through, securing the first gym badge. The raven haired teen thanked the leader for the battle before he left, barely containing his excitement. It had been such a thrilling battle and their efforts from training were rewarded by the badge gleaming in the sunlight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.