Opposites Attract

Shadow Fire

Okay, the idea for this roleplay came from another roleplay (of the same sorta style) that CrimsonWings and I did on MSN/YIM a while back. It pairs Ethan (the protagonist of the Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver games) with Silver (the antagonist, later turned respectful trainer of the same games). If you don't like boys being in love with other boys, then don't read. Okay, time to start.

It was 3 in the morning in New Bark Town when the outsider arrived. Glancing around, he made a dash towards the Pokemon Laboratory owned and operated by Professor Elm. Heading around the side, he peered in the window, but couldn't see a thing.

'This is it... I just need to wait for my chance. I need to see that they're really there. I'd better get a little rest first though.'

Turning his back to the wall, the boy sat down on the grass, bowing his head and closing his eyes.

'Don't mess this up, Silver... I'll show everyone...'

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later in the not-so-unarceusly hours of the morning, a raven haired teen awoke with a yawn and a stretch. Turning to face his alarm which was ringing shrilly, his amber-colored eyes became alert at the sight of the time. Jumping out of bed, he hurriedly got dressed. 'That was close! I'm almost late!' he thought.

"Ethan! Are you awake!" His mother called. "Yeah Mom!" Ethan replied distractedly as he pulled his cap on.'Today's the day!' he thought with a grin.

The hours had passed by, and Silver awoke. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he blinked a bit, before standing up and peering through the window again. This time, what he saw made him grin.

"Soon..." he muttered to himself. "Very soon."

The boy ran a hand through his long red hair and listened to the sounds around him.

'I can hardly wait...'

Nodding after the professor finished speaking, Ethan looked thoughtfully over the three pokeballs on the table. All he had to do now was choose. He smiled, knowing exactly which one he wanted. "This one!" The ball opened and out popped the fire mouse pokemon, Cyndaquil.

"So you want Cyndaquil, the fire type?" Elm asked him. Ethan nodded, smiling brightly. "Uh-huh!"

Watching with interest, Silver's eyes widened as he saw one of three rare Pokemon appear from the Monster Ball.

'I've heard stories, and I was taking a risk, but I still can't believe the stories are true! There's more types than what are in Kanto. I must have one for myself! Now, I just need the right chance.'

"I'm going to call you Cynder!" Ethan said brightly to the happily squeaking starter. "Be careful out there Ethan." Elm warned him even though he was smiling at the enthusiastic trainer. "Even with a pokemon, the world can be dangerous." "Don't worry professor! I'll be careful." Ethan promised with Cynder squeaking in agreement. "Cynda!" "Right then. So about the errand." The professor started and Ethan nodded. "I want you to go to Mr. Pokemon and see what his new discovery is. I'd go myself but..." He trailed off. "Okay then! We'll be back before you know it!" Ethan promised before rushing out of the lab.

-Fast Forwarding just a little-

"Phew! Finally I can get back to New Bark Town!" Ethan said as he and Cynder gazed at the egg in the boy's hands. It was warm and if his was very quiet, he could hear the tiniest of sounds coming from it. "Professor Elm is gonna love this." He jumped when his pokegear went off. "What the?"

Silver ran as far as his legs would take him, giving a sinister smirk. A Monster Ball was clutched tightly in his left hand.

'Finally... I have a rare Pokemon of my own. Soon, I'll show everyone just how powerful I can be. I'll prove that I am better than you... father...'

Hiding nearby, the red-haired boy caught his breath for a moment, before staring at the red/white object in his hand.

"This Pokemon..." he muttered. "They called it a... Totodile..."

Meanwhile, Professor Elm was frantic, calling Ethan to let him know that something terrible had happened and that he should return quickly.

"H-how can this happen?" Elm whimpered after ending the call. "How could someone steal a Pokemon like that?"

OFF TOPIC:

Corny endings are corny. =P

Silver had just made it to Cherrygrove City, when he saw the dark-haired boy from New Bark Town. A smirk came over his lips as he quickly approached.

"You got a Pokemon at the lab..." he sneered when getting closer. "What a waste. That's a Pokemon that's too good for a wimp like you... Don't you get what I'm saying? Well, I too have a good Pokemon. I'll show you what I mean!"

Silver tossed the Monster Ball he had stolen upwards a few times, catching it each time it came back down.

OOC: Shaddup. XP

Ethan's eyes widened in surprise. 'What the hell...?! Who is this guy? And how did he know about Cynder?' Shaking the thoughts away, he gazed passively at the redhead. "If it's a battle you want, then that's what you'll get!" Cynder squeaked in agreement, standing determinedly in front of his trainer.

OFF TOPIC:

Feel free to use the Offtopic tags. =P They were made with this purpose in mind.

Silver smirked wider, unleashing his Pokemon from its Monster Ball. A Totodile emerged, snapping its teeth playfully.

'Alright... I seem to have the type advantage here. Although, both of these Pokemon look rather weak.'

Totodile didn't seem to share his master's thoughts, snapping its teeth again in excitement. Silver raised an eyebrow.

'I'll call it Snappy.'

Snappy continued to shoot In random directions, not knowing the fire mouse was rushing towards him.

"Tototototototo..." the baby crocodile chirped after stopping to catch his breath. "Totototo-diiiiiiii~!"

Snappy was unprepared for the assault, the Cyndaquil slamming into him. The Totodile went soaring a couple meters, before landing roughly on the ground, knocked out from the critical hit. Silver scowled in disgust.

'Damn it. How did I lose?'

Recalling Snappy into his Monster Ball, Silver narrowed his eyes at the capsule. Tilting his glance upward, he glared at Ethan.

"You may have defeated me here," he growled. "But your victory is worthless. I'll show you just how powerful I am."

With those words, the red-haired boy sprinted off, not noticing something drop from his pocket.

Silver didn't get very far before realising he had dropped something important. Stopping in panic, he turned around, only to notice Ethan glancing at...

"Hey, that trainer card!" he called out, rushing back over. "It's mine!"

Grabbing it back, his eyes widened.

"Oh, no..." he moaned in exasperation. "You saw my name! Oh well, it's not like it really matters anyway. All that should matter to you is that I will crush you."

With those words, he rushed off once again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.