Someone hit a Timeshift Stone near me... :o

The Tjalian

Hello all! bzzt! Okay... I can't keep up with the ancient robot act haha.

I'm The Tjalian, an ancient relic from the days of Zelda's Secret Ocarina and the Zelda Coalition, the infamous hacking community. Been in the hacking game since around 2004, and enjoyed the stay for around about five years until all of the Website hacking BS started flooding in... and consequently left. The last time I was active in that scene, sakura and cendamos has just started releasing actor modifications (at the behavioural level) and custom maps consisted of a small box with no collision verts thrown in! So anyway, yeah, I kind of left the Zelda scene as I'm not really into social or internet drama and much prefer an easy life.

However, I've kept a small eye on the Zelda hacking scene around 1 to 2 times a year and came across more stuff recently relating to some really amazing (well, amazing for an old timer like me) custom maps, ocarina song mods, waypoint hacking, custom models... stuff I didn't even dream of back in 2004! So, I got hold of an old friend under the name of xdaniel on Youtube, and had discussed the haps with Zelda hacking and what the deal is. He then linked me to this place, and said that while it's not entirely dedicated to Zelda hacking, there's a reasonably sized group of people who love to hack the game still.

Wanting to jump back in the foray and see what's new in the scene, I decided to register here! I might not contribute straight away and just lurk for a bit (this place is rather huge... not entirely sure where to start!) because of work commitments, but I definitely would love to get back into the Zelda hacking scene again and hopefully find a community of likeminded individuals who love Zelda hacking too!

For the odd person who might possibly visit Zelda Power, I'm known as The Teej over there.

Well, hopefully I'll see you guys around! Bye!

(I just realised IE10 -really- doesn't like this site, haha)

Edited by The Tjalian

O

Ah, there you are! Was wondering when you'd register here :)

Well, I'd also like to welcome you to The GCN - it's a great place and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Haha yeah, I got busy at work and other stuff. Life gets in the way a lot more compared to in the days of old! Thanks guys :)

There is even more, spinout, JSA, Deathbasket and Sakura are here as well.

I've seen spinout and JSA around here... didn't know Sakura was here! Haven't been introduced to Deathbasket yet (probably joined the scene after I left, I guess). Any word on others like Xu Yuan, Cooliscool, MNGE, Jason Rose, etc?

I've seen spinout and JSA around here... didn't know Sakura was here! Haven't been introduced to Deathbasket yet (probably joined the scene after I left, I guess). Any word on others like Xu Yuan, Cooliscool, MNGE, Jason Rose, etc?

Xu is off doing other kinds of hacking, haven't seen or heard from him in forever, Cooliscool quit a while back when he gave up on support for UoT, MNGE, no idea about him and Jason Rose, haven't seen him since ZSO.

Yeah, a fair few of the 'oldbies' have more or less dropped off the radar. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Xu is still working on FFT stuff; I haven't checked up on that community in a little while since most of my focus has been here and on a film project. The community is quite a bit bigger in general now, though. Lots of new faces since things settled down.

Yeah, a fair few of the 'oldbies' have more or less dropped off the radar. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Xu is still working on FFT stuff; I haven't checked up on that community in a little while since most of my focus has been here and on a film project. The community is quite a bit bigger in general now, though. Lots of new faces since things settled down.

Right, okay. Bit of a shame some of the older guys have dropped off, but it's fantastic to see loads of others have come in. By the looks of things, the scene looks better then ever.

This is kinda awkward for those not in that old group... :)'

So yeah, welcome to the community! Great to see another Zelda hacker/programmer on the boards!

Haha, sorry for making it a bit awkward! :)' Thanks for welcoming me!

Teej! I remember you.

Coming from another 'ancient relic' as you put it, It's good to see you.

Ah, JSA! Thanks dude :)

Holy smokes, it's been a long time o.o

It's a very pleasant surprise to see you around again, last time you were too busy with school. I hope life's been treating you well, and welcome to The-GCN ^^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.