Zelda's Birthday 2 poll

john_smith_account

My offer to build maps for you still stands (though I will be operating on a considerably more convoluted time schedule and will take longer than before to complete stuff). Let me know if any plans have changed since then, if you decide to go with this and you'd like me to help out.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far.

All this is pending the results of the poll, of coarse, but to answer some of the general questions about the project:

A sequel would be awesome... Didn't you have work for a sequel already done? I seem to remember something on glitchkill that hinted at that.

Yes I have done some work toward a sequel, but nothing solid. I've done loads of test stuff, event mapping, and brain storming. Many test levels built on spinout's level builder last summer :D. But nothing solid.

I do have the intro pretty well done though.

Will there be custom dungeon maps?

Yes! Custom dungeons are my first goal! I need at least six adult dungeons total.

This project will be handled completely differently than the first one. I will be building the entire mod BACKWARDS. The mod will be built around the dungeons. That is after I get all the dungeons, I'll fill in the rest of the hack and events around them.

Even the entire Overworld will be up for grabs this go around. I'll accept anything anyone wants to contribute. Level mods, NPC mods, text hacks, ASM. You name it! Even an official hi res texture pack could be nice this time around.

There's no hurry for all those commenting on not having the time just right now. This will not be a rush job. Just let me know if you want in, and what you can add.

100% YES. Not to criticize any modders who have scratched projects (including myself) but Zelda's Birthday was the only true finished Zelda 64 mod, and the best. To have a sequel where you play as adult link would be fantastic, not to mention the awesome new tools that would make a new JSA project killer. But I do think the storyline in this one should be more in depth, rather than just Link getting ready for Zelda's Birthday. (Nothing against the first one, I just think it could be more serious)

I would like to contribute to making map models, however, under the condition we add in my 3d Face Shrine dungeon. I really want to complete it, but I have no motivation in a solo project.

Don't worry though. All I did was inspired the map laytout. The rooms themselves have completely different obstacles! This is the entrance:

Posted Image

The basement sections in particular are also vastly extended and modified into a lava filled dungeon full of marble walls and paintings!

This is a childhood dungeon in which you acquire the Red Tunic (For YOUNG Link!!) and Silver-Gauntlet strength (But we may be able to substitute it with Goron Bracelet and bomb flowers)

Items used before the dungeon include Slingshot, Deku Stick, and the Boomerang.

₪ BlackRose'" data-cid="15008" data-time="1321924612">

But I do think the storyline in this one should be more in depth, rather than just Link getting ready for Zelda's Birthday. (Nothing against the first one, I just think it could be more serious)

I agree. The main plot for the first one worked because it was a young Link only hack. Being that this is an adult Link only hack, it only make sense for it to be more serious.

There will be some gags and comic relief though, after all even OOT had elements like Talon and Ingo. Just much more subdued this time.

₪ Lishy'" data-cid="15009" data-time="1321929280">

I would like to contribute to making map models, however, under the condition we add in my 3d Face Shrine dungeon. I really want to complete it, but I have no motivation in a solo project.

I accept your condition. Welcome aboard.

(Edit: Edit)

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Topic closed at request of topic starter.

If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

The GCN Staff