Wind Waker Hacking Thread

xdaniel

Kargaroc, what did you use to pack .arcs?

http://shedevr.org.ru/zelda64rus/tools/(r)arc_tools.zip
these programs

(copy and paste the link into the browser. For some reason, it doesn't like to be linked to)

So I recently messed around, and I figured out that you don't need a BMD for the room to load. Just delete the BMD folder and the room will still load, despite being completely invisible and therefore very hard to navigate

Link's dead. Did you use several programs to do that? I once tried a RARC packer from the same site, but they created RARCs with bizzare formats, and I don't think the game likes them.

I fixed the link.

Maybe. I think I should beg xdaniel to write arc packer because that's our only option when it comes to making correct rarcs

Still doesn't work for me. The packer doesn't compile to the same format as the ones from the game. Is there a way to get it to look like them?

It worked for me

Don't just drag all the bmd, dzb, etc.. folders onto it directly, they MUST be in a folder of the same name as the arc. Then drag the folder onto the packer and it should work. Maybe.

That's all the advice I can give

Currently merely a browser for RARCs, nothing else:

Posted Image

Also, seeing how there's some still-unknown fields in the various headers inside a RARC file, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 100% compatible archives going. If those are just timestamps or somesuch, it hopefully shouldn't be much of a problem, but if the game relies on some of that unknown data, well... yeah. I'll take a look at those before digging myself any deeper into this hole called "RARCPack".

I guess the topic post in "Wind Waker's Alpha Forest" was largely ignored. The bmd file remaining for the alpha forest is not a bmd file at all, but an old Maya file. Open it in notepad or whatever and you will see this:

<HeaderInfo>

map test_R00_siroroom

project projectMapTool

generator Maya

user DummyUser

version 1.31

date 2002/07/19

time 15:20

num_define 2

define_tag GroupDefine

define_tag PolygonDefine

</HeaderInfo>

This is the model:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess the topic post in "Wind Waker's Alpha Forest" was largely ignored. The bmd file remaining for the alpha forest is not a bmd file at all, but an old Maya file. Open it in notepad or whatever and you will see this:

<HeaderInfo>

map test_R00_siroroom

project projectMapTool

generator Maya

user DummyUser

version 1.31

date 2002/07/19

time 15:20

num_define 2

define_tag GroupDefine

define_tag PolygonDefine

</HeaderInfo>

This is the model:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So... what are those?

One of my friends has Maya, and he says it doesn't open in it.

There's a very good chance there's some extra information created from its existence in the ROM that the program may not recognize, or an old file version not supported by whatever your friend is using. If you can find or crack the file format for Maya files that your friend uses, you might be able to get this thing loaded up in its native program.

There's a very good chance there's some extra information created from its existence in the ROM that the program may not recognize, or an old file version not supported by whatever your friend is using. If you can find or crack the file format for Maya files that your friend uses, you might be able to get this thing loaded up in its native program.

It has already been loaded in Maya. Mallos31 got one of Maya's authors to make a script to load it. I converted it to a N64 Display List by hand before the script was made. I also have the collision file for the alpha forest in SKP and OBJ form. I'll give you them if you want. Since this is posthumous, I'll tell you that Flotonic and I were texturing the collision file in an effort to eventually convert it to BMD. You should really open that "room0.bmd" file in Notepad and see for yourself that's it's nothing more than an old Maya file, instead of getting all skeptical on me.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-maya/autodesk-maya-2011/i-have-an-old-old-file-im-trying-to-open-keep-getting-errors-help/

There's the the thread on Maya's site. Mallos31's initial post has a Pastebin link to the file in its entirety. Again, NOT a bmd file at all. Further down, there is a screenshot of the meshes I posted in this topic, both loaded at once in Maya by one of its very authors. I think that's overwhelming proof.

I made a textured version with what I think it would have looked like. The textures are from Djipi's Cell-Shaded texture pack for OoT. I assume you'll notice the few untextured bits,those were left like that because I wasn't sure what they were. I now think they are grass and I will texture them when I go and fix all the textures sometime. http://www.mediafire...n3um32cwbo0k9gw

OBJ file with textures: http://www.mediafire.com/?y9g1yygli90xa1b

I made a textured version with what I think it would have looked like. The textures are from Djipi's Cell-Shaded texture pack for OoT. I assume you'll notice the few untextured bits,those were left like that because I wasn't sure what they were. I now think they are grass and I will texture them when I go and fix all the textures sometime. http://www.mediafire...n3um32cwbo0k9gw

Nice job! Have you seen the footage of the forest, though?

0:35 of the second trailer...

Is that chandelier anywhere in the final game? The Forsaken Fortress, perhaps? Cause... I've actually found a model in the Objects folder that looks EXACTLY like it. Will find it again later... In addition, I remember that its animations didn't look right. Argh! I can't remember what it was called!

On another note, this is kind of interesting:

Posted Image

Posted Image

For some reason, Jalhalla has, essentially, another face behind his mask. I wonder why they did that? The mask is all that's visible at all times. Maybe they just did it to be safe, in case something happened and players saw behind the mask... or, maybe it's beta from when the mask was supposed to fall off, or where there was no mask at all...

Wait! I just found an animation where he pushes the mask up to wipe his face off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.