Our Final Destination

Shadow Fire

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the group went inside the inn, two children raced by, whispering excitedly amongst each other.

"Did you see that?"

"I sure did!"

The kids raced on by, unnoticed. Inside the inn, Zidane gave a soft chuckle as he stared at the innkeeper.

"Look at this..." he laughed. "Sleeping on the job?"

Waking up, the innkeeper apologised, but stared for a moment. The blond glanced at Dagger, before smirking back at the innkeeper.

"Hey..." he warned. "I know she's cute, but it's rude of you to stare."

Blinking, the innkeeper shook his head.

"Oh, I-I wasn't looking at the young lady..." he defended. "I was just... The room is right over there. Make yourselves at home."

Vivi was too tired to notice much as they headed into the inn room after Dagger had been informed that she had to stay in the same room as the rest of them.

The young mage felt his mind feeling rather foggy... he hadn't gotten any rest since the other day... and it was already dark outside from travelling through the plains, finding the Ice Cavern, something knocking them all out for who knows how long, and then getting out and travelling more plains in order to reach Dali. He sleepily began to climb into bed while the other three were talking.

After a quick debate, Zidane gave a yawn. As much as he tried, even he had to succumb to sleep. Realising that there were only 3 beds, he knew he'd have to share with someone.

There's no way in hell that I'm sharing with Rusty... screw that! And, as much as I'd like to share with Dagger, it wouldn't be appropriate. Guess I'll be sharing with Vivi. Hopefully, he won't mind.

Glancing over at the others, he put on his 'everything will be okay' smiles, before taking his shoes off, and clambering onto the bed which Vivi was sleeping on. He stared at the sleeping mage for a few moments, before giving another smile, before closing his eyes.

Something warm seemed to snuggle up against him in his half asleep state, seeming to comfort him in a way.

The small mage shuffled a bit in his sleep so he could get a bit more comfortable, though the movement caused his flop sided hat to fall off his head and onto the ground where his shoes and gloves were, his small head buried against Zidane's chest.

---

Vivi had woken up before Zidane, as he picked himself out of the bed, and reclaimed his hat, setting it over his head so his eyes were glowing and his face was shadowed. He looked around... that's strange... where did Steiner get to?

He climbed out of bed, slipping his gloves and shoes back on. He looked over at Zidane, smiling at how handsome he looked when he was asleep. He claimed a quick bite to eat, and headed out of the inn to watch the windmill.

From within his sleep, Zidane thought he could hear singing. Giving a yawn, he slowly opened his eyes.

"I've never heard a song like that before..." he mumbled sleepily. "...was that Dagger singing?"

Suddenly, he noticed that he was alone. Standing up, he glanced around.

"Oh, everyone's up already..." he murmured. "I wonder where they went?"

Jumping up, he put on his shoes and gloves, before heading outside.

Small little noises seemed to catch Vivi's interests as he walked around the small village... there wasn't much to see, but it was so calming and nice there.

He found some of the children of the village stopped at the sight of him though, obviously looking scared, for lack of a better word.

A snot nosed little boy took a good look at him, before running away screaming. He was so confused... he hadn't seen anyone try to avoid him before...

In a way, it kind of hurt.

He took a step towards them, only to find them back away as he did...

Inching away, he went over towards the stone wall, and leaned against it, the interesting noises sounding like 'kweh' catching his attention... they sounded far away though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.