Our Final Destination

Shadow Fire

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vivi gave a small nod.

"Alright, then we're going to Burmecia." Dagger nodded.

Instantly, there came arguments from Steiner that this wasn't their fight, and it wasn't certain if Alexandria was involved from Cid.

"But if the black mages are involved... Vivi, Zidane, you know what I'm talking about. I can make mother stop, I promise!"

A little later, the group was sitting down to a massive feast, which, to Zidane's relief, had plenty of a vegetarian alternative. Digging in to the food, he glanced over at Vivi, giving a slight smile as he saw the mage eating heartily. Suddenly, he blinked as he stared over at Dagger, as he heard Steiner's voice.

"This is wonderful!" the knight exclaimed. "Princess, how is everything? Why aren't you eating?"

• 2 weeks later...

Vivi slowly stopped eating, giving a little swallow to the vegetable soup he had been eating, little sleep bubbles seeming to lift above his head.

"I... I'm feeling rather... s-sleepy..." He had his head fall against the table, as he was drifting off to sleep quickly.

The same thing was happening to the others as well... the regent, Zidane, even Freya had fallen over, seeming to faint around the princess and the panicking knight, Steiner.

Steiner was freaking out.

"What the -" he shrieked. "THE FOOD IS POISONED!"

Zidane cast a suspicious, but sleepy look at the princess.

"You..." he choked out. "Dagger...?"

Seeing even Zidane fall asleep, the knight threw his hands into the air in despair.

"How could I be so careless!!!?" he cursed, starting to look as if he was going to faint. "Ugh... I'm starting to feel sick... F-Forgive me, Princess. I should have tastied it for poison..."

• 2 weeks later...

"But..." Steiner murmured. "That is because he is concerned about you!"

As Dagger commented, Steiner shook his head.

"No, you don't understand...!" he interjected. "War is a terrible thing! You must never experience it as I have."

"I'm sorry, Princess. I cannot follow any orders that might put your life in danger."

"...What is Alexandria is behind this attack on Burmecia?" Dagger finally spoke up, her eyes concerned and determined. "It could lead to war between the three great nations. Many innocent people will die..."

She glanced down for a moment, before looking back up, determination the only thing shining in her eyes.

"As the princess of Alexandria, there must be something I can do. I have to help Mother... I don't want to see anything happen to her..."

Dagger nodded, "Thank you... let's leave before everyone wakes up."

She hurried away from the table, as she knelt down by the blonde who had helped her into getting to Lindblum.

"I'm sorry, Zidane... come on, Steiner."

With that, the young princess and her almost too loyal knight headed out of the room.

~Fast forwarding a little, because those two aren't really TOO relevant at the moment~

Sometime later, Zidane groaned as he opened his eyes. Groggily glancing around the room, he noticed immediately that Dagger was gone, Steiner probably having followed her.

"Dagger..." he murmured. "Where have you gone?"

"Zidane. May I point out that we need to pay attention to where we are going?" Freya finally piped up.

Vivi looked at Freya. "Do you know the way?"

"Of course I do, I wouldn't have made it from my travels to Lindblum if I didn't know the basic geography of this continent. The only problem is..."

"What problem...?"

Freya looked ahead, before giving a sigh. "This direction we've been going in is going to take us through Qu's Marsh before we even get to the Grotto..."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.