Our Final Destination

Shadow Fire

"Zidane, wait..."

Dagger had gotten a hold of the belts on the older's vest, as she was pulling him out of sight before they could get caught.

Vivi stopped for a moment, feeling like he had heard something, before he was suddenly pushed, causing him to walk all over again, his small frame trembling a bit.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Did you see the large barrel next to the shed? I've seen the exact same patten on some of the barrels at the castle. This place must have some kind of connection with Alexandria Castle. I must know what it is! So please... I beg of you, don't cause any trouble just yet."

Dagger pleaded with the older male. She knew he wanted to rescue Vivi, but this was important to her, since she had no idea that her own kingdom was trying to start a war, even when they passed the Melda Arch, and the war banner for her kingdom was hung in sight.

Dagger agreed as they soon headed inside once again, passing by a Chocobo, which is what Vivi said he heard before all of this started.

Vivi was sitting inside of a box, shivering a bit, not sure what he did to be put in here.

He lifted his head soon, as he heard Zidane's voice exclaim something, as he stood up, pressing his hands against the box.

"Zidane!" He called out to him.

"Vivi?" the blond murmured, glancing around, before suddenly noticing the sobs he heard was coming from a box. "It IS you! I'll get you out!"

Glowing for a moment, he used his daggers to break open the box. Helping the mage up, Zidane stared at him.

"Hey..." he said, giving his warm smile. "It's okay now... but... why would they stuff you in a box?"

Vivi was shaking a little, as he pressed against the other's hug, using the excuse that he was scared to be close to him.

"After you left, some men kidnapped me and brought me here. They told me to stay put. I was so scared... I didn't know what to do. They asked me 'Why were you outside?' and then they said, 'The cargo ship isn't even here yet.' I didn't know what they were talking about, so I didn't say anything, and then they said, 'Let's put it in today's shipment.'"

"And they put you in that box?"

"...Yeah."

Zidane grabbed Vivi's and Dagger's hands, before racing forward, suddenly screeching to a stop.

"A chocobo and...gysahl green?" he pondered aloud, looking at the bird happily running on its wheel, trying to get the gysahl green. "The chocobo is powering the conveyor belt... Why don't they just use a machine to do it...?"

Letting go of the others' hands, he moved towards the conveyor belt and attempted to look through to where it went.

"I can almost see inside..." he murmured. "...but I can't see anything. I just hear noise. Are the eggs... hatching?"

Vivi headed into the next room, only to find himself gasping in shock.

"Ahhh! W-What is this?!"

Hearing him cry out, Dagger and Zidane headed into the room, finding something horrifying...

The machine was... creating black mages... they were taller, wore black and purple...

Vivi was scared... these things were being created here?

"Zidane!"

Dagger gasped as he had been caught in one of the boxes that were meant for the black mages, as it was soon followed by Vivi, and even Dagger had gotten caught inside of them.

Vivi felt he was going to be claustraphobic by the time this whole event was over.

"Z... Zidane..."

He whimpered, his hands pressed against the sealed top of the box.

Zidane felt himself being moved, and sometime later, he could hear the sounds of someone mumbling.

That does it. I'm getting out of here one way or another.

Unbeknownst to Zidane, it was Steiner's voice he heard. The knight had noticed the barrels.

"I've seen this pattern somewhere before..." he murmured, gasping as it began to move. "Ah! It's moving!"

Moving closer to inspect it, he heard a muffled voice.

"Alright!" Zidane exclaimed from inside. "Give it another push!"

Shrieking in amazement, Steiner jumped back, just as Zidane managed to burst out of the barrel, before helping Vivi and Dagger out from within their prisons.

"Yes, your highness..." the knight said apologetically. "Please excuse my behaviour."

Zidane noticed Vivi's silence, and approached the mage, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Vivi... " he said softly. "I don't know exactly what's going on, but... I will stay by your side, okay?"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.