Our Final Destination

Shadow Fire

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm... c-c-coming..." He managed to stutter, already way behind the rest of the group, his body feeling like it was being turned to ice.

Little did he know, he was walking in the direction that led towards a small patch of ground below, before he felt his senses fade out on him, barely hearing someone call out his name, as he fell from the edge, and blacked out before hitting the cold snowy ground below.

"Master Vivi!" Steiner shouted. "Are you okay?"

Suddenly, the knight slumped down beside Vivi, falling asleep. Zidane rushed over to him and gave him a gentle kick.

"Yo, Rusty!" he exclaimed. "You're...not alright, are you? What happened to you guys? Hey, Rusty! Move it or lose it! Get up! ...it's no use..."

His eyes suddenly began to grow heavy as he glanced around, noticing everyone was asleep.

"Oh no!" he murmured. "Garnet! Not you, too? Garnet? She's out cold... Shoot... I'm falling asleep..."

Slumping to the ground, his eyes closed as he fell asleep. Suddenly, he heard a strange bell, which roused him from his sleep.

"What's that sound...?" he wondered aloud. "It came from over there... Is somebody there...?"

Slowly, he began to walk off in the direction of the noise.

The blizzard quickly came to an end, and as he raced back to the others, he noticed them waking.

"Hey, there..." Zidane chuckled. "Everybody okay?"

Steiner narrowed his eyes and glanced over at the blond.

"You!" he growled. "What just happened?"

The thief glared back.

"It was no big deal." he shrugged. "Trust me on that..."

Steiner clenched his hands into fists.

"You're hiding something!" he demanded. "Tell me now!"

Zidane shook his head.

"Hey, nothing happened..." he said defensively. "You heard me."

The knight glanced at the princess, before gasping.

"You!" he choked out. "You...didn't touch the princess, did you?"

The blond took a step back in surprise.

"WHAT?!" he screeched. "Just what are you accusing me of?"

"Steiner, he said nothing happened! Why are you being so rude?"

Garnet snapped at him, seeing him bow his head in shame.

Vivi seemed a little concerned since the other's clothes looked a bit singed.

"Is everything okay, Zidane?"

He spoke up, seeing him jump at the sudden question from him.

Vivi decided it would be better not to say anything about the burns on his clothes otherwise Garnet was going to get involved.

The four of them soon headed pass the waterfall and towards the cave exit above, as they found the warmth of the sun had returned.

"We made it through the Mist! Oh, the sun feels great!"

"Yay!"

Vivi seemed glad to put that place behind them.

"It sounds like you've been everywhere, Zidane." Garnet seemed to tease, before musing a little. "The only other places I've seen are in books."

Garnet muttered about going to visit the village, and began to head down the mountain path that would take them down before Zidane called for her to wait.

Vivi was lost in his thoughts while the conversation was going on, as he looked down at the village below... when he had gone by in the airship a friend of his got him on without having to pay, he had seen one of the Dali cargo ships go pass him... it made him a little anxious when it went by cause he swore, the eyes coming from the control room was staring right at him.

Zidane halted Garnet, before looking over at her.

"Wait!" he called. "Hold it. You're a princess! You can't just go rushing in there. People are looking for you. You need a new identity."

Steiner shook his fist.

"Insolent fool!" he growled. "The princess need not sneak around! Besides, we're heading back to the castle. You leave her alone. And you will address her as 'Princess' from now on, you silly peasant."

The blond gave an exasperated sigh.

"Dammit, Rusty!" he snarled. "Why don't you just shut up? Who do you think you are? I don't take orders from a stuck-up jerk like you!"

Vivi came back out of his thoughts as he heard Steiner and Zidane were arguing once again, as he whimpered a little bit.

"You guys...!"

Stop it, you two! ...Steiner, I do not intend to return to the castle. And I do see Zidane's point...I need a new name..."

Garnet seemed to muse on the thought of having a new name to go by, before he gestured to the dagger she had picked up that Zidane dropped when Steiner pushed him.

"Zidane... What is this called?"

"Oh, okay... I understand now. So this is called a ‘dagger'..."

Ignoring Steiner's whine about her holding a weapon, she finally seemed to come up with an idea.

"I've decided! From now on, I will be called Dagger. What do you think, Zidane?"

Vivi stared with a baffled look on his face... what kind of name was that?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.