Current Situation...

Shadow Fire

I just wanted to state that I will likely not be around very often for an as yet unknown amount of time. I suppose I should explain my current situation.

On Sunday, April 16 (AEST), I was the victim of domestic violence. Two days later, I received a message from my mother (yeah, I lived with my mother, brother and sister) who told me that it would be for the best if I could find alternative accommodation. At this time, I am by all definitions, homeless. I'm attempting to sort out housing via the state government's public housing program, and for now, am couch surfing at a friend's house, but this arrangement is only temporary.

I have no idea when everything will be sorted out, or what the future even holds, which is working wonders on my mental state. Ever since the assault, I've been having trouble sleeping due to night terrors, and my mood has been all over the place.

I will do what I can in the community, and will be around whenever I can, but until I can get my shit sorted out, my activity will likely be erratic.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Since posting that message, I lived in a homeless shelter for about two months, before moving into a boarding house. Circumstances are still shit, and I have to rely on mobile data for internet. Money has also become extremely tight, and there have been days where I've gone without eating, just so I can have enough food to last until my next welfare pay. Even then, $500 a fortnight, minus approximately $350 to pay for rent at the boarding house, as well as other bills doesn't leave me with much money to last two weeks.

To make things even worse, every single job I have applied for in the past year has turned me down, which hasn't helped my depression. I'm trying to take life one day at a time, though it is becoming increasingly more difficult. With how desperate times are getting, I'll probably be forced to get rid of this community as well, since it costs me US$14.95 a month for hosting, plus US$15 a year for the domain name, and it really is money I can't afford. Unless something works out soon, I won't be able to do much of anything I hold dear anymore.

• Sad 1

Oh shit that's fucking awful man. I could try and help out maybe with the hosting and stuff. We as a community should try and find a way to help you out. I'm really sorry your going through this.  :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: I've managed to get a job, so hopefully it should make things easier for me. To say that I'm relieved and overjoyed to be part of the workforce once again would be the understatement of the decade.

I'll keep you guys apprised of my situation as events unfold. Fingers crossed, though, that everything starts going well for me.

• Like 1

So, the job is going pretty well, and I'm enjoying it. A tiny snag though: My laptop decided that now was a good a time as any to die. So, I'm typing this on my tablet. However, this means that I can't take care of the technical stuff, my projects are on hold for an uncertain amount of time, etc.

So, until I can get it all sorted, gonna have to leave Zeth, Gump, and Arcaith in charge a tad longer.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
I'm back, baby!

Shadow Fire here, with an important news update:

My life has really picked up in the past month or so. I was able to move out of the boarding house and into a studio apartment. In addition, I have high-speed (for Australia) internet, and my ex-boyfriend gave me his spare computer, so I am pretty much back in business. I'm proceeding cautiously, since money may be a tad tight for the next couple of months (it's what happens when you take out a loan in order to get bond money), but I'm optimistic that things are getting back on track.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.