There's a URA Project reference in Ocarina of Time 2D?

CM30

Flotonic hates Zeth for unknown reasons. Saying that he ran off with the money is bs though. Donations are for the website, not the project. Aside from that, they weren't paying for a product.

I think it's low myself. Most fan games don't get finished. It's difficult to keep a group of unpaid people happy and working for free.

• Like 5

I myself was hoping URA would be a completed project, but as I found out myself, life does get in the way. I haven't hacked Zelda in over a year due to personal problems and also getting a new job a few months ago. Things happen, it's inevitable. It's just sad some people have to be bitter over it. URA looked amazing, I was looking forward to it, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I still respect Zeth a lot, he's a very talented OoT hacker.

• Like 1

I chose to make Ruinous Shards all by myself. I ABSOLUTELY had help but I was always in charge of the project. It took me a great deal of time and the project probably could have been greater if I added staff but I chose not to....and it worked out I think :)

• Like 3

I had mentioned this on skype before, but I never was really interested in modding. I was more interested in the N64's architecture. Plus it's very time consuming.

Flotonic's way of doing things was pretty much monkey patching; he would extend files and move around as little as possible. My technique was to make memory maps of the files I was working with, flattening them into contiguous blocks of usable memory, substituting my data into those blocks, and then relocating everything. As a result, he could definitely do things a lot faster than I could, but all of my mods were non-conflicting and less likely to introduce bugs.

• Like 1

Flotonic isn't the kind of person to let things go, i have discussed ideas about the project with him and he keeps bringing up the whole URA thing. Bringing up issues from past times really shows how interesting things are in ones life.

If he wants to be a grudging anger filled person, that's his choice and sadly will cause him more problems in the long run. All I can do is wish him the best and hopefully he'll move forward finally, everyone needs to.

• Like 2

If he wants to be a grudging anger filled person, that's his choice and sadly will cause him more problems in the long run. All I can do is wish him the best and hopefully he'll move forward finally, everyone needs to.

Words of a mature man, I like that. Always best to let things go and move on with your life. And if it's not really going to affect your life in the next 10 years, what's the point of holding onto it? The only person it makes miserable is yourself.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.