Official Ruinous Shards Release Topic

haddockd

IT'S TIME!

I am finally releasing my mod Ruinous Shards!   Updated to version 1.04

If you want to check out the screenshots and info, see this topic:

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/3086-the-legend-of-zelda-ruinous-shards-updated-02242015/

If you have any comments or issues, please post them in the linked thread below:

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/3176-ruinous-shards-feedback-and-issues/

This topic is for any updates I make or anything that doesn't fit in the above 2 links.

And without any further delay... HERE IT IS!

It includes a document that contains spoilers but also has all the changes I made :)

v1.0 = Release

v1.01 = new kokiri sword texture, text fix for deku shield and fixed navi spot in deku tree

v1.02 = Collision didn't match texture on Kakariko well allowing you to fall in before blowing up boulder. Fixed.

v1.03 = Moved Mido to block the Sacred Meadow and removed all boulders and bombchus from jabu jabu's belly to ensure proper order

v1.04 = Apparently my entrance to the Riddle of Time Dungeon is no longer an exit...fixed

There needs to be an official thanks for this mod. Without the people below, this mod would either not be released or be of inferior quality:

Awesome People:

Jason777 for absolutely everything man...he was the single most important ASM and hex resource for me. Without him I wouldn't have a custom dungeon, a replacement BigGoron sword or any custom warps...Jason you f*cking rock man! Also for the creation of ZAO-ADD as well...is there anything you cant do you stud?!?!? haha

Airikita for basic and hex editing advice on many issues.

MelonSpeedruns for texture assistance and removing debug functions.

Ideka for creating textures and various assistance.

xDaniel for waypoint and hex issues as well as SceneNavi which is one hell of a tool.

CDi-Fails for creating the logo and most of the new textures for this mod. He was instrumental to most of the textures in this mod.

Test for testing so many betas along the way. He put up with a lot of issues along the way but persevered.

CloudMax for his Texture Exporter which made texture replacement possible and easy

JSA for ZAP2 and ZLE2 which helped for some of the mod

Cooliscool (no longer active) for Utility of Time. It may be flawed but if you know how to use it, it can be one hell of a tool!

There are others that assisted in the music, text and damage modifier additions I made years ago but I do not remember who assisted me and ZSO is down forever soooo.... Even though I don't remember who they were, thank you all for making this mod possible!

Copyright: You are free to play this mod and modify/use it in any way you see fit but I expect credit to be given where it is due. :)

• Like 7

Sorry to be a bit of a spoilsport, but as per the Terms of Service - "Warez are strictly prohibited. Enough said." -, I'd like to ask that you replace the ROM in the release archive with a patch for the appropriate original ROM.

That said, once I get the chance to (that is, when time and other IRL stuff allow it), I'll be sure to try it out :)

Edit, disregard my post, this has been cleared up, everything's fine.

Edited by xdaniel
Disregard this

Nope, it's working perfectly fine for me.

MediaFire will be right back!

Don't worry! Your data is safe and secure. Our website is having a problem or we're down for some quick maintenance. Our crack-team of media engineers is working hard to get us back up and running.

Check back soon!"

I'm wondering if they blocked my IP... I do have an account on there.

==========================================

EDIT:

--------

False alarm, just needed to reset chrome... I visited Mediafire during maintenance one day, and Chrome has a known issue with caching sometimes... I guess it didn't reset because the cache was stuck. It works now.

<quote>Sorry to be a bit of a spoilsport, but as per the Terms of Service - "Warez are strictly prohibited. Enough said." -, I'd like to ask that you replace the ROM in the release archive with a patch for the appropriate original ROM.

That said, once I get the chance to (that is, when time and other IRL stuff allow it), I'll be sure to try it out  :) </quote>

I am sending you a PM xDan :)

I sure will be playing this one B-) Isn't this like the first full zoldo hack in 2 years(since Voyager of Time)? Awesome work on getting it completed, now we'll just have to bring attention to it.

I suggest (if you haven't already done it) posting threads about this in multiple forums that may have interest in it, like Zelda Universe, Zelda Speedruns, Zelda Dungeon etc. And again: awesome work on actually getting this project done. That seems to have been a rare quality among Zelda modders through the years.

Why use wii64 to begin with? IF you have a modded wii, you should be able to just inject the mod into a wad? That has a much greater chance of working.

I strongly recall it being possible to inject the debug ROM, but I don't remember which game you have to inject it over. A quick search should give you some results.

Anyway, this looks very promising! Though I probably won't try it for a while. Barely play games anymore. Going to hook up my n64 & everdrive and try it out when I finally feel like playing some games though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.