Majora's Mask Master Quest

DeathBasket

What you can expect: Much like what Nintendo did with Master Quest for Ocarina of Time, my main goal was to rework the four core dungeons from the game. In addition to this, there are some changes to overworld areas and to some of the side dungeons, but nothing too extensive. Text has been updated to reflect these changes where necessary. While I don't consider this to really be a full-blown hack of the game, it's likely that you won't be able to play it in the same way you'd play the original. Glitches are not required to complete any puzzles or to beat the game but I have made no effort to patch any of them.

Estimated progress: 100%

Release formats: 32MB N64 ROM (hardware compatible), Wii channel for Virtual Console users

Downloads: http://pastebin.com/RLzh6FpJ (updated to v1.1)

Screenshots/trailer: None, maybe I'll add some soon.

From what I've heard from the people who have played so far, this can be pretty difficult to beat. My advice for playing would be to not treat it the same as normal Majora's Mask; puzzles might not always have obvious solutions, items might not always be in the place you'd expect, switches might not behave the same way, etc. I didn't think anything I did would be too hard to figure out but it's different when you're making it I guess.

I would like to thank xdaniel btw because SceneNavi has been incredibly useful and reliable throughout my time working on this, it's a very good tool.

• Like 11

Okay, I'm looking forward to this.  But could I suggest one thing?

That you at least edit the major side dungeons about as much as the main ones. Like Beneath the Well and Ikana Castle.  This is because in Ocarina of Time's Master Quest, they significantly revamped both the Ice Cavern and Bottom of the Well, so it seems rather odd not to do the same for their Majora's Mask equivalents.

Just because I'm curious, will enemies be dealing double damage like in OoT Master Quest?

This is a pretty easy feature to add. I've thought about it for a while but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

That you at least edit the major side dungeons about as much as the main ones. Like Beneath the Well and Ikana Castle.  This is because in Ocarina of Time's Master Quest, they significantly revamped both the Ice Cavern and Bottom of the Well, so it seems rather odd not to do the same for their Majora's Mask equivalents.

I have plans for those but not for things like skulltula houses or the moon trials. This may change, as I mentioned.

Hi! I'm interested in making a full custom Wii Channel with animations and images.

I can handle this myself but thank you for the offer!

By the way, do you still use Skype?

I haven't used it in a long time and I don't plan to really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put a link up yesterday but I didn't 'officially' update the thread since I was pretty sure people would find things that would have to be fixed early on (turned out to be true, as always). Right now almost everything works the way I want it to as far as I can tell and I'm happy with this version. I may update again if something really major is found that ex. makes a dungeon unbeatable or crashes the game. For now, it should be fine and completely playable.

If you did download the old one, I would recommend that you update since there was a switch I missed that could get set in Stone Tower Temple and would prevent you from completing a later room (and the dungeon itself).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.