SharpOcarina and texturing errors.

JabuJabule

Question

So I made a map in Google sketchup. I pulled the textures to my fitting to fit the walls and such. However, when I tried to import the textures into SharpOcarina, it told me almost every texture was an odd number, and it wouldn't load them. Does anyone have an idea why this happened? Does this mean I have to retexture the entire map? :(

11 answers to this question

I think I've encountered this before - SketchUp creating new, stretched textures with odd dimensions on export, when textures were stretched/distorted by the user - but I don't really know how to fix this off-hand. Looking around, this seems to be about the same thing or related: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/sketchup/efGIerMxKZs/hCnVqC-zwYkJ

OoT, and the N64 in general, only supports the texture dimensions Jason mentioned, as per the Readme of SharpOcarina. SketchUp, however, might create new, stretched textures when you texture a model and export it to .obj format, which have different dimensions compared to your original textures. Those new textures then don't adhere to SO's/the N64's requirements anymore, so SO complains about them and won't load the model.

Only thing I can think of right now is retexturing the model, keeping the tips from the thread I linked to in mind (i.e. editing/distorting textures as needed before using them, not changing all the texture pins in SketchUp, etc.) But maybe someone else with more SketchUp experience has another idea, so I'd wait a bit longer and not throw out all your texturing work just yet.

• Like 1

Not much of a help, but I just wanted to say that I've found where this (or something similar) has happened for me: I was trying to make custom maps during 2011, and one "dungeon entrance" I was working on ended up with oddly dimensioned textures after exporting - I have a 24x46, a 33x64 and a 17x64 texture in that old folder, none of which I made on purpose, but apparently via SketchUp when texturing the model.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.