DO NOT MOVE GAMEPLAY_KEEP!!!

Airikita

Question

10 answers to this question

why you don't tell me before?................

link-facepalm.jpg

I just found out today... and I feel your pain.  D:

I have code hooks and custom actors where gameplay_keep used to be.

-------------------------------------

EDIT:

------

It seems to affect some things... mostly the orb Navi uses, and the glow effect. I don't know what else it will affect...

• Like 1

When you moved Gameplay_keep did you also change its location in the File table and DMA Table as well and fixed the CRC?

Yup, something else is fixing it... everything else seems fine except for Navi's orb and the glow effect.... not sure what else was affected.

Side note:  

Airikita aside(she knows better now) the rest of you quit blaming the DMA table. Use NO_DMA.ppf and it won't be an issue.

Anyways...

THAT'S IT THAT'S ITTTTTTTTT!

@B9E6C0 : 14 is object_link_boy, and 15 is object_link_child...  these are special, and will be needed for my MOD.  Good thing we rediscovered them again. :)

@B9E6C6 0x192 is the number of objects to load!!!!

@B9E6D0 OBJ\Group 01 *is* gameplay_keep

00F5E000-00FB47B0 : data   : gameplay_keep

So, it loads exactly like any .OBJ file right?  So it must use the actor panels(list of actors loaded in RAM) to point to the RAM offsets for all resources stored in it....

In other words, you can edit the RAM offsets of it just like you can move the RAM offsets for other .OBJ.

I know it's possible!  I've used this technique myself to create duplicate modified actors before.

I'm actually beginning to think it's from my RAM Expansion hack, but I'm not sure... fkualol: did you 00-out the old location? Remember, my gameplay_keep spot (the old spot) was erased. You might have moved it, but left the old gameplay_keep still there. My issue seems to be that I erased the old gameplay_keep and moved it so I could make it bigger.

EDIT:

I could also blame the fact that I'm using a counterfeit ED64Plus, but eh... maybe anyone with a better Everdrvie64 can try.

Like I said, I zeroed out the old file just to make sure that it was loading the newly pointed gameplay_keep. I don't know how your RAM Expansion hack works but making gameplay_keep bigger may introduce problems. This isn't OoT related but if you make Child Link's object file larger in MM, it ends up overwriting scene/map data in RAM, which then causes various glitches depending on the scene you enter.

I haven't been paying much attention to the forums lately, but if you could lead me to your RAM Expansion hack then I could test it out on my ED64, if you want.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.