Jet Force Gemini Unofficial Sequel

SirZandro

So I actually came across this project a while ago. I am a huge fan of Jet Force Gemini for the N64, and was surprised when I came across this. I actually have been following it for a while now and I don't know if any of you have either, but it seems like its coming along nicely. The graphic style is different, and the movement animation could be a little better (although I think they are going to improve upon it) but overall I find it still quite creative and nostalgic. They are adding their own ideas that fit the universe well. So any JFG fans might appreciate this if you haven't already heard of it.

Here is a link to the blog... --> http://jetforcegeminiresurrection.blogspot.com/ They have footage on YouTube and a facebook page if you want to keep up with it further.

• Like 1

Jet Force Gemini is one of a handful of N64 titles I always wish I had played as a youngin'. Rented it once and loaded someone's save file. Had no idea what I was doing and generally didn't enjoy the gameplay. Still, it was Rare, and Rare + N64 = magic, so it must be good.

I miss the golden days of Rareware, though I'm probably preaching to the choir with such a sentiment.

I have fond, foggy memories of DK64. Only rented it once or twice and didn't play much; just loaded someone else's save file and explored some structures at sea. It left, again, foggy memories but not bad ones—and I repeat 'foggy' because the game is super dense with fog because of draw distances or whatever. I think one thing that surprisingly turned me off back then was how similar it was to Banjo-Kazooie. I fully understood that Rare were the developers behind both games so of course it could/did resemble BK, but it did so... too much—to the point I felt the game suffered from borrowing invented elements from BK without innovating much on its own. Of course, I didn't play enough of the game to carve a proper review, but elements like this:

1129586-dk64es7.jpg

The character pad. Oh well, whatever. I loved Star Fox Adventures and that just expanded on a lot that Rare explored in BK, BT, DK64, and probably GFJ as well. I firmly thought that SFA would develop into its own subseries, but it was a one-hit wonder. Beautiful game. I've still got my copy, so maybe I'll give it a whirl sometime. As I remember it, it felt like equal parts Zelda and Jak & Daxter, playing like the former and looking like the latter. Damn, gaming memories... I am getting freaking nostalgic. Gonna start tearing up soon.

Rampage World Tour

Buck Bumble

Blastcorps

Rocket: Robot on Wheels

Clayfighter 63 1/3

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon

Tonic Trouble

Space Station Silicon Valley

B.I.O.F.R.E.A.K.S. (retarded)

Dark Rift (awesome, but awful)

Nightmare Creatures

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Sonic Adventure 2 motherfucking Battle Treasure Hunt & raising and punishing Chaos in Chao hell 4ever.

I'm gonna stop there.

• Like 1

I've never played or seen this game before, but it reminds me of a steam game... the graphics are top notch for a N64 game.

Most people haven't played it, due to the fact that it came around at the end of the N64's life span. I think it was a great game! Yes it had its flaws, but overall I found it to be quite enjoyable, and it was definitely original for its time. I think it's sad that most people didn't get to experience it like I did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.