Blood in Zelda Games

Conker

Thanks, I'll work on them.

A couple things:

I'm not sure if you can actually hit octoroks with anything that would gush blood, I may be wrong though.

I feel that BigOcto should bleed blue - maybe it already does. Don't ask me why.

@Spire: I haven't actually tried anything, but there is a possibility of making NPCs bleed too, of course without any real damage. No harm trying.

Someone should make the horses in Lon Lon Ranch killable. Give them the most blood to spurt. Time to slice up some equine fillet!

/awful idea

/why not

o u maek mii lel

Thanks, I'll work on them.

A couple things:

I'm not sure if you can actually hit octoroks with anything that would gush blood, I may be wrong though.

I feel that BigOcto should bleed blue - maybe it already does. Don't ask me why.

@Spire: I haven't actually tried anything, but there is a possibility of making NPCs bleed too, of course without any real damage. No harm trying.

Do whatever you feel needs doing, man. Really looking forward to this. :D

I was just being absurd for the fun of it.

Why do I feel like I'm being mocked over something so innocent? :|

I'm not deliberately trying to.

More to the topic though, my gut feeling is that there shouldn't be blood in Zelda, but I don't exactly understand why I feel this way since as you pointed out Ocarina of Time quite obviously had enemies that bleed yet you can hardly call the game a gore fest.

why does having blood automatically make it have to be a gore fest?

its like the people that don't want blood act like the game would be as violent as dead space or something.

its like its all or nothing to everyone, some blood particles when you hit something with a razor sharp magical sword would be very nice. especially with the fact that link looks best when he looks like a kickass anime character.

and seriously, who the hell even cares if it got an M rating. nobody follows the game rating system. nobody at all.

• Like 2

why does having blood automatically make it have to be a gore fest?

its like the people that don't want blood act like the game would be as violent as dead space or something.

its like its all or nothing to everyone, some blood particles when you hit something with a razor sharp magical sword would be very nice. especially with the fact that link looks best when he looks like a kickass anime character.

and seriously, who the hell even cares if it got an M rating. nobody follows the game rating system. nobody at all.

Because all I can see is Twinrova spewing blood from her chest when you hit her, or the Skullkid bleeding... it becomes VERY uncomfortable when you consider what you're going to fight.

Sure, I can see blood on some things, but the enemies in OoT were never made for gore. If Nintendo put blood on Keese or Guays or Cuccos, it would have PETA on their asses. It just doesn't fit. (Even though PETA already went on Nintendo's ass over Cuccos I think?)

• Like 1

Zelda has never really been known for a consistent and logical use of blood effects, and I think that's what people opposed to the idea of Strati's mod are getting at. I personally am inclined toward that mindset as well; I just don't think it would really be a Zelda game, and I don't see realism as a necessity for a game that is intended to take place in a fantasy world. That said, if someone is intent on making a mod to incorporate said realism, then by all means. No one is being forced to use it, although I would recommend creating a separate thread for it so people seeking a debate aren't subjected to possibly gory images they don't particularly want to see.

• Like 1

Zelda has never really been known for a consistent and logical use of blood effects, and I think that's what people opposed to the idea of Strati's mod are getting at. I personally am inclined toward that mindset as well; I just don't think it would really be a Zelda game, and I don't see realism as a necessity for a game that is intended to take place in a fantasy world. That said, if someone is intent on making a mod to incorporate said realism, then by all means. No one is being forced to use it, although I would recommend creating a separate thread for it so people seeking a debate aren't subjected to possibly gory images they don't particularly want to see.

I'm going to say it again: it's not about realism, it's about complete and total inconsistency. It's either you go all the way or you don't go at all, otherwise it's just dumb.

There's nothing wrong with fixing mistakes (I still consider it such), and adding in more blood doesn't make it NOT a Zelda game. I mean, I'm sorry, Secant, and I mean no offense when I say this, but I find that statement dumb. :|

There are plenty of other things you can do to a Zelda game to make it NOT one, but more enemies bleeding? Nope, that is not one. At all.

Also, it's a debate about blood in Zelda games. Bloody pictures are bound to be posted.

Yeah they're not adding more blood because it wouldn't be a kid friendly game if they did. The kids are the money makers, although they could make a decent amount just selling it to the older fans. If you said blood in a Mario game would not be suitable that's different. Mario never had a boss impaled, no one was stabbed in the gut in any Mario. There was also nothing as dark as the Shadow Temple, or Inside the well as there was in a Mario game.

Zelda has had some pretty dark shit, and I'm not talking about the stuff that was read into so much in Majora's Mask, crap that takes thinking about, other than just seeing blood and junk in the Shadow Temple, and creepy music that you automatically see and think "That's dark/creepy/maybe even scary".

It's a fantasy game that is set in the Iron/Steel age... well most Zelda titles.

It's got something about it that makes it appeal to adults more than it does Mario, or Kirby, or most other Nintendo titles.

Not saying that any of those other games aren't liked by adults at all. Though they are more kidish.

There's litterally no one that could tell me otherwise, and if anyone does, try to remember all the creepy shit, all the blood, violence, and everything that was in every Zelda title we've seen before. Twilight Princess and OoT have the kind of storys and art styles that could pull off the blood.

Scenes like this- Did we really have to be spared that killing? For what? Because it would no longer be a kids game?

• Like 1

Yeah they're not adding more blood because it wouldn't be a kid friendly game if they did. The kids are the money makers, although they could make a decent amount just selling it to the older fans. If you said blood in a Mario game would not be suitable that's different. Mario never had a boss impaled, no one was stabbed in the gut in any Mario. There was also nothing as dark as the Shadow Temple, or Inside the well as there was in a Mario game.

Zelda has had some pretty dark shit, and I'm not talking about the stuff that was read into so much in Majora's Mask, crap that takes thinking about, other than just seeing blood and junk in the Shadow Temple, and creepy music that you automatically see and think "That's dark/creepy/maybe even scary".

It's a fantasy game that is set in the Iron/Steel age... well most Zelda titles.

It's got something about it that makes it appeal to adults more than it does Mario, or Kirby, or most other Nintendo titles.

Not saying that any of those other games aren't liked by adults at all. Though they are more kidish.

There's litterally no one that could tell me otherwise, and if anyone does, try to remember all the creepy shit, all the blood, violence, and everything that was in every Zelda title we've seen before. Twilight Princess and OoT have the kind of storys and art styles that could pull off the blood.

Scenes like this- Did we really have to be spared that killing? For what? Because it would no longer be a kids game?

Yes, but Zelda has a lot of religious undertones, so the idea of showing blood and killing would be sinful. It's a journey of lessons, and Zelda does it diligently. But I do agree TP can pull off blood, but I just don't see it fit for OoT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.