Making your own title screen logo and more

HeavyZ

Question

I could just ask someone personally through PM how to do this, but I figure that it should be documented better for other people who don't know how to do this. There is a thread already, but it doesn't say too much.I know how to do this mostly though I've had trouble with the logo, and with ZLE2 everytime I try to open the import texture application in ZLE2 I get a "Run-Time error '53' File not Found" message, and it won't work. Also the problem with resizing the logo to 160x160 the logo becomes very pixelated and blurry, mostly because the image was so huge to begin with. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypjw80119eyueih/Rebirth.zip Here's my logo stuff. Really I just want to port in the logo with everything over just the "Zelda" logo and somehow get rid of the others already in the game.. specifically the "The legend of" and the Ocarina of Time" and the "Master quest" logo. So my main questions are:1. How do I do it with another program other than ZLE2, or how do I get around the problem I'm having with ZLE2?2. How do I resize the image for the logo without it being so blurry, and does it really have to be 160 width, and 160 height for the "Zelda" part of the logo?3. How do I get rid of the other logo's without porting another one over them? 

more questions that aren't really as big as a priority as finding out the answer's to the rest are:

1. How do I change the cutscene used for the title screen?2. How should a texture look like for the mask effect behind the logo? Just one solid color? I have no idea.

Here are some notes I've found on the other thread for custom logos here in the GCN. Credit for them goes to xdaniel.

MQ Debug ROM, object_mag:0x000000: ZELDA logo (32-bit RGBA)0x019000: Nintendo copyrights, two versions (8-bit I? IA?)0x01A400: MASTER QUEST + Ocarina icon (32-bit RGBA)0x01E400: Ura triangle icon (32-bit RGBA)0x01FD00: "Disk" tag (8-bit I? IA?)0x020000: Logo background (4-bit I? IA?)0x024C00: "THE LEGEND OF" text (8-bit I? IA?)0x024E40: "OCARINA OF TIMEâ„¢" text (8-bit I? IA?)0x025140: "Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina" text (8-bit I? IA?)EOFThe logo at the startup screen is a texture in object_mag.You can always get ZLE2 to dump the textures, but you will need tga2i4, tga2rgba32, and tga2i8.

This is the offset for the title screen logo: 017F7000 - 0181C940

This is what Airikita told me a long time ago when I asked her how to do it, so credit goes to her for this:

The logo at the startup screen is a texture in object_mag. You can always get ZLE2 to dump the textures, but you will need tga2i4, tga2rgba32, and tga2i8.I'm pretty sure that the logo is 160x160 rgba32, the textures for "The Legend of" and "Ocarina of Time" are i8, and the mask for the effect behind the logo is 64x64 i4 textures.I'll try to get some info for some tutorials for texture editing as SoulofDeity created those converters, but you will need to download GIMP to convert your textures when you edit this.He also mentioned these steps before converting textures with his programs in GIMP:1. make sure your image mode is set to RGB.2. Add a transparency/alpha layer.3. When converting to tga, make sure that RLE Compression is unchecked.Also, for i4 files they have to be about 64x64 in size, otherwise his coverters cause errors when converting.

and here is the page with SoD's tools to convert the images:

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2251-sods-software/

5 answers to this question

Personally I used Image Magick to convert my pngs into the proper formats and a hex editor to copypaste 'm in for Dungeon Rush. Getting rid of the "The Legend of" and "Ocarina of Time" logos is just a matter of zeroing all the byte that make up those two textures.

As for editing the cutscene, there aren't any real tools to do it other than the debug camera and the cutscene documentation. 

Cool, what was the width, and height of the image you used for the main logo? Does it have to be 160x160?

If I were importing it with a program instead of hex, I would hope that the program fixed the size or something, but if I do it with hex I'm sure it has to be at least around a certain size if not exact.

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to get this logo working? the file is too big in hex to copy over the original logo and I can't use the ZLE2 texture importer. I exported a jpg copy just to upload and show this. The link for the download is the logo raw file, it's been converted with SoDs tga2rgba32 program.

The image has been done right as far as I know, it's 160x160 it was converted from rgb32 tga to RAW, but it's too big in hex.

Edited: I forgot to mention too that it has an alpha transparency layer. Idk why it has a white background in the image I uploaded to show.

Posted Image

http://www.filedropper.com/rebirth_2

Note:I have not yet added in the "The legend of" and "Rebirth" text into the logo

Edited:

I've gotten the logo in, nothing was wrong with it, I just tried to paste over too much hex data... I felt dumb when I realized how simple it was. Got almost everything done for the logo. I just have to mess around and find the offsets for the MASTER QUEST + Ocarina icon and the Nintendo copyrights logo's

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.