Ocarina of Time Soundfont UPDATE!

punk7890

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I've now updated my Ocarina of Time soundfont to contain all instruments and correct instrument
splits that were previously missing. I've fixed all loop points and cross fading looping is now enabled on instruments such as, Jazz Guitar, Nylon Guitar, Harps, Madola, Piano etc.

Patch 41 and 30 are reworked and patches 65-72 are new. The Jazz Guitar seems slightly off still. Can't seem to get it right. Lots of tweaking went into this so let me know if anything is out of place.

Happy composing!

http://filewinds.com/qkst18yhd6ad/OoT_2.01.sf2.html

• Like 4

Well I think part of what it is used for Darth is so that the music modifier for OoT can more easily hear what their pieces are going to sound like when put in game, a separate one, I would imagine, would be made for Majora's Mask, as not to confuse the music modifier in possibilities.

For completion sake, I'll consider it for a later time but there's really not that much difference from OoT instruments and MM. Only a few.  I'll probably just combine OoT+MM and label it as such so that composers know that it might not fit into OoT but still have a stand alone OoT soundfont still.

• Like 2

For completion sake, I'll consider it for a later time but there's really not that much difference from OoT instruments and MM. Only a few.  I'll probably just combine OoT+MM and label it as such so that composers know that it might not fit into OoT but still have a stand alone OoT soundfont still.

Works for me. Thank you so much for this!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested in old video game samples and such. Me, exiter and dj4uk6cjm over at Glitchkill have been uploading various old samples and I am working on finding all the original samples to Zelda 64. You can view what we have so far at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz8PWXTWctXKNlpVelUySUZrNHc&usp=sharing We'll be actively uploading so you can view the thread or simply PM me your Google Account email so I can add you to the list so you can get real time updates.

Sample & Bank collections

And the Zelda 64 sample folder:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz8PWXTWctXKRUI5YkFYaHNPdHM&usp=sharing&tid=0Bz8PWXTWctXKNlpVelUySUZrNHc

• 1 month later...

I can't speak for punk, but I do know that you can use it to make songs in the style of Ocarina of Time using its actual instruments. But yes, you could test songs using its instruments as well, if you're planning on importing. I can't elaborate any further on that, though, since my knowledge of music-importing is limited at best.

• Like 1

Just a word of warning, Airikita. I've run into a few times where the instruments sound much higher in the game as opposed to it when testing with the soundfont. Something that I had sounding good in SynthFont sounded HORRIBLE in the game so just a word of caution if you decide to venture in with it.

I'm not sure if all the instruments are correctly tuned. I keep meaning to go over the instruments and make an exactly mapped sf2, but other things are currently a higher priority. If instruments come out too high/low, simply transpose them an octave or two one way or the other.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.