Thoughts on Game Grumps drama?

Conker

For those who do not know(and if you're a Game Grumps fan, I have no idea how you cannot know), JonTron recently left GameGrumps to focus on his YouTube channel, to deliver new JonTron episodes, or whatever else he may do.

As a result, Danny of Ninja Sex Party took his place, and a new series was started on the Game Grumps channel, Steam Train, to run alongside regular old Game Grumps.

Steam train stars Danny and RubberRoss, and they pretty much play old and new PC games(hence the name, Steam Train).

So, my question is, what do other Game Grumps fans here on the GCN think of everything that went down?

Personally, I'm fine with it; it was quite a lot to take in at first, yeah, because Jon was my favorite Grump and I mostly watched for him, and Steam Train's first episode(Hotline Miami) was absolutely horrible. So far, though, Danny is doing pretty well, and even Steam Train is starting to get good(in my opinion, at least).

Not only that, I'm very happy Jon is going to resume making content for his channel, and he should damn well be able to do what he want, I say.

Fuck it if some people say otherwise, I support his decision, and I'm excited to see some more JonTron Show stuff.

• Like 1

I heard Steam Train was already in the works. I think they maybe should have released it before Jon left so people wouldn't make such a hubub about it. Personally, Grumps started getting a bit stale for me, especially when the game would give them an instruction and they were too busy pratting around, ignored it and then spent 10 minutes wondering what to do. I'm happy Jon has gon back to concentrate on his own thing because there is not enough JonTron! I miss Jaque!

• Like 1

Jon got old on GG, but that's not really his fault: his stylings tend to work better when they've been refined with time (i.e. being scripted), so I'm really looking forward to more JonTron Show.

As for GG itself, I used to enjoy them, but then they got stale (e.g. their talk became less and less relevant to the games they played and they kept trying too hard to be wacky and silly, to the point where they don't pay attention to in-game info that they evidently need), and frankly, Ego's increasingly incessant whining about how 80% of games post-2001 are terrible because they don't follow his antiquated school of game design got on my nerves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.