OOT Rebirth Hack

HeavyZ

Looking good so far. The reason why're you're having trouble giving the Ghoma reasonable speeds is because they are float values :P

Eventually, I'll teach you how to modify speed values correctly and the colors of her model.

*psst* *shows you the tutorial thread* *whispers* This would be a great thing for it.

Looking good so far. The reason why're you're having trouble giving the Ghoma reasonable speeds is because they are float values :PEventually, I'll teach you how to modify speed values correctly and the colors of her model.

Ohh ok. I should have recorded the speed she was going haha. She "bugged out" litterally, started running in circles all over the ceiling, and wouldn't come down.

And sounds good, I will be ready to learn your zelda hacking ways Sensei Jason Sama.

Looking good so far. The reason why're you're having trouble giving the Ghoma reasonable speeds is because they are float values :PEventually, I'll teach you how to modify speed values correctly and the colors of her model.

*psst* *shows you the tutorial thread* *whispers* This would be a great thing for it.

Lulz

I always thought Gohma was a bit of a joke. Even for a first boss. I mean, even Odolwa was harder in my opinion!  In fact she stays knocked out too long as well I think. Can you decrease the time from when you hit her with the slingshot and she goes down to the time she recovers and is back up on the walls?

I always thought Gohma was a bit of a joke. Even for a first boss. I mean, even Odolwa was harder in my opinion!  In fact she stays knocked out too long as well I think. Can you decrease the time from when you hit her with the slingshot and she goes down to the time she recovers and is back up on the walls?

I could if I found the speed offset for it. Right now I only know a few speed offsets, climbing up the wall speed, the clinging to the ceiling speed, and the speed that she goes when walking toward link. I'm starting to understand a little how to find where is what in MIPS Assembly from Jason777's notes and mini tutorials that he has posted in different threads here.  The speed that she would be getting up off the ground shouldn't need to be sped up though because her health has been increased times 10.6. Plus it's fun to hack at her for the period of time you are able too.

Her original health was 0A which equeals 10 so I made her health 6A which is 106. I do want to speed up how fast she can attack, and later I should be able to do that, and change the speeds for other things a little more.

I am definitely going to be speeding up other enemies/bosses and giving them health boost as well. Maybe even attack boost, but not as much as a dramatic increase for health as I am doing the bosses. My main goal is to make the entire game difficult, puzzles, enemies, and bosses. I'm just trying to keep it from being impossibly hard.. just close to it.

• Like 1

Would anyone be interested in helping me out? I need a patch made to turn this into the start up screen logo in the OoT debug rom. Probably something similar, but a little different. I was told it had to be converted to 160x160 just the logo not the "The legend of" and "Ocarina of time part, but when I converted the image it looked too fat :/

I've never used Gimp before until recently, or even tried using the other tools to get things done.. Doing everything I am now is keeping me busy enough, and the list of things I have to learn is just growing bigger, and bigger.

Trying to learn MIPS Assembly a little. Along with how to customize the way a switch works. It's all giving me a headache, and making this logo just seems a little overly complicated, or at least to me.

I'd like to make the background effect for the logo golden colored, and have it resemble what I have in the picture.

Posted Image

Great logo heavy, looks amazing!

I came by to give you a tip - if you mess with the float values from my Ocarina AI Value Editor/Changer, you should be able to speed up Gohma's animations, which can really intimidate the player.

It's up to you, but you can add it to your speed boost to make Gohma quite frightening.

Wish I could find a midi of this song so frigin bad! I could think of a few places I could use this in my project. There's a lot of midi's for other Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess songs, but they all sound so bad, or most of them. I'm tired of running accross horribly made Zelda midis by incompetent people.

I could use a composer to make some songs I couldn't find.

A preview of the Deku Tree Dungeon. First time messing with the program I recorded, and edited this with. Next time the quality of the video, and audio will be better.

Thanks to Three_Pendants, Jason777, Airikita, and Gaidrosich for all the help when I had trouble with the project.

• Like 2

For the most part yes, when it comes to making switches, and dropped chest that's another story. If theirs a switch that drops a chest in a room I can change the contents of the chest, and in some cases the type of switch. Sometimes even if I change the 0 end vairable number to a 2 the switch remains a floor switch. If I try to copy a switch and chest into another room it will not work, even if I do not edit the vairables. I tried the same method for doing math for the doors and switches, but I ran into the problem that I cannot add more than one "0" into the calculater if I want to put in 000A or whatever in for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've gotten a music artist to work on songs for Project Rebith! he is the official composer for any songs that I might not have gotten off the internet and he will be credited for each one individually that he does so that there is no confusion, and plus ya know credit needs to be given where it's due :P

He is DJ Helyxx, he's a member of the GCN, and he has already been working on the project with me for a little while now.

I decided not to show off any WIP's that he has and any other stuff that might go into the project until later, but you can look forward to it soon.

Here is his SoundCloud separate from Project Rebirth.

https://soundcloud.com/helyxx

So yeah. Totally stoked to be working on this project with Heavy here. The Legend Of Zelda has been a huge part of my life since I was five years old and I spent hours upon hours with my cousin playing A Link To The Past. This forum is a huge part of the reason I became a music producer in the first place actually. People may be sick of hearing about it at this point - but a few years ago when I was researching URA and Zelda 64 I came across The Ura Project, and when I heard Nitroflashers original songs for the Wind and Ice Temples - I just fell in love with music production. Two years later, I'm listed on the Reverbnation Top 100 Charts for Dubstep, and Number One in Oklahoma Dubstep according to Reverbnation. Never saw that coming. I've dreamed of taking part in a project like this for years now, but I've never had the skill set to actually create mods or hacks myself. Being a part of this project is amazing, I'm finally living my dream - composing music for a game - being part of a Zelda game - and creating music that other people can listen to and enjoy. 

We have big ideas for this project, and the more people that we can get psyched for it the better. :)

My soundcloud account is posted above, but it's mostly my electronic stuff, a song I have finished for the project can be found here:

soundcloud.com/helyxx/the-legend-of-zelda-rebirth

I hope we spark the interest of at least a few of you :)

• Like 1

Well I didn't want to share that until a little later because I didn't want people to think we were going to use all of those songs in the game... but Helyxx did work hard on what he has done. Right now I'm only sure that we are going to use the Ending Credits Part 1 and combine it with the other parts later for the ending.

The trumpet in the Lost Woods had been changed to an Arco, but I think that I might keep the Lost Woods music the same as it was before in the game. Simply because I forgot about the part when you play Duarnia Saria's song, and then it plays whatever song is set for the Lost Woods.

Well apparently I ran out of space to port music into my rom so I think I gotta start fresh and be more careful. Unless there is a way to free space for music.. I don't know. When I try to port a song into my hack it doesn't work, but when I try to port it into the clean debug rom it does :/

I swear it's like I have the worst luck anyone could have.

...I'll just do everything I've done before. It will all get done faster than it did originally.

I think the reason why it won't let me port anymore music into the game is because I would just keep inserting seq, and zset files into the rom (Mostly zset) when I got the instrument set wrong. It was a trial and error process. Next time I'll just copy the rom, and once I know everything works and I got the instrument set exactly how it should be then I'll just got another copy of my rom and insert everything....

Edited:

My plan will be to work only on the music, and once I've finished that I will work on the dungeons, and editing the text.

Yeah, but I've decided to use a different song for when the Great Deku Tree speaks.

Anyways I'll say it again just so everyone know I've decided to do only the music replacements until I've done them all. This is to make sure that I don't loose a lot of progress like I did before.

I'm waiting on DJ Helyxx to get back with me and give me a few songs I've had him work on then I'll be able to show off a whole bunch of new music in the game. I may have a few songs I can do until then, but it may be another week or so until he sends me the stuff.

Here's Lake Hylia's new song. I even showed at the end that I was able to make it so the new song didn't mess with the one I had in Hyrule Field.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, not long before I release my mod as a One Dungeon Demo. Why do I say Demo you ask? Because for one it's a really short mod, and for two I may end up picking the project back up later on. Though it is not a promise.

I can't say how long exactly it will take me, it may be a few more days. I realize how unproffesional it was to state that it would be released sooner, but things got in the way. Since then I've decided to redo my first dungeon now that I've had more experience, and it's a lot better. I've even made changes to the Lost Woods, and I plan to start doing something that will make good use of the Lost Woods in my project.

DJ Helyxx no longer wants to do the music for the hack, he simply said that he was too busy and that's alright. After trial and error I've finally found a decent midi editor that had plenty of features as well as being nooby friendly.

Another reason it's taken me so long just to get this much done is because I had to use my old rom to manually put stuff into a new one I'm using. Remaking an entire dungeon, Kokiri Forest, and Lost Woods takes a lot of time, especially when you add on to what was their previously. Not to mention all of the little things I've hacked like health, speed, and damage values for enemies/bosses.

I don't think I've mentioned either the new sword attack animations I've arranged.

I think Being so close to releasing my mod  adds on to the amount of happiness I get from modding it, I really like some of the recent decision I've made for the music as well as the plans I have for the Lost Woods.

I do hope that as many people as possible play this, because even though it's my mod and I might even be a bit byast, I really do think that this is going to be a fun new experience for anyone who loves OoT.

Special thanks to everyone who has helped me so far. I'll go on to credit you all later once the project is finished.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.