YOUR OPINION: Navi or Fi?

Conker

Navi or Fi?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the better companion?

• Navi
    • Fi

I didn't ignore the explanation, that was the ending cutscene. Everyone knows about the ending cutscene. Did you read my response at all?

And apologies about the "Navi did not bug you way more than Fi", that was a typo. I meant me, but was thinking about you in your post.

You can't help but have Fi spoil puzzles, she freakin' POPS UP before giving you the chance to.

I acknowledge that Fi has more of a personality than Navi (to me), but that doesn't mean she has a good personality, or much of one.

Whether or not you tune them out doesn't mean that they aren't there. It's insulting to a player to have a sidekick come in and say "hey, you're health is low, might be a good idea to get some". She even does it in HERO MODE for crying out loud, when there aren't any hearts available, and she even SAYS this. "oh, sorry, you're on hero mode, so you won't get any hearts. But your health is still low."

My explanation described how a long journey, spending every minute together, etc. can bring two individuals very close. It brought them close. While there wasn't too much signs(or any) in the story, there was a connection being built. So really, that's why it seemed like you didn't read that part at all, because you it looked like you completely disregarded my reasoning.

The second I see her trying to spoil something, I can just skip the text, or stare away. Is that hard? I mean, I can help it just fine.

She has a great personality, and quite a bit of one.

Also, see, I don't have to press the button that has her tell me that. I can, in hero mode, go get myself a potion, and heal up. Never, ever having to see the message. Even in normal mode, I can get hearts still, never see it. But yeah, whether or not you tune Navi's noises out, it doesn't mean they're not there.

I'm a type of person who reads whole sentences at a time--that's how I've always been. I don't read one word at a time in a game. The first time playing through the game, yes, I was spoiled on puzzles, because I actually wanted to READ what was going on. And I can't stop myself reading a text dialogue because I read really, really fast.

Then I guess I just have to play the game on mute because that incessant beeping NEVER goes away when your health is low. If you can tune that out, more power to you. Yeah, you might not press the button, but the game sure wants you to. Same with the stupid dowsing. If you don't dowse, then the game continually beeps at you to get it done.

I realize that Fi herself is not a bad character, but she suffers from very bad thinking that says she should hold our hand through a Zelda game. The game was designed for newcomers, which isn't a bad thing, but makes Zelda veterans annoyed with the constant hand-holding.

It would be different if the beeping was only there the first three times, but by the time you hit Hero Mode, you shouldn't get that. That's just inexcusable, seriously.

• 11 months later...

This thread, good times. Please tell me you didn't deliberately bump this old thread.

Mzx, I havent even played all of skyward sword, but with the way you talk, it really seems like you didn't play much of it before stating that fact.

I wonder if Kusai ever got around to playing Skyward Sword

This thread, good times. Please tell me you didn't deliberately bump this old thread.

CRAP!  Sorry it was something like 3 or 4 a.m.  I saw April as the month and posted.

I'm in a rush to get my account active again, so I need a lot of non-controversial topics to post in to prove myself civil and cooperative.

So no, the bump was unintentional.

Honest mistake, sorry.

I prefer Fi... mainly because I'm so used to Navi, I'm ready to replace her. I don't hate her, but I think he's become a nervous wreck around Link. She's not a very suitable companion when she obsessively worries too much.

Fi warned you a lot, but it's not like she overcared, or concerned herself. I liked her robotic personality since her reminders sounded more intelligent.

Navi, she pointed more non-sense than Fi too... again, she worries to much (dat Navi)

Fi <-

...i don't really think either of these characters are better, they both serve the same purpose in the game, but are completely different characters with different characteristics. its like comparing pie to cheesecake..

Pie and cheesecake are delicious, but two very different deserty goodness. 

I see what you're saying, and I agree. xD

My opinions... Fi seems to be a bit annoying especially with the batteries... but is a bit more useful then navi though a bit too accurate now for navi I really don't mind hey! Listen! Hey! sometimes I think that she does help but then at the end of the game navi flies away like with not even saying good bye like lolz forget you ;) but compare the navi from the manga to the game it would make a difference

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.