Is majora a woman?

Agnostic Priest

1. 1. is majora a woman?

Question

I'm talking with a friend over skype who thinks majora is a woman. I don't see how this could be.

he's pretty stubborn about this, the only thing this idea has to go on is the little yips, squeaks, and giggles from the final battle scene.while what I have to go on is the idea that majora's wrath is majora manifesting himself to the point where he appears how he truly is, why would majora manifest as a man if he were a woman?

In the comic of Majora's Mask at the end, it basically shows that it was carved out of a (dragonoid like) creature's magical armor, which was took-en by a man who tricked the creature, by fooling him into dancing till he died, the man then carved out the Majora's Mask from the creatures armor.

So its really neither.

Edited by sairugoth

In the comic of Majora's Mask at the end, it basically shows that it was carved out of a (dragonoid like) creature's magical armor, which was took-en by a man who tricked the creature, by fooling him into dancing till he died, the man then carved out the Majora's Mask from the creatures armor.

So its really neither.

The manga is literally not the least bit canon.

• Like 1

Majora being female is a pretty well accepted in the fandom and is even used as the basis for some amazing theories like this one. Its not just the voice, Majora's Wrath has a  feminine look to it given how the mask is positioned and the ovaries on its texture. Its kinda blatant that if it has a gender, its female.

So its really neither.

The manga isn't canon. It made the happy mask guy secretly evil, left out all the temples and had Link fighting out in the open, changed the name of the Indigo Go-Go's to Dal Blue, completely skipped Ikana altogether, and had Anju and Kafei meet back together on top of clock tower . Hell, in the OoT manga, it stated that Volvagia was Link's childood pet.

It's fairly obvious Majora is a woman, I mean

What woman doesn't enjoy seducing you, making you crazy, sucking the life out of you, controlling you, throwing "tantrums" and then consuming everything - I'm assuming Termina is composed of entirely chocolate.

All kidding aside, there are some definite reasons to believe Majora is a woman. The mask placement on both humanoid forms is pretty...subtle,  also the mask itself has womanesque characteristics such as the black "eyeliner" and the purple main base.

I never really thought of Majora's gender. But if one thinks about it, IT (since we don't know whether it's male or female, or even has a gender at all) could most likely be a woman. That would also explain why the mask was able to control Skull Kid, I mean, a lot (and I mean A LOT and not ALL) of characters in video games and movies that controll other characters minds are female. That's probably because of that stereotype that woman can seduce men with their "good looks", their "charme" and their "sweet voice".

I don't think that a mask of madness needs seduction to control who wears it.

That being said I know nothing for sure other than the fact that Majora has both masculine and feminine traits in different parts of itself. It's pretty androgynous.

I'm inclined to believe that Majora is androgynous.Although, in a lot of Japanese games, you'll find that male villains are either overly masculine (like Ganondorf) or frequently they're very feminine males (Good examples would be The baron in Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon and Ghirahim in Skyward Sword.)So although I think it's genderless, I'd say being a feminine male is more likely if it does actually have a gender.

I believe it is gender-less or a hermaphrodite. 

Considering the culture of masks in Termina my other guess would be that the gender of the mask is in the perception of the wearer. Or that the mask would control which-ever gender it wanted to be, to appeal to everyone, maybe as a type of charm when it was used for hexing rituals. Who knows? 

• Like 1

I don't think Majora is anything like a human. It displays no gender discrepancies and its sounds are asexual at best. If this is Majora's true form...

Posted Image

...then I'd say it is genderless. Though its muscular build is masculine, I don't see why it would have a gender unless it was part of a reproducing species. The Golden Goddesses are always depicted as female and Hylia was apparently female—but gender exists for reproduction alone. Considering Hylia was reborn as Zelda and was depicted to be female before, it's safe to say she was female... but why? Why would a deity be gendered? And furthermore, is Majora a deity or a demon? Demise was not a deity—he wanted to be, by seizing the Triforce, but he is a demon. It seems in Zelda lore, demons are lesser than deities. A demon may rule or destroy the world, but they cannot create the world. Creation seems to be more powerful than destruction in the Zelda universe.

Ehem..

Majora is genderless.

I don't see a penis. Just saiyan

I think gods have to have gender to relate to humankind. Like the greek gods, each god had a defined gender--Thor, Athena, ect. Now, the exception being with those is that they were very open about their reproductive status. I think everyone was shacking up with everyone.

Even today though, people's gods or God have a particular gender, we never see a genderless god...the only one I can think of is Chaos, but I think even that was assumed to be female. Because females are chaotic (well, we are).

So, to me, even in the Zelda universe, we see all these gods and goddesses have genders. But then suddenly Majora gets to be genderless? Doesn't seem to fit right. I think it has to be one or the other.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.