Hylian Toolbox

SanguinettiMods

It looks like the real successor to Utility of Time may have arrived! 

http://www.maco64.com/download_page.php?download=2

And there's a video showing off it's UoT-esque capabilities (likely without the crippling Rom Corruption)

I encourage anyone to try it out!

EDIT: Now that I've taken it for a spin it is a hearken back to ZLE1 with wireframe functionality being its real draw (to me).

There are a few things I would suggest to Flotonic though...

1. While there may be little reason for WASD in the Model editing and creating sequences there is worth for the A and D in normal map editing to get a better view on larger maps.

2. A Save to Rom option for the maps or allowing the system to open the maps within the chosen Rom itself (as it appears to show on the video)

3. An actor browser, so we can tab through the actors that are in the map. (there might currently be that functionality and I just can't find it yet)

4. Scene Actor editing. A component missing in any editor since early Utility of Time's (save Sharp Ocarina but as great of an editor as that is, it only works for new maps) and has good worth to it.

This tool has a lot of potential and I am looking forward to what it can do with the ability to now edit .zmaps as other editors can.

I congratulate Flotonic on a new release. It looks like ZAO-ADD is now obsolete considering he added in the ability to add actors and objects :P Darn, I was actually planning on implementing alternate header selection and a Java GUI this week...

4. Scene Actor editing. A component missing in any editor since early Utility of Time's (save Sharp Ocarina but as great of an editor as that is, it only works for new maps) and has good worth to it.

SayakaGL? At least in v0.1.1x, not in the earlier ones IIRC.

Also, congratulations from me too, Flotonic, it's getting better and better :)

I wish I had this kind of motivation and time. It's looking awesome, and I bet it will continue to. Projects don't get this big without good code; once they are this big they can usually continue to develop in a sane manner. My only wishes would be source and linux compatibility but hey those don't really mean adaptation by a community of modders/hackers.

Flotonic, keep it up. Your hard work will pay off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't appear to like my computer.

edit: So it doesn't like converting things from obj at all, tried exporting both from Max and Blender, neither obj is playing ball. It's also picky about zmaps. Not loading those properly. When making maps, it's closing after trying to load the obj, and for zobjs is crashing after it confirms the zobj was created, but no file is written. For zmaps/zscenes, it's crashing after trying to open the zscene.

It doesn't appear to like my computer.

edit: So it doesn't like converting things from obj at all, tried exporting both from Max and Blender, neither obj is playing ball. It's also picky about zmaps. Not loading those properly. When making maps, it's closing after trying to load the obj, and for zobjs is crashing after it confirms the zobj was created, but no file is written. For zmaps/zscenes, it's crashing after trying to open the zscene.

Make sure the .obj and .mtl are in the same folder. Also, the path to Hylian Toolbox, .zmaps/.zscenes, and .obj/.mtl should have no spaces in it. Try again it shouldn't crash anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.